[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Thread: The Domain Name

The Domain Name

Some people expressed this domain name could have been better. Here are a few that might go on the auction block today.

Dirtonline.com
    PizzaBox.com
    HolyStyle.com
    anus.net
    viparchive.com

Some real winners right?

Re: The Domain Name

I can't believe we did not choose anus.net

You bought "anus.net"?

Isn't there supposed to be hundreds of new ".something" domain extensions? Leading to millions of possibilities?

A bicycle shop can now have "mainstreetcycleshop.bike" or a campground can now have "sunsetlakes.camp"?

anus.net all day

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne
    You bought "anus.net"?
    These are domains that are expiring today and will go to auction.

I can then bid on these domains.

To the other person, yes there are new extensions.... But they are pretty much worthless value wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Panhandler
    anus.net all day

Do you really want your IT department to report to your boss that you are obsessively visiting "anus.net" while at work?

Bigdelivery is fine. It is kinda catchy. I do think we should buy fsupolitics.com and have it forward to this board. It will be easier to tell people about this place and for them to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by TC_Nole_OX
    Bigdelivery is fine. It is kinda catchy. I do think we should buy fsupolitics.com and have it forward to this board. It will be easier to tell people about this place and for them to remember.
    Buy it and just setup a pointer at the domain registar....

[quote=FSU_Jeep]
    Quote Originally Posted by "TC_Nole_OX":a4qvlybg
    Buy it and just setup a pointer at the domain registar....[/quote:a4qvlybg]

Speaking as an employee of the university... I would not waste your money buying that domain and pointing it at this site. The university does protect it's brand and goes after sites with FSU in their URL purporting to be related to the university... I am not saying they would make the connection but it just isn't worth the hassle.

In all honesty some of the things that will be said on here do not need to be able to be linked to the university.

I am not sure that would be of any value as far as bringing people here anyway... word of mouth is going to do it if this site lives and grows...

[quote=BigBlueNole]
    Quote Originally Posted by FSU_Jeep
    Quote Originally Posted by "TC_Nole_OX":14ujib86
    Buy it and just setup a pointer at the domain registar....

Speaking as an employee of the university... I would not waste your money buying that domain and pointing it at this site. The university does protect it's brand and goes after sites with FSU in their URL purporting to be related to the university... I am not saying they would make the connection but it just isn't worth the hassle.

In all honesty some of the things that will be said on here do not need to be able to be linked to the university.

I am not sure that would be of any value as far as bringing people here anyway... word of mouth is going to do it if this site lives and grows...[/quote:14ujib86]

Why do you think I don't own any fsu names :) However it can be be done... look at Noles247 and Warchant. You couldn't use FSUpolitics but you could use NolesPolitics or SportsPolitics.

But I prefer more generic terms that can't become trademark issues. Trademark law is big business.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tradition
    Quote Originally Posted by Panhandler
    anus.net all day

Do you really want your IT department to report to your boss that you are obsessively visiting "anus.net" while at work?

I can be on anus.net all day if I want because I'm the boss.

Thread Information