[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Thread: OT - Dallas/Ft Worth Restaurants & Bars

OT - Dallas/Ft Worth Restaurants & Bars

Hopefully we will play two games in Dallas this season. Besides In-n-Out, where to eat? Word

Re: OT - Dallas/Ft Worth Restaurants & Bars

http://www.texasmonthly.com/eat-my-word ... rants-2014

For BBQ, Pecan Lodge is extremely good.

Torchy's Tacos, which originated as a food truck in Austin, has a location near the Ft Worth medical center

Yep, but not a fan of Torchy's. There is an In N Out outside Dallas...

Quote Originally Posted by Fijimn
    Yep, but not a fan of Torchy's. There is an In N Out outside Dallas...
    The tacos are ok. The queso with guac in it is bad azz. There is an In n Out in Ft Worth

Various collected posts

------

You are 20 minutes from the stadium. Sundance Square is the place to hang for eats and some decent bars. Spend some time over at the Stockyards. Billy Bobs is there. Around Sundace there is a good Mia Cucina for Mexican, Del Frisco's for steak, Mercury Chop House, Reata, to name a few. Lonesome Dove is good over by the Stockyards. Uptown Dallas is probably 45 minutes from downtown Ft Worth.

-----

These threads should really be separated by which city you are staying in. It's 45-60 minutes between the two (in not heavy traffic). Two very different cities. No reason to stay in Arlington. None. Zero. Zilch.

-----

I currently live 200 yards from that hotel.

Food -
    Joe T. Garcias for good mexican (cash only)
    Reata - Good food downtown Sundance square. The molly trolley will pick you up at the hotel and take you there for free
    H3 Ranch - Great steak in the stock yards.
    Lonesome Dove Western Bistro - Fine dining but with a twist. All Texas meat/food - I.e - Rattlesnake, Road runner, etc. Expensive but amazing. Also in the stock yards.

The best bars are on 7th street. Start at Reservoir and move from there... some good food options there too.

-----------

Downtown still has some bars I like but not as many as it did a few years ago. If the weather is decent you could go sit outside at the Flying Saucer. And Reata has a nice patio.

------

I have only been to Dallas a couple times as my company has a site in Irving. But one place we went that is one of my favorite restaurants is the Brazilian Churrascaria: Fogo de Chao. It has a nice salad bar, but I didnt waste my appetite on that flipped my card to green and the meats just kept coming and coming,

And the clientele up in the bar area when I went was very easy on the eyes as well.

-----------

If u want good tex mex the best place to eat is esparzes

-----------

You've got a perfect spot. I believe the Seminole Club of North Texas has Billy Bob's reserved for Friday night. Traveling to Dallas West End from there would be a haul. Probably would travel vis FM 360, but the traffic is tough, particularly if the LBJ freeway is still under construction (which it will be since is has been since Noah and the flood). Preston's already shared other items of interest. Tailgating has to be done a little differently in August in Texas. It will probably be ~103F on Saturday Afternoon. FSU folks are trying to line up an appropriate response, but AC in tents is a joke here in August. It has been tried; but there will be something and it will likely be in or around Sundance.

-------

Yes esperanza's is excellent. And Ft Worth has a version of the Brazillian place. It's called Texas de Brazil and is downtown. Fogo is a little better in my opinion. But I wouldn't recommend it if you like a baseball filet or just want a ribeye. I like it because they have lamb chops and leg of lamb to go along with slices of steak.

For bars, west 7th street (west of downtown) has been mentioned. Or you can just walk around downtown and choose a place. You could go to the stockyards and maybe see some live music at the White Elephant Saloon. I'm not a big Billy Bob's guy.

Edit: I didn't see the comment on Billy Bob's before posting.

----------

Great advice in this thread from a Ft Worth resident.

--------------

Casa Manana has the best Mexican IMO. For BBQ try the Smoke Pit. It's a classic old southern local place.

http://m.thesmokepitcatering.com

------------

If you are going to be in the downtown Fort Worth area I would recommend going to Sundance Square. Reata is my favorite.
    Food is great and has, or at least had, a good happy hour. it can be a little pricey. Del Frisco's is also good. There are a number of
    medium priced restaurants in the Sundance Square area that are good. If you like seafood with a bit of Cajun kick I would
    recommend Razoos(sp). There are quite a few very good Mexican restaurants near the downtown area. You can't go to Texas
    and not try the Mexican food. My favorite is Joe T Garcias. Word of caution, make your reservations early. They get very busy
    on the weekends. You can sit outside surrounded by large beautiful oak trees. However, the menu outside is limited to 4 or 5
    different entrees. For the full menu you will have to sit inside.

Hope you enjoy your time in the DFW metroplex

--------------

Yeah I was going to let that go. Pretty funny. That white queso stuff at Benito's is amazing. My dad had an office right by there. Would still recommend Joe Ts for atmosphere/experience reasons, but Benito's is good. Hospital district. Some newer bars around that area also. Live oak, the usual, and Finn McCools.

----------

Keep this thread alive....here is Yelp link for Benito's

http://www.yelp.com/biz/benitos-fort-worth-2

-----------

No one has mentioned Scat Jazz lounge yet. It's in downtown on 4th street. You walk between 2 buildings and take an elevator down to the lounge. Pretty cool place if you're into that scene. So add that to potential downtown spots.

-----------

While it is a little north of Ft. Worth they have be best fried chicken around and well worth the trip "Babes" http://www.babeschicken.com/ - lived in Texas since '87 and always make it there when I am in town.

---------

f you like blues and beer, I recommend JJs Blues bar.

http://www.jjbluesbar.com

The Kimball At Museum is a world class museum and there are a couple other nice museums next to it, which make for a nice afternoon.

Everyone might know this but visiting the Grassy Knoll and the Book Depository Museum (I forget the exact name) in downtown Dallas where JFK was assassinated is really interesting. Unlike a lot of other historical spots where violence was occurred, here it's very easy to flash back in your mind and imagine it all happening in front of you and try to picture if or where the other gunman may have been positioned.

-------------

I didn't realize JJs was open again (I don't live in Ft Worth now). Use to love that place. Real dive joint. Last time I was there a biker rolled through the doors and parked right on the dance floor. Then his lady gave the bar a strip tease. They let it go because only a few people were in there. That's been about 6-7 years, though. Obviously wasn't a family place. Maybe it's different now. Looks like it has the same location. Just north of downtown. Agree with the modern art museum also. I've actually never done the JFK thing.

CFS with queso, guacamole and sour cream aka Bob Armstrong Style at Matt's Rancho Martinez

CFS Cowboy Style at Ozona Grill

I ate at Reata the last time I was in Fort Worth. The food was solid. Make sure you request rooftop dining - great view of downtown.

FWIW, I have heard the In-N-Outs in DFW aren't as good as the originals in Cali.

Half order of Chicken Fajita Nachos at Mi Cocina Sundance Square

http://www.yelp.com/biz/mi-cocina-resta ... fort-worth

There's a Babes in Arlington near downtown.

Marianos is good Tex Mex in Arlington - a hole in the wall type place on the east side of 360.

Pecan Lodge in Deep Ellum is probably the best BBQ in Dallas (in my opinion) plus Deep Ellum is a pretty cool place to be (mind you I haven't been out in Dallas for a very long time).

Quote Originally Posted by Fijimn
    Pecan Lodge in Deep Ellum is probably the best BBQ in Dallas (in my opinion) plus Deep Ellum is a pretty cool place to be (mind you I haven't been out in Dallas for a very long time).
    i would say hands down. $10 for a half a pound of brisket though. There is some emerging competition, but they arent open but one or two days for lunch exclusively.

Joe T's is not good mexican food. they have a great patio and pretty cheap booze, but the "food" is a choice of enchiladas and fajitas (heard their lunch menu has a little more on it). it isnt exactly in a neighborhood you want to go walking around in either.

i cant recommend ozonas (and not because i havent been).

Quote Originally Posted by TC_Nole_OX
    the fried chicken is better than the CFS.

best fried chicken in the metroplex, IMO, is currently at stampede 66.

Bodacious BBQ is just south of AT&T Stadium and is decent.

Quote Originally Posted by OrlandNole

is that anyway to live your life?

Quote Originally Posted by LBoogie28

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by LBoogie28

Yes.

Thread Information