[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: 60 percent of Democrat voters fear ObamaCare

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Home of the Syrupmakers
    Posts
    10,817

    60 percent of Democrat voters fear ObamaCare

    60 percent of Democrat voters fear bosses will switch them to ObamaCare policies

    Oh no! Not that!

    This is one of the reasons liberalism enjoys its moments of political ascendancy, but never really takes hold as a philosophy the nation accepts on an enduring basis. Simply put: One of the cures for liberalism is when its advocates find they have to live with its consequences.

    When ObamaCare was passed in 2010, Democrats across the nation embraced it almost unanimously because they've always been in favor of "universal health care," and while ObamaCare was not quite the single-payer system most of them really want, it was the biggest step in that direction they'd ever had the opportunity to take.

    But many liberals are actually two people. There is the assortment of opinions they hold in the abstract about how society should be. And then there's the individual who has a job, has a family, has to deal with the cost of living . . . and has a health insurance policy. Put that law in effect for the nation as a whole, but I'm good, bro.

    Or so you thought:

    A new poll by Morning Consult found that 60 percent of Democrats are worried their employers will move them to health plans under the Obamacare exchanges because they believe it will lead to worse coverage.

    The survey found that 72 percent of Republicans and 53 percent of independents felt the same way.

    “Across all parties, respondents believe that the shift to health insurance exchanges will have a negative impact on the quality of health coverage,” the report stated.

    The fear on the part of the Democrats is particularly interesting given that one of the biggest liberal arguments for Obamacare was that switching to the exchanges would allow workers more job freedom and the ability to change jobs without fear of losing healthcare coverage. It was opponents of Obamacare that insisted that the exchanges would lead to worse coverage.

    An incredible 42 percent of Democrats said they would consider leaving their job if their employer switched them to the Obamacare exchanges, a move that the law incentivizes companies to do.

    They have good reason for their fear. As Herman told you the other day, ObamaCare is actually designed to beat up employers who offer generous health insurance plans until they downgrade. When these Democrat voters were enthusiastically backing ObamaCare four years ago, I'm guessing most of them either didn't realize that or didn't quite put two and two together so as to recognize that this meant them.

    Like all liberal economic policies, ObamaCare is designed to equalize everything according to a standard set by politicians. Despite their carping about the plight of the poor (which could be addressed in much more targeted and focused ways), the truth is that most people are fully capable of creating positive circumstances for their own lives, and don't appreciate being forcibly downgraded in the service of "equality."

    Eventually a fair number of liberals are shocked to learn that the policies they advocate will force them to pay this price, and they don't like it. I'm not suggesting this will turn them all into Republican voters overnight. Many have left-wing political tendencies that are set in so hard, they can scarcely even think in terms of the free market being a better option. Instead, they think the answer must lie in some sort of new, politically driven tweak to the same insane policy that is actually the problem in the first place.

    But the fact remains that liberal policies can never bring about the unrestrained elation Democrats dream of (and try to sell to the public), because inevitably they screw people in large numbers, and you always end up with a lot of disenchantment that you didn't anticipate - often among your own supporters.

    ObamaCare apologists insist "the law is here to stay," if only because they figure it's too hard to take away a benefit once you've granted it to people. I think they're wrong, but even if they're right, it's a pretty tepid endorsement of a law to argue we're stuck with it because it's too hard to get rid of it. That's a universe away from saying, "Everyone loves it!" Because they sure as hell know that's not the case. Even a majority of them don't love it when they realize what it's going to do to them.

    http://www.caintv.com/60-percent-of-democrat-voters

  2. #2

    Re: 60 percent of Democrat voters fear ObamaCare

    When theory meets reality. It could be a game show.

  3. #3

    Re: 60 percent of Democrat voters fear ObamaCare

    Like every other major socialist program the longer it exists the more popular it will get.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Home of the Syrupmakers
    Posts
    10,817

    Re: 60 percent of Democrat voters fear ObamaCare

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Nole
    Like every other major socialist program the longer it exists the more popular it will get.


