[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Thread: Evidently it's a victory for Michael Sam even if he's cut...

Evidently it's a victory for Michael Sam even if he's cut...

What a load of bulls***. If you get cut, it isn't a victory. It means you were fired. It means you weren't good enough. How is that a victory? It's the same BS that I see with this chick pitcher or the all black team that I've seen article about in the Little League world series. Why are any of these events such a big deal? Do these people have that little belief in gays, or women, or blacks?
    I am going to tear down your safe space
    Brick by brick I shall smash it with glee
    You cannot stop me from getting inside
    I am cold and I am hard and my name is 'Reality'

Re: Evidently it's a victory for Michael Sam even if he's cu

I think a girl pitching--and she pitched well--in the LLWS is a medium-sized deal...like between a tall and grande. Sam getting getting drafted or getting cut is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Fijimn
    I think a girl pitching--and she pitched well--in the LLWS is a medium-sized deal...like between a tall and grande. Sam getting getting drafted or getting cut is not.
    Well then, that's basically admitting that women are inferior when it comes to sports. BTW, she only pitched well in the one game. She was hit pretty hard in the other. I also tried to look up her hitting statistics, but evidently they don't publicize those. She went 0-1 while hitting 7th in the last game, which leads me to believe that she was a late inning replacement when the game was out of hand.

I guess I'm just tired of the media shoving garbage down our throats. Hell, I'm even tired of hearing about Jameis.

Hey, being the first openly-gay player to get cut by the NFL is still making history.

As for it being a big deal, it should be to the Rams for wasting a draft pick on him.

I wonder if this vindicates Tony Dungy?

It's much more a victory for gay people than Sam.

Not a huge victory mind you - but it helps make it easier for gay people to come out in industries known for being prejudiced against gay people - particularly gay professional athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by NoleSoup4U
    Well then, that's basically admitting that women are inferior when it comes to sports. BTW, she only pitched well in the one game. She was hit pretty hard in the other. I also tried to look up her hitting statistics, but evidently they don't publicize those. She went 0-1 while hitting 7th in the last game, which leads me to believe that she was a late inning replacement when the game was out of hand.

I guess I'm just tired of the media shoving garbage down our throats. Hell, I'm even tired of hearing about Jameis.
    At that age, I don't know if girls are inferior than boys. As they mature, yes men are athletically superior than women at the higher levels. The game I saw, she pitched really well for an 11-year old (however, I think that breaking balls should be prohibited at that age).

I just don't understand the position of "media shoving a story line." What do you want the media to report. A girl pitching in the LLWS is a story. They gave it is due notice and now it is over.

You don't think there have been gay people in the NFL this whole time? Do you think he's the only gay person to play in the NFL? Going public doesn't do anything for relations in the locker room except turn it into a circus. Do you think the guys on the team don't notice if another player is gay?

At that age, I don't know if girls are inferior than boys. As they mature, yes men are athletically superior than women at the higher levels. The game I saw, she pitched really well for an 11-year old (however, I think that breaking balls should be prohibited at that age).

I just don't understand the position of "media shoving a story line." What do you want the media to report. A girl pitching in the LLWS is a story. They gave it is due notice and now it is over.
    It isn't that they reported on it, it's that they harped on it and made it look like she was some standout when she really wasn't. Meanwhile, the players who raked her pitching hardly get a mention.

There obviously have been closeted gay people in the NFL - so what.

Going public actually helps the locker room because all the homophobes should be exposed and punished appropriately for any demeaning conduct in response.

When you accept people for their character and not preference in sex partners you have a better team.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Nole
    There obviously have been closeted gay people in the NFL - so what.

Going public actually helps the locker room because all the homophobes should be exposed and punished appropriately for any demeaning conduct in response.

When you accept people for their character and not preference in sex partners you have a better team.
    What homophobes were found out? I'm sure there are some in there. There are homophobes everywhere. So where are they on the St. Louis roster?

Look, the guys in the locker room have already accepted gay football players. They've probably been accepting them for 50+ years. This was nothing more than an attempt to draw attention to himself and give himself his 15 minutes of fame before he's stocking shelves somewhere at a Costco.

If they were accepting of gay players then gay players wouldn't have all stayed in the closet.

You're pretty dense aren't you.

[

Look, the guys in the locker room have already accepted gay football players. They've probably been accepting them for 50+ years. This was nothing more than an attempt to draw attention to himself and give himself his 15 minutes of fame before he's stocking shelves somewhere at a Costco.[/quote]

More like an analyst on ESPN giving his take on the next 11-year old gay female pitcher in the LLWS (your head exploded, didn't it :D

If they were accepting of gay players then gay players wouldn't have all stayed in the closet.

You don't think the gay players teammates didn't know that he was gay? There is no closet to hide in when it comes to the locker room. You must have missed this part of my last post. It seems to happen a lot with you.

Oh my, taking advantage of the leniency of the new board I see.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

[

Look, the guys in the locker room have already accepted gay football players. They've probably been accepting them for 50+ years. This was nothing more than an attempt to draw attention to himself and give himself his 15 minutes of fame before he's stocking shelves somewhere at a Costco.
    More like an analyst on ESPN giving his take on the next 11-year old gay female pitcher in the LLWS (your head exploded, didn't it :D[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by NoleGrad83

Oh my, taking advantage of the leniency of the new board I see.
    It doesn't bother me. Let it ride, brutha.

She isn't 11, she is 13.

I saw an interview with Deion Sanders a few months ago about the Sams story. He said it was making a mountain out of a mole hill. He stated that there was at least one gay player in every locker room he ever played out of and it was no big deal, no one cared about the sexual preference of the other guys. They were all brothers on the team, a family.

Thread Information