[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Thread: Michelle Bachmann says gay marriage "not an issue, boring."

Michelle Bachmann says gay marriage "not an issue, boring."

Sounds like sour grapes, especially coming from someone like her.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5890646.html
    You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Re: Michelle Bachmann says gay marriage "not an issue, borin

It shouldn't be the main issue. Its the economy, stupid.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

Yep, but with the democrats the economy was second to any and every social issue that they could push to the front of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by NoleGrad83
    It shouldn't be the main issue. Its the economy, stupid.
    A bad economy doesn't mean that you can ignore equal rights.
    I am going to tear down your safe space
    Brick by brick I shall smash it with glee
    You cannot stop me from getting inside
    I am cold and I am hard and my name is 'Reality'

I didn't say it should be ignored. It just shouldn't the main issue. You did see that correctly, right?

Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

Sounds to me like the social conservatives read the polling numbers on gay marriage and decided to call it a day.

I'm sure their evangelical constituents are pleased as punch for the GOP surrender on the issue not more than 10 years after getting many states to pass unconstitutional definitions of marriage.

And the battered wives of politics bend over for another whuppin. I'm sure they'll ask for another in no time.

Yeah, and I don't understand why there has to be a "main issue". How are you going to fix the economy anyway? The Republicans are just as much to blame for it as the Democrats, and the last time I checked there were only Republicans and Democrats in Congress. So...who's going to fix it?
    I am going to tear down your safe space
    Brick by brick I shall smash it with glee
    You cannot stop me from getting inside
    I am cold and I am hard and my name is 'Reality'

There has to be a "main" social issue on the right because the GOP Establishment does not believe the evangelicals will come out to vote if the party isn't screaming about abortion, gay marriage, etc...

That's what happens when you make the religious loons the base of the party. Once you wake the beast you have to feed it.

Quote Originally Posted by NoleSoup4U
    Yeah, and I don't understand why there has to be a "main issue". How are you going to fix the economy anyway? The Republicans are just as much to blame for it as the Democrats, and the last time I checked there were only Republicans and Democrats in Congress. So...who's going to fix it?

I throw equal blame to the republicans for the mess we're in for allowing a lot of it to happen. My contention has always been they'll drive the country over the cliff but at a slower pace than the dems. Doesn't help the country out too much because sound ideas that are offered are usually met with much resistance from both sides and usually drowned out in a cacophony of noise from the media.

Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

Quote Originally Posted by NoleGrad83
    Quote Originally Posted by NoleSoup4U

I throw equal blame to the republicans for the mess we're in for allowing a lot of it to happen. My contention has always been they'll drive the country over the cliff but at a slower pace than the dems. Doesn't help the country out too much because sound ideas that are offered are usually met with much resistance from both sides and usually drowned out in a cacophony of noise from the media.
    It's because of this notion that we must always compromise, that compromise is good. W compromised on spending and Fannie / Freddie so he could wage war on Iraq. The Dems are really good at compromise because they usually get what they want anyway, at very little political cost.

She thought the issue was important enough to -according to her - introduce and carry a marriage amendment in Minnesota (which failed). No doubt that the writing is on the wall, however, and the political advantage that came with being against gay marriage is increasingly becoming a liability. No surprise that she doesn't want to focus on it now.

Thread Information