[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Thread: What former presidential candidate...

What former presidential candidate...

Over last 30 years do you wish had gotten elected president? Or you hope may still get elected president in the future?

Doesn't need to be the party nominee - consider anyone who has ever thrown their hat in the ring.

Re: What former presidential candidate...

I wish Gary Johnson had won the 2012 election. This two party system is destroying our country.

I never "wish" for alternate histories, but they are fun to think about. I think a Dole presidency from 1996--2000, in hindsight, woulda been an interesting alternative to the distraction/drama of the 2nd Clinton term. Then after 4 years he would step aside and let Jack Kemp fight it out with the Dem nominee (who would not have been Gore, without Clinton's coattails).

Might be better off if Gore had won in 2000. After 9-11, I think he'd have knocked off the Taliban in Afghanistan, but not decided we needed to topple Saddam. The Middle East might be more stable, Dems never would have gotten total control of national govt, so no ACA. Compared to the costs in our actual history of Iraq and the ACA, probably less national debt and our fiscal house in better order.

Quote Originally Posted by PYnole
    I wish Gary Johnson had won the 2012 election. This two party system is destroying our country.
    This.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by OrlandNole
    Quote Originally Posted by PYnole
    This.

Wow,...take note,..I agree with Orlando. I think the Devil just got a new Freezer

I think a second Bush41 term may have been interesting.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

Yep

Gary Johnson would have been interesting. Have an old friend who knows him well and speaks highly of him.

Herman Cain, Fred Thompson, Ross Perot, Steve Forbes.

I wish Al Gore, winner of the popular vote in the 2000 presidential election, would have beaten George W. Bush. Maybe Gore would have listened to intelligence about Bin Laden from Richard Clarke a bit sooner than did Bush and we likely would have never gone into Iraq. I suspect Mr. Gore would have also never authorized the tax cuts put into place by Mr. Bush which have helped contribute to our federal deficit.

Thread Information