  5. #5

    Re: 60 percent of Democrat voters fear ObamaCare

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Nole
    Like every other major socialist program the longer it exists the more popular it will get.
    Man, tearing down the Berlin wall must have been REALLY unpopular, then.

  6. #6

    Re: 60 percent of Democrat voters fear ObamaCare

    I can always count on you to confuse totalitarian communism and democratic socialism.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    101

    Re: 60 percent of Democrat voters fear ObamaCare

    [img]http://*****spot.jadedragononline.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/push_button_government_handout_393565.jpg[/img]

  8. #8

    Re: 60 percent of Democrat voters fear ObamaCare

    Yeah, especially if you make a ton of money and can take advantage of all the tax loop holes the government loves to give the wealthy.

  9. #9

    Re: 60 percent of Democrat voters fear ObamaCare

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Nole
    I can always count on you to confuse totalitarian communism and democratic socialism.
    Totalitarian communism is the end-game of democratic socialism.

  10. #10

    Re: 60 percent of Democrat voters fear ObamaCare

    Only in your sad little mind.

    Go look at Europe and tell me how democratic socialism has turned into communism when the fact is that communism has turned into democratic socialism.

  11. #11

    Re: 60 percent of Democrat voters fear ObamaCare

    Quote Originally Posted by Guckster
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Nole
    Like every other major socialist program the longer it exists the more popular it will get.

    Why do you think Medicare and Medicaid are still around and Republicans don't publicly talk about repealing them? Go look at the polling data of all of these Republicans who hate Obamacare but LOVE their Medicare.

    The lie the Republicans have been telling is that our health care system prior to Obamacare was a free market system that lacked socialized medicine.

  12. #12

    Re: 60 percent of Democrat voters fear ObamaCare

    [quote=Democratic Nole]
    Quote Originally Posted by Guckster
    Quote Originally Posted by "Brooklyn Nole":20u3xouy
    Like every other major socialist program the longer it exists the more popular it will get.

    Why do you think Medicare and Medicaid are still around and Republicans don't publicly talk about repealing them? Go look at the polling data of all of these Republicans who hate Obamacare but LOVE their Medicare.

    The lie the Republicans have been telling is that our health care system prior to Obamacare was a free market system that lacked socialized medicine.[/quote:20u3xouy]


    Definitely looks like government-subsidized spelling lessons haven't been too successful...

  13. #13

    Re: 60 percent of Democrat voters fear ObamaCare

    Guck doesn't understand logic like that - it interrupts his wet dreams.

    But he makes sure he wear Depends at night - so it's all good.

  14. #14

    Re: 60 percent of Democrat voters fear ObamaCare

    Definitely looks like government-subsidized spelling lessons haven't been too successful...[/quote]

    Na, that kid is home schooled and probably thinks the Sun goes around the Earth.

  15. #15

    Re: 60 percent of Democrat voters fear ObamaCare

    Well, how else does it rise in the east and set in the west? Duh...

  16. #16

    Re: 60 percent of Democrat voters fear ObamaCare

    Republicans successfully won the PR battle on Obamacare, but they lost the legislative war which they actually abandoned. Unfortunately for them, the individual parts of Obamacare are popular when described to accurately, it's just the label most hate. They just don't know what the hell it is.

    By the way, Pryor of Arkansas just began running adds touting his vote for some of these individual parts, indicating the ground is shifting on the politics of the issue.

  17. #17

    Re: 60 percent of Democrat voters fear ObamaCare

    In Kentucky they called it Kennect Care and the people love it.

    So long as they don't know a black man is helping them they are fine with the law.

