[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Obama skips out on Intel briefing 4 out of 7 days a week

  1. #1

    Obama skips out on Intel briefing 4 out of 7 days a week

    President Barack Obama has skipped his in-person daily intelligence briefing on four out of every seven days of his presidency, according to a shocking report released Tuesday.

    The Government Accountability Institute, previously best-known for needling members of Congress over insider-trading deals that lax laws have rendered legal, used the official White House calendar to compile a list of the days when Obama wasn't scheduled to receive a briefing.

    The resulting numbers showed that he only attended the Presidential Daily Brief 42.1 per cent of the time.

    The personal disconnect between the Oval Office and the intelligence community has been a sore spot for the military, the CIA and the National Security Agency since early in the Obama presidency.

    Those tensions came to a head on Sunday, when the president blamed Director of National Intelligence James Clapper for failing to foresee the ISIS terror army's rise to power.

    ABC News reported in 2012 that the president often prefers to receive his daily briefing in writing, and reads it on his iPad.

    An Obama administration national security aide confirmed this to MailOnline on Monday.
    'It's pretty well-known that the president hasnít taken in-person intelligence briefings with any regularity since the early days of 2009,' the aide said. 'He gets them in writing.'

    The resulting picture is one of a solitary chief executive consuming his intelligence briefs in a vacuum instead of engaging in two-way conversations with generals and spymasters.

    Responses from the intel community were both fast and furious.

    'Either the president doesnít read the intelligence heís getting or heís bulls***ting,' a former senior Pentagon official told the Daily Beast.

    The national security aide who spoke to MailOnline said that 'unless someone very senior has been shredding the president's daily briefings and telling him that the dog ate them, highly accurate predictions about ISIL (also called ISIS) have been showing up in the Oval Office since before the 2012 election.'

    'We were seeing specific threat assessments' from the intelligence community,' the staffer said, 'and many of them have panned out exactly as we were told they would.'



    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... fings.html

  2. #2

    Re: Obama skips out on Intel briefing 4 out of 7 days a week

    How often did W, Clinton, and HW skip briefings? I'm asking now because the sheeple will be bringing that to our attention shortly.

  3. #3

    Re: Obama skips out on Intel briefing 4 out of 7 days a week

    Quote Originally Posted by finance85
    How often did W, Clinton, and HW skip briefings? I'm asking now because the sheeple will be bringing that to our attention shortly.
    It says right there in the article that he gets his briefings in writing, which Clinton preferred as well as Reagan. In fact, if you apply the same rules to Reagan, he wound up skipping 99 percent of the time. Factcheckers have already blown up this story as being bogus.

  4. #4

    Re: Obama skips out on Intel briefing 4 out of 7 days a week

    Quote Originally Posted by Huey Grey
    Quote Originally Posted by finance85
    How often did W, Clinton, and HW skip briefings? I'm asking now because the sheeple will be bringing that to our attention shortly.
    It says right there in the article that he gets his briefings in writing, which Clinton preferred as well as Reagan. In fact, if you apply the same rules to Reagan, he wound up skipping 99 percent of the time. Factcheckers have already blown up this story as being bogus.
    The question wasn't answered, but you didn't disappoint, right there on cue. You should really apply for a job with the White House as a press secretary.

  5. #5

    Re: Obama skips out on Intel briefing 4 out of 7 days a week

    Quote Originally Posted by finance85
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey Grey
    Quote Originally Posted by finance85
    How often did W, Clinton, and HW skip briefings? I'm asking now because the sheeple will be bringing that to our attention shortly.
    It says right there in the article that he gets his briefings in writing, which Clinton preferred as well as Reagan. In fact, if you apply the same rules to Reagan, he wound up skipping 99 percent of the time. Factcheckers have already blown up this story as being bogus.
    The question wasn't answered, but you didn't disappoint, right there on cue. You should really apply for a job with the White House as a press secretary.
    God, you're effing dumb. Even when proven wrong, you still roll out with a stupid post like this.

