[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Must Conservatives Be Cop Lovers?

Must Conservatives Be Cop Lovers?

From Reason Magazine FB page:

Rand Paul is asking Republicans to extend their avowed skepticism of big government to the parts of that apparatus that lock people in cages and shoot them down in the street.

http://reason.com/archives/2014/08/20/m ... cop-lovers

Re: Must Conservatives Be Cop Lovers?

Certainly not a cop lover, but there are dangerous peeps out there and they can't be expected to just get killed when confronting them. The drug war is the big problem.

It's a shame that people equate being against parts of the civil rights bills to being racist.
    I am going to tear down your safe space
    Brick by brick I shall smash it with glee
    You cannot stop me from getting inside
    I am cold and I am hard and my name is 'Reality'

Quote Originally Posted by The Tradition
    Certainly not a cop lover, but there are dangerous peeps out there and they can't be expected to just get killed when confronting them. The drug war is the big problem.
    Part of the problem also is the excessive prison terms. If you're going to go to prison for thirty plus years, you're more likely to gun it out with the cops.

I'm a "cop lover". I know a few and the bulk of them do a good job. But it seems that certain people will believe anything any cop says provided the victim doesn't look like them.
    King Jackass

I'm more a law an order guy than a cop lover or a cop hater. You're either part of a civilized society, or you're not.

This conservative can't stand 'em.

Banned

Some are bad,...some are not. Cannot lump them all together.

It's good to see more conservatives developing a healthy skepticism of LEO's like they have for every other aspect of government. And long past due.

It's bad that some conservatives think that a Motel 6 can refuse service to a black person because of the pigment of their skin.

This position will destroy any RP type libertarian running for President. I find it bizarre that some conservatives are so steadfast in their beliefs that businesses can act in a racist manner in hiring or providing a service that are willing to eliminate any chance of one of their candidates winning office.

To me this indicates a deep seated belief by these conservatives that they really relish being political "sacrifices". They know they can never tip the politics of the US in their direction so the only game left in town is to be the principled truly freedom loving martyrs. They think they win in the "philosophical arena" so that at least gives them something to hang their hat on.

Truth is - you are not freedom loving patriots. You are enablers of vile and evil racist pigs with a deep tradition of violence - and society will never again condone their behavior ever gain in the public domain.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Nole
    It's good to see more conservatives developing a healthy skepticism of LEO's like they have for every other aspect of government. And long past due.

It's bad that some conservatives think that a Motel 6 can refuse service to a black person because of the pigment of their skin.

This position will destroy any RP type libertarian running for President. I find it bizarre that some conservatives are so steadfast in their beliefs that businesses can act in a racist manner in hiring or providing a service that are willing to eliminate any chance of one of their candidates winning office.

To me this indicates a deep seated belief by these conservatives that they really relish being political "sacrifices". They know they can never tip the politics of the US in their direction so the only game left in town is to be the principled truly freedom loving martyrs. They think they win in the "philosophical arena" so that at least gives them something to hang their hat on.

Truth is - you are not freedom loving patriots. You are enablers of vile and evil racist pigs with a deep tradition of violence - and society will never again condone their behavior ever gain in the public domain.

Why are customers and employees allowed to discriminate one any basis whatsoever, while businesses/employers cannot?

If society will never again condone discrimination, then the marketplace would punish wrongdoers and government busybodies would not be needed.

http://www.bigdelivery.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31&dateline=142444635  1

"Why are customers and employees allowed to discriminate one any basis whatsoever, while businesses/employers cannot?"

Because the Supreme Court says so. Not to mention the collective allows the business to operate so the collective can dictate certain terms to business owners and operators.

"If society will never again condone discrimination, then the marketplace would punish wrongdoers and government busybodies would not be needed."

This is true, but only to a certain extent. There are some racist communities that condone racist businesses and don't want any other race in their town. There are also some businesses that don't care if the majority of the community hates them because they get enough business from fellow racists.

I don't love cops. They are needed to keep the peace, but they don't always do their job correctly. I do however, like cops more than I like criminals.

"Why are customers and employees allowed to discriminate one any basis whatsoever, while businesses/employers cannot?"

Because the Supreme Court says so.
    Do you offer this same justification for Dred Scott?

Not to mention the collective allows the business to operate so the collective can dictate certain terms to business owners and operators.
    'the collective allows'...

That sums you up entirely.
    Freedom? Who cares. What matters is what 'the collective allows'.
    God, that's so creepy and you don't even realize it...

"Do you offer this same justification for Dred Scott?"

I was being a bit facetious. However, SCOTUS does have final say on what laws are permissible under the constitution and even when SCOTUS epically fails the law is the law. Of course only far right extremists believe businesses have the right to discriminate for any reason whereas outside of Northern Idaho it's hard to find someone who favors Dred Scott.

"the collective allows'...

You inability to discern the difference between private/individual conduct and public/collective conduct is an epidemic problem among so called individual freedom loving fetishists such as yourself. One day I hope you find the wisdom to extricate yourself from your intellectual bondage.

"Do you offer this same justification for Dred Scott?"

I was being a bit facetious. However, SCOTUS does have final say on what laws are permissible under the constitution and even when SCOTUS epically fails the law is the law. Of course only far right extremists believe businesses have the right to discriminate for any reason whereas outside of Northern Idaho it's hard to find someone who favors Dred Scott.

"the collective allows'...

You inability to discern the difference between private/individual conduct and public/collective conduct is an epidemic problem among so called individual freedom loving fetishists such as yourself. One day I hope you find the wisdom to extricate yourself from your intellectual bondage.

Escape bondage by accepting bondage? You sound like George Orwell.

No silly boy - escape the intellectual prison of being dumb enough to confuse private individual conduct with collective conduct.

Because the Supreme Court says so. Not to mention the collective allows the business to operate so the collective can dictate certain terms to business owners and operators.

"If society will never again condone discrimination, then the marketplace would punish wrongdoers and government busybodies would not be needed."

This is true, but only to a certain extent. There are some racist communities that condone racist businesses and don't want any other race in their town. There are also some businesses that don't care if the majority of the community hates them because they get enough business from fellow racists.
    Here you go again. Whenever you don't have an answer you run to the SCOTUS. Are you even capable of forming your own arguments because this, once again, is an area for philosophical discussion. We've all seen schoolhouse rock and we all know how the SCOTUS decided. Maybe Jeep can create a SCOTUS partition for you and you can go over there and talk to yourself?

No silly boy - escape the intellectual prison of being dumb enough to confuse private individual conduct with collective conduct.
    So, if the "collective" decides that looting businesses every night is an appropriate way of making a living, we should repeal all laws against looting?

Banned

The Collective is for PUSSIES, Period.

If you cannot do it yourself, Then force an individual, to do what you want, at the point of a GUN,,,,, Yeah,... that is FREEDOM BABY

Thread Information