  18. #18

    Re: 60 percent of Democrat voters fear ObamaCare

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Nole
    Yeah, especially if you make a ton of money and can take advantage of all the tax loop holes the government loves to give the wealthy.
    Well, why don't you work to get rid of the GD loop holes? Oh that's right, because then your boys couldn't buy peoples' votes with said peoples' money.
    I am going to tear down your safe space
    Brick by brick I shall smash it with glee
    You cannot stop me from getting inside
    I am cold and I am hard and my name is 'Reality'

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Home of the Syrupmakers
    Posts
    10,817

    Re: 60 percent of Democrat voters fear ObamaCare

    Damn how dumb do you have to be.

    You do not Rob Peter to pay Paul,...FOR ANY REASON

    #1 According to the U.S. Supreme Court, the federal government has the power to force you to buy private goods and services. Now that this door has been opened, what else will we be forced to buy in the future?

    #2 Obamacare is another step away from individual liberty and another step toward a “nanny state” where the government dominates our lives from the cradle to the grave.

    #3 The IRS is now going to be given the task of hunting down and penalizing millions of Americans that do not have any health insurance. In fact, the Obama administration has given the IRS 500 million extra dollars “outside the normal appropriations process” to help them enforce the provisions of Obamacare that they are in charge of overseeing.

    #4 Obamacare imposes more than 20 new taxes on the American people. You can find a comprehensive list of Obamacare taxes right here. If you love paying higher taxes, then you are going to absolutely love Obamacare once it is fully implemented.

    #5 In an attempt to “control costs” and “promote efficiency”, Obamacare limits the treatment options that doctors and patients can consider. This is likely to result in a decrease in life expectancy in the United States.

    #6 Obamacare is going to impose nightmarish paperwork burdens on doctors, hospitals and the rest of the healthcare system. This is going to significantly increase our healthcare costs as a nation.

    #7 Obamacare is going to send health insurance premiums soaring. This is especially true for younger Americans.

    #8 Many small businesses are going to be absolutely crushed by the provisions in Obamacare that require them to provide expensive health insurance coverage for their employees. This is going to make them even less competitive with companies in other countries where businesses are not required to provide healthcare for their workers. This is also going to make it even less attractive for businesses to hire new employees.

    #9 Obamacare is going to make the emerging doctor shortage in America a lot worse. Surveys have found that we could potentially see hundreds of thousands of doctors leave the medical profession because of Obamacare.

    #10 Obamacare has already forced the cancellation of dozens of doctor-owned hospitals.

    #11 Obamacare is going to result in a much bigger federal government. In order to fully implement all of the provisions of Obamacare, hordes of new government bureaucrats will be required.

    #12 Thanks to Obamacare, you are going to have to wait much longer to see a doctor. Just look at what happened once Romneycare was implemented in Massachusetts….

    In fact, we have already seen the start of this process in Massachusetts, where Mitt Romney’s health care reforms were nearly identical to President Obama’s. Romney’s reforms increased the demand for health care but did nothing to expand the supply of physicians. In fact, by cracking down on insurance premiums, Massachusetts pushed insurers to reduce their payments to providers, making it less worthwhile for doctors to expand their practices. As a result, the average wait to get an appointment with a doctor grew from 33 days to over 55 days.

    #13 Obamacare contains all kinds of insidious little provisions that most people don’t even know about. The following is one example from the Alliance Defense Fund….

    “Did you know that with ObamaCare you will have to pay for life-saving drugs, but life-ending drugs are free. One hundred percent free. If this plan were really about health care wouldn’t it be the other way around?”

    #14 As if the U.S. government was not facing enough of a crisis with entitlement spending, it is being projected that Obamacare will add 16 million more Americans to the Medicaid rolls. You and I will be paying for all of this.

    #15 The Congressional Budget Office estimates that Obamacare will add more than a trillion dollars to government spending over the next decade. Considering the fact that the U.S. government is already drowning in debt, how in the world can we afford this?

    So what do you think about the Obamacare decision?

  20. #20

    Re: 60 percent of Democrat voters fear ObamaCare

    Quote Originally Posted by Guckster
    Damn how dumb do you have to be.

