[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Thread: Washington Post = Racist

Washington Post = Racist

Headline to the Post article about Julian Castro being recruited by Clinton and having lunch is "need more fajitas." SMh...

Really, don't think it is racists...jsut the headline edtor tryign to be silly. But I never undersant why you white people love fajitas so much...it's all we have when lunch is ordered for meetings.

http://www.chron.com/news/local/article ... 700732.php

Re: Washington Post = Racist

Castro was born in San Antonio. Fajitas...Tex Mex...not sure what the problem is???

I think your second comment is actually the racist one.

FYI - I know you're joking.

Presumably, had Julian Castro actually been name John Carol from Westlake, Texas there would have been no reference to needing more Mexican food. The articles editor made the reference to needing fajitas because of Julian have mexican heritage not because of the connection between Texas and tex-mex. Of course, whether fajitas actually came from Texas is questionable.

Maybe Julian's favorite food is fajitas?

Possible. His favorite food could also be a bowl of pappardelle with wild boar ragu or steak frites...you, me and the headline editor at the Washington Post don't know what his favorite food is and that headline was not written because Castro may like fajitas...it was written because he's hispanic.

It's not racism. it is just silly stereotyping.

Thread Information