[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Racial Voilence...Is it really an epidemic?

Racial Voilence...Is it really an epidemic?

Re: Racial Voilence...Is it really an epidemic?

Putting dark skinned people in prison certainly is.

Those dark skinned people should really curb their criminal activity, huh?

No, cops should go after non dark skinned people as much as dark skinned people (particularly drug crimes which white people commit as frequently and get busted for in far larger numbers).

You would think conservatives would care about stuff like this since they hate overreaching big government - but since it means putting dark skinned people in prison staffed by white racists in rural towns who vote GOP it's all good.

I think its time we start throwing white people in prison in far greater numbers and letting inner city black people guard them. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Nole
    No, cops should go after non dark skinned people as much as dark skinned people (particularly drug crimes which white people commit as frequently and get busted for in far larger numbers).

You would think conservatives would care about stuff like this since they hate overreaching big government - but since it means putting dark skinned people in prison staffed by white racists in rural towns who vote GOP it's all good.

I think its time we start throwing white people in prison in far greater numbers and letting inner city black people guard them. :)
    The reason that "dark skinned" people are disproportionately busted for drug crimes is because it's hard to catch white kids doing drugs in their grandma's suburban basement. You gotta have probable cause and get a warrant... way too much paperwork and effort. But it's easy to bust people who are doing/selling drugs on the street as is the custom in poor minority neighborhoods.

I thought you were for drug legalization - and if so shouldn't you be highly critical of our drug war and the cost it has on society?

I thought you were for drug legalization - and if so shouldn't you be highly critical of our drug war and the cost it has on society?
    Yes, but that doesn't mean I have to adopt the race-baiter argument to support it.

All I'm saying is, for whatever reason, people in poor minority neighborhoods deal with drugs in a more risky manner than middle class white people. The disparity in arrests does not necessarily mean that law enforcement is full of racists.

It couldn't be that middle class white kids get off with a slap on the wrist while black kids get the book thrown at them.

Na, that's crazy talk.

I'm personally for legalizing all drugs. The drug war is stupid.

However that, nor stats on drug arrests have anything to do with the videos stats on black on white violent crime. So, basically....deflection at its finest.

[quote=The Tradition]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Brooklyn Nole":2k4h7arh
    Yes, but that doesn't mean I have to adopt the race-baiter argument to support it.

All I'm saying is, for whatever reason, people in poor minority neighborhoods deal with drugs in a more risky manner than middle class white people. The disparity in arrests does not necessarily mean that law enforcement is full of racists.[/quote:2k4h7arh]

That's a white guys bedtime story and I certainly hope you know it. Blacks are assumed more dangerous and probably criminals whether individually they are or aren't. Blue eyed Bobbie isn't likely going to get the same treatment in the squad car, holding cell, or courthouse as dred-wearing D'Angelo and that doesn't have anything to do with who lit up in the back of a bar or on the street.

If white people are going to create a criminal justice system where blacks get punished so disproportionately in raw numbers and lengths of sentences then violence on white people for supporting such injustice is certainly understandable.

White people would visit violence on black people is the roles were reversed.

If white people are going to create a criminal justice system where blacks get punished so disproportionately in raw numbers and lengths of sentences then violence on white people for supporting such injustice is certainly understandable.

Ludicrous. Do you really think the average thug out there thinks about the whitey justice system when committing a crime?

That all being said, racism is less invasive now than at any other time in American history and compared to most of those times, it isn't even close.

They don't care because white dominated society (and particularly criminal justice) has made it clear they don't care about dark skinned people.

If the system treated all races fairly they wouldn't act out so violently.

Haha, from deflection straight into the victimization excuse. Again, can't address the numbers, so deflect and blame. So what does uncle Saul say to go to next in the playbook?

They don't care because white dominated society (and particularly criminal justice) has made it clear they don't care about dark skinned people.

If the system treated all races fairly they wouldn't act out so violently.
    Go talk to Holder if you have a problem with it.

I would if I could.

Instead I work to crush the white power structures behind the warehousing of dark skinned people for the benefit of rural white racists who make a check guarding them. You know - the small government white racist types.

I would if I could.

Instead I work to crush the white power structures behind the warehousing of dark skinned people for the benefit of rural white racists who make a check guarding them. You know - the small government white racist types.
    And there we have it. From deflection to the victimization card straight to the race card all in one thread in like one hour. You really have that liberal handbook down. When faced with facts that completely destroy your agenda, just follow the liberal handbook.

Nothing to say but typical liberal bigot.

Quote Originally Posted by bullshiznitz
    I would if I could.

And there we have it. From deflection to the victimization card straight to the race card all in one thread in like one hour. You really have that liberal handbook down. When faced with facts that completely destroy your agenda, just follow the liberal handbook.

Nothing to say but typical liberal bigot.

What facts?

That blacks commit crime at a higher rate than whites.

Thread Information