  6. #6

    Re: Obama skips out on Intel briefing 4 out of 7 days a week

    Quote Originally Posted by finance85
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey Grey
    Quote Originally Posted by finance85
    How often did W, Clinton, and HW skip briefings? I'm asking now because the sheeple will be bringing that to our attention shortly.
    It says right there in the article that he gets his briefings in writing, which Clinton preferred as well as Reagan. In fact, if you apply the same rules to Reagan, he wound up skipping 99 percent of the time. Factcheckers have already blown up this story as being bogus.
    The question wasn't answered, but you didn't disappoint, right there on cue. You should really apply for a job with the White House as a press secretary.
    He actually answered it just fine, old chap. Your idol, the Gipper, did the same thing almost all the time. And how exactly does asking valid questions make one a sheeperson? Maybe you have to frame things like that when you don't have a leg to stand on.
    You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

  7. #7

    Re: Obama skips out on Intel briefing 4 out of 7 days a week

    In fairness (and we always want to be fair in the Obama economy) Barry was lazer focused on making sure the ObamaCare web site was running properly. He didn't have time to worry about the rise of the JV team in Syria and Iraq.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Home of the Syrupmakers
    Posts
    10,825

    Re: Obama skips out on Intel briefing 4 out of 7 days a week

    Good to See you JGN ....

    Been missing your post.

    and LOL @ Huey, calling Finance "dumb"

    He has done nothing but OWN you dude.

  9. #9

    Re: Obama skips out on Intel briefing 4 out of 7 days a week

    Quote Originally Posted by Huey Grey
    Quote Originally Posted by finance85
    How often did W, Clinton, and HW skip briefings? I'm asking now because the sheeple will be bringing that to our attention shortly.
    It says right there in the article that he gets his briefings in writing, which Clinton preferred as well as Reagan. In fact, if you apply the same rules to Reagan, he wound up skipping 99 percent of the time. Factcheckers have already blown up this story as being bogus.

    Reagan wasn't a war President and neither was Clinton (although he launched the hell out of cruise missiles when he wasn't getting a hummer from Monica) Aside from Lebanon and the stupidity of the dead one (Khadaffi), there wasn't much that was on Reagan's plate unlike the ONE who has bombed more countries than even Bush at the height of two wars.

  10. #10

    Re: Obama skips out on Intel briefing 4 out of 7 days a week

    [quote=Huey Grey]
    Quote Originally Posted by finance85
    Quote Originally Posted by "Huey Grey":xlzs6m0j
    Quote Originally Posted by finance85
    How often did W, Clinton, and HW skip briefings? I'm asking now because the sheeple will be bringing that to our attention shortly.
    It says right there in the article that he gets his briefings in writing, which Clinton preferred as well as Reagan. In fact, if you apply the same rules to Reagan, he wound up skipping 99 percent of the time. Factcheckers have already blown up this story as being bogus.
    The question wasn't answered, but you didn't disappoint, right there on cue. You should really apply for a job with the White House as a press secretary.
    God, you're effing dumb. Even when proven wrong, you still roll out with a stupid post like this.[/quote:xlzs6m0j]

    What was I proven wrong about? I asked a question. I asked a question that you didn't answer. I asked a question that you responded to with an answer that wasn't related to the question. You're saying I'm dumb? That's funny.

  11. #11

    Re: Obama skips out on Intel briefing 4 out of 7 days a week

    Second recent thread where 85 rolls out a dense nonsensical half irrelevant and half wrong comment, then wants to carry on for the rest of the thread about how subtle and misunderstood his original non-sequitur was.

    Answer me this: How many times did Reagan wear a tan suit while reading NSC briefings?

  12. #12

    Re: Obama skips out on Intel briefing 4 out of 7 days a week

    I can understanding not engaging in face-to-face meetings because they often regurgitate what is in the report and not beneficial. However, here, it seems that there has been communication errors; therefore, the president should consider meeting with his intelligence staffers to correct the problem.

  13. #13

    Re: Obama skips out on Intel briefing 4 out of 7 days a week

    Quote Originally Posted by Fijimn
    I can understanding not engaging in face-to-face meetings because they often regurgitate what is in the report and not beneficial. However, here, it seems that there has been communication errors; therefore, the president should consider meeting with his intelligence staffers to correct the problem.
    This^

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Home of the Syrupmakers
    Posts
    10,825

    Re: Obama skips out on Intel briefing 4 out of 7 days a week

    Quote Originally Posted by wordjazz
    Second recent thread where 85 rolls out a dense nonsensical half irrelevant and half wrong comment, then wants to carry on for the rest of the thread about how subtle and misunderstood his original non-sequitur was.

    Answer me this: How many times did Reagan wear a tan suit while reading NSC briefings?

    Damn those drugs are tasty huh ****....

  15. #15

    Re: Obama skips out on Intel briefing 4 out of 7 days a week

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacedog
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey Grey
    Quote Originally Posted by finance85
    How often did W, Clinton, and HW skip briefings? I'm asking now because the sheeple will be bringing that to our attention shortly.
    It says right there in the article that he gets his briefings in writing, which Clinton preferred as well as Reagan. In fact, if you apply the same rules to Reagan, he wound up skipping 99 percent of the time. Factcheckers have already blown up this story as being bogus.

    Reagan wasn't a war President and neither was Clinton (although he launched the hell out of cruise missiles when he wasn't getting a hummer from Monica) Aside from Lebanon and the stupidity of the dead one (Khadaffi), there wasn't much that was on Reagan's plate unlike the ONE who has bombed more countries than even Bush at the height of two wars.
    And now the goalposts start moving. Reagan reading his daily intels? Good. Obama doing the same exact thing? Bad. Get over yourself. Many presidents have done this. It's more than an acceptable way to get your briefings.

  16. #16

    Re: Obama skips out on Intel briefing 4 out of 7 days a week

    Reagan wasn't a war president? He conducted illegal wars and funding in central and south america for most of his presidency. The infasion of Grenada was a front to get personnel into Panama. Further, he had no problem allowing crack to enter the inner city in exchange for a war against socialsit regimes (read Gary Webb's articles).

  17. #17

    Re: Obama skips out on Intel briefing 4 out of 7 days a week

    [quote=finance85]
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey Grey
    Quote Originally Posted by finance85
    Quote Originally Posted by "Huey Grey":3dh27lou
    Quote Originally Posted by finance85
    How often did W, Clinton, and HW skip briefings? I'm asking now because the sheeple will be bringing that to our attention shortly.
    It says right there in the article that he gets his briefings in writing, which Clinton preferred as well as Reagan. In fact, if you apply the same rules to Reagan, he wound up skipping 99 percent of the time. Factcheckers have already blown up this story as being bogus.
    The question wasn't answered, but you didn't disappoint, right there on cue. You should really apply for a job with the White House as a press secretary.
    God, you're effing dumb. Even when proven wrong, you still roll out with a stupid post like this.
    What was I proven wrong about? I asked a question. I asked a question that you didn't answer. I asked a question that you responded to with an answer that wasn't related to the question. You're saying I'm dumb? That's funny.[/quote:3dh27lou]
    I'll say it again. You're effing dumb. Receiving briefings in writing is not only acceptable. It's actually the norm. Most Presidents used this style. You just choose to ignore this information.

  18. #18

    Re: Obama skips out on Intel briefing 4 out of 7 days a week

    [quote=Huey Grey][quote=finance85]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Huey Grey":1rdrfaxv
    Quote Originally Posted by finance85
    Quote Originally Posted by "Huey Grey":1rdrfaxv
    Quote Originally Posted by finance85
    How often did W, Clinton, and HW skip briefings? I'm asking now because the sheeple will be bringing that to our attention shortly.
    It says right there in the article that he gets his briefings in writing, which Clinton preferred as well as Reagan. In fact, if you apply the same rules to Reagan, he wound up skipping 99 percent of the time. Factcheckers have already blown up this story as being bogus.
    The question wasn't answered, but you didn't disappoint, right there on cue. You should really apply for a job with the White House as a press secretary.
    God, you're effing dumb. Even when proven wrong, you still roll out with a stupid post like this.
    What was I proven wrong about? I asked a question. I asked a question that you didn't answer. I asked a question that you responded to with an answer that wasn't related to the question. You're saying I'm dumb? That's funny.[/quote:1rdrfaxv]
    I'll say it again. You're effing dumb. Receiving briefings in writing is not only acceptable. It's actually the norm. Most Presidents used this style. You just choose to ignore this information.[/quote:1rdrfaxv]

    I never said it wasn't acceptable. I never even commented on Obama's numbers. I simply asked how often other presidents attended meetings, for comparison purposes. I didn't ignore anything. I guess using me for a strawman is preferable to simply arguing with yourself. Perhaps you should create an alter ego to make it easier on yourself. You can also win a few that way.