    You do not Rob Peter to pay Paul,...FOR ANY REASON

    #1 According to the U.S. Supreme Court, the federal government has the power to force you to buy private goods and services. Now that this door has been opened, what else will we be forced to buy in the future?

    #2 Obamacare is another step away from individual liberty and another step toward a “nanny state” where the government dominates our lives from the cradle to the grave.

    #3 The IRS is now going to be given the task of hunting down and penalizing millions of Americans that do not have any health insurance. In fact, the Obama administration has given the IRS 500 million extra dollars “outside the normal appropriations process” to help them enforce the provisions of Obamacare that they are in charge of overseeing.

    #4 Obamacare imposes more than 20 new taxes on the American people. You can find a comprehensive list of Obamacare taxes right here. If you love paying higher taxes, then you are going to absolutely love Obamacare once it is fully implemented.

    #5 In an attempt to “control costs” and “promote efficiency”, Obamacare limits the treatment options that doctors and patients can consider. This is likely to result in a decrease in life expectancy in the United States.

    #6 Obamacare is going to impose nightmarish paperwork burdens on doctors, hospitals and the rest of the healthcare system. This is going to significantly increase our healthcare costs as a nation.

    #7 Obamacare is going to send health insurance premiums soaring. This is especially true for younger Americans.

    #8 Many small businesses are going to be absolutely crushed by the provisions in Obamacare that require them to provide expensive health insurance coverage for their employees. This is going to make them even less competitive with companies in other countries where businesses are not required to provide healthcare for their workers. This is also going to make it even less attractive for businesses to hire new employees.

    #9 Obamacare is going to make the emerging doctor shortage in America a lot worse. Surveys have found that we could potentially see hundreds of thousands of doctors leave the medical profession because of Obamacare.

    #10 Obamacare has already forced the cancellation of dozens of doctor-owned hospitals.

    #11 Obamacare is going to result in a much bigger federal government. In order to fully implement all of the provisions of Obamacare, hordes of new government bureaucrats will be required.

    #12 Thanks to Obamacare, you are going to have to wait much longer to see a doctor. Just look at what happened once Romneycare was implemented in Massachusetts….

    In fact, we have already seen the start of this process in Massachusetts, where Mitt Romney’s health care reforms were nearly identical to President Obama’s. Romney’s reforms increased the demand for health care but did nothing to expand the supply of physicians. In fact, by cracking down on insurance premiums, Massachusetts pushed insurers to reduce their payments to providers, making it less worthwhile for doctors to expand their practices. As a result, the average wait to get an appointment with a doctor grew from 33 days to over 55 days.

    #13 Obamacare contains all kinds of insidious little provisions that most people don’t even know about. The following is one example from the Alliance Defense Fund….

    “Did you know that with ObamaCare you will have to pay for life-saving drugs, but life-ending drugs are free. One hundred percent free. If this plan were really about health care wouldn’t it be the other way around?”

    #14 As if the U.S. government was not facing enough of a crisis with entitlement spending, it is being projected that Obamacare will add 16 million more Americans to the Medicaid rolls. You and I will be paying for all of this.

    #15 The Congressional Budget Office estimates that Obamacare will add more than a trillion dollars to government spending over the next decade. Considering the fact that the U.S. government is already drowning in debt, how in the world can we afford this?

    So what do you think about the Obamacare decision?
    The Supreme Court has also ruled that a law passed and signed by Reagan grants all of us the right to health care by any facility receiving federal payments, whether we can pay or not. By forcing citizens to purchase insurance we are completing that circle.

    As to the rest of your cut and post, the rest of the developed world provides universal health care aat 60% of what we pay, on average, and they do this using everything from socialized care - like our VA and the UK - to a combination of private and public insurance and providers - like Germany. The unifying principle is negotiating and setting prices by the government. It ain't rocket science.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Copyright © 2013 www.BigDelivery.com - All Rights Reserved - Copyright © 2014 www.TheDailyNole.com - All Rights Reserved
This website is an independently operated source of news and information not affiliated with any school or team.
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO