[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: St Louis execution

St Louis execution

Re: St Louis execution

The police will investigate themselves. What could go wrong?

Lots of people on that police force are going to lose their jobs - and if they don't the politicians that hire them will.

Looks more like a suicide to me. What an idiot.

Why not a taser here?

That guys also broke Chris Rock's rules for dealing with police.

I believe the proper term is "suicide by cop"

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMtNole
    Why not a taser here?
    He requested to be shot.

As my parents loved to say: be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tradition

All joking aside... I have a lot of problems with what I see in this video....

First, they get out of the truck and immediately draw guns. The subject has hands in pocket and no knife is visible... I understand that it was called in as an armed robbery but nothing upon pulling up to this scene says get your gun out....

Second, if it is reported as a knife when its called in why go straight to guns? Why not a taser?

Third, when the subject does advance towards the cop why not back off and keep the truck between you and try to diffuse the situation? Why shoot unless you absolutely have to?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueNole
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tradition

All joking aside... I have a lot of problems with what I see in this video....

First, they get out of the truck and immediately draw guns. The subject has hands in pocket and no knife is visible... I understand that it was called in as an armed robbery but nothing upon pulling up to this scene says get your gun out....

Second, if it is reported as a knife when its called in why go straight to guns? Why not a taser?

Third, when the subject does advance towards the cop why not back off and keep the truck between you and try to diffuse the situation? Why shoot unless you absolutely have to?

When I was in the Coast Guard they showed us a video of a guy with a knife being able to run a surprising distance and attacking before the officer could unholster his gun and draw it on the attacker. Basically, the advice was, "don't think a gun is faster/better than the knife, because that'll get you killed."

What do you suppose was the thread alleviated by the final two shots while he was on the ground with 5 already in him?
    King Jackass

Nice to see Belem is on board.

And of course as cogent as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Nole
    Nice to see Belem is on board.

And of course as cogent as ever.
    He typed "thread" when he meant "threat". Not sure how that's "cogent".

Of course you would notice the grammar error and completely ignore the incisive point he was making.

Typical of your priorities.

Of course you would notice the grammar error and completely ignore the incisive point he was making.

Typical of your priorities.
    Police officers aren't robots. Once you start squeezing off rounds, with everything happening so fast, you don't really have time to think, "have I immobilized the threat? Should I stop shooting, now?"

That's really an unrealistic expectation in a life-threatening situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Belem
    What do you suppose was the threat alleviated by the final two shots while he was on the ground with 5 already in him?
    To prevent a future revenge attack?

Have you ever shot someone coming at you in a situation like that?

If you cannot stop shooting when a person is defenseless on the ground - you shouldn't be a cop.

Cannot wait to see Ferguson fire all these people at the next election.

Say bye bye to your pensions you POS officers.

If you cannot stop shooting when a person is defenseless on the ground - you shouldn't be a cop.

Cannot wait to see Ferguson fire all these people at the next election.

Say bye bye to your pensions you POS officers.
    Damn It!!! I hate when I agree with Brook...

I expect police to have that discretion.

As to the firing these people at the next election, I will believe it when I see it. Not that they shouldn't. I believe they should.

I find it disgusting to hear they have such a low voter turnout.

IF you can't show up to vote don't expect the government to work the way you want it to.

This is a good lesson for the people of Ferguson. Don't vote and racist white cops run your town.

This is a good lesson for the people of Ferguson. Behave and the cops won't kill you for stupidy.
    FIFY

Thread Information