  19. #19

    Re: Obama skips out on Intel briefing 4 out of 7 days a week

    [quote=finance85][quote=Huey Grey]
    Quote Originally Posted by finance85
    Quote Originally Posted by "Huey Grey":3rict920
    Quote Originally Posted by finance85
    Quote Originally Posted by "Huey Grey":3rict920
    Quote Originally Posted by finance85
    How often did W, Clinton, and HW skip briefings? I'm asking now because the sheeple will be bringing that to our attention shortly.
    It says right there in the article that he gets his briefings in writing, which Clinton preferred as well as Reagan. In fact, if you apply the same rules to Reagan, he wound up skipping 99 percent of the time. Factcheckers have already blown up this story as being bogus.
    The question wasn't answered, but you didn't disappoint, right there on cue. You should really apply for a job with the White House as a press secretary.
    God, you're effing dumb. Even when proven wrong, you still roll out with a stupid post like this.
    What was I proven wrong about? I asked a question. I asked a question that you didn't answer. I asked a question that you responded to with an answer that wasn't related to the question. You're saying I'm dumb? That's funny.
    I'll say it again. You're effing dumb. Receiving briefings in writing is not only acceptable. It's actually the norm. Most Presidents used this style. You just choose to ignore this information.[/quote:3rict920]

    I never said it wasn't acceptable. I never even commented on Obama's numbers. I simply asked how often other presidents attended meetings, for comparison purposes. I didn't ignore anything. I guess using me for a strawman is preferable to simply arguing with yourself. Perhaps you should create an alter ego to make it easier on yourself. You can also win a few that way.[/quote:3rict920]
    And I answered your question in my very first post. You just wanted to be a dumbass and ignore it. Reagan did it almost 100% of the time and Clinton did a lot too. God, you're effing dumb.

  20. #20

    Re: Obama skips out on Intel briefing 4 out of 7 days a week

    [quote=Huey Grey][quote=finance85][quote="Huey Grey":zlez1bzi]
    Quote Originally Posted by finance85
    Quote Originally Posted by "Huey Grey":zlez1bzi
    Quote Originally Posted by finance85
    Quote Originally Posted by "Huey Grey":zlez1bzi
    Quote Originally Posted by finance85
    How often did W, Clinton, and HW skip briefings? I'm asking now because the sheeple will be bringing that to our attention shortly.
    It says right there in the article that he gets his briefings in writing, which Clinton preferred as well as Reagan. In fact, if you apply the same rules to Reagan, he wound up skipping 99 percent of the time. Factcheckers have already blown up this story as being bogus.
    The question wasn't answered, but you didn't disappoint, right there on cue. You should really apply for a job with the White House as a press secretary.
    God, you're effing dumb. Even when proven wrong, you still roll out with a stupid post like this.
    What was I proven wrong about? I asked a question. I asked a question that you didn't answer. I asked a question that you responded to with an answer that wasn't related to the question. You're saying I'm dumb? That's funny.
    I'll say it again. You're effing dumb. Receiving briefings in writing is not only acceptable. It's actually the norm. Most Presidents used this style. You just choose to ignore this information.[/quote:zlez1bzi]

    I never said it wasn't acceptable. I never even commented on Obama's numbers. I simply asked how often other presidents attended meetings, for comparison purposes. I didn't ignore anything. I guess using me for a strawman is preferable to simply arguing with yourself. Perhaps you should create an alter ego to make it easier on yourself. You can also win a few that way.[/quote:zlez1bzi]
    And I answered your question in my very first post. You just wanted to be a dumbass and ignore it. Reagan did it almost 100% of the time and Clinton did a lot too. God, you're effing dumb.[/quote:zlez1bzi]

    Please point out where I asked about Reagan. I've reviewed my post and don't see that. I asked about others after Reagan, but don't see any stats about how often they attended briefings. I'm fairly certain all presidents get a written report every day, but that wasn't the question I asked.

    Gosh, it's a good thing we have threads here, so I can keep track of what I really wrote. A couple of you guys have convinced me that we can't have the death penalty anymore because even eyewitness testimony and catching the criminal in the act is faulty evidence.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Copyright © 2013 www.BigDelivery.com - All Rights Reserved - Copyright © 2014 www.TheDailyNole.com - All Rights Reserved
This website is an independently operated source of news and information not affiliated with any school or team.
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO