[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Thread: Brady Hoke or Will Muschamp

Brady Hoke or Will Muschamp

Who has done the most damage to their program?

Re: Brady Hoke or Will Muschamp

Neither...both schools are loaded with tradition, $$$ and other necessary resources, and can quickly rebuild if they make the correct hire.

TC seems most thought the same about other programs. Miami is one of the biggest that has had its program at back at least a decade by its bad hire.

Nebraska is another this is a team that was very dominate but then fell off the radar.

Michigan and florida will likely take years to recover due to these poor coaching choices and I believe it has hurt Michigan more as Florida is in a better recruiting territory.

Miami has no money. They have a natural recruiting base which they will once again harvest when they get a president who is interested in winning football games. Their problem will always be $$$ and keeping a winning coach.

Nebraska has no recruiting base and Michigan doesn't have one either. However both have money and tradition so a decent coach can rebuild and win there and it won't take anywhere near 10 years.

TC_Nole has it right. Jeep is engaging in wishful thinking
    It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.- Richard P. Feynman.

Republics decline into democracies, and democracies degenerate into despotism. - Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by MJWilliamson
    Who does UF actually think they could bring in that could turn it around. For the most part UF had made as many poor hires as decent hires. The odds are just as good that they hire another ron Zook as to another urban Meyer.

One more bad hire and they could be set back for the next decade and that is a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by FSU_Jeep
    Who does UF actually think they could bring in that could turn it around. For the most part UF had made as many poor hires as decent hires. The odds are just as good that they hire another ron Zook as to another urban Meyer.

One more bad hire and they could be set back for the next decade and that is a fact.
    I just know this; Florida has won three national titles with two different coaches.
    It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.- Richard P. Feynman.

Republics decline into democracies, and democracies degenerate into despotism. - Aristotle

I just know this; Florida has won three national titles with two different coaches.
    funny fsu has the same stat but with only 2 coaches over the last 3 decades.

I just don't get why florida kept him after last season. If you let him go then you could have hired strong or franklin. I'm not sure who is out there this year besides maybe Kirby Smart.

You're forgetting the talent already in Gainesville. No one who seriously follows college football thinks UF doesn't have players, including young ones. "Turning it around" does not include restocking the cupboard.

Quote Originally Posted by TC_Nole_OX
    Miami has no money. They have a natural recruiting base which they will once again harvest when they get a president who is interested in winning football games. Their problem will always be $$$ and keeping a winning coach.

Nebraska has no recruiting base and Michigan doesn't have one either. However both have money and tradition so a decent coach can rebuild and win there and it won't take anywhere near 10 years.
    Pretty much agreed. A great coach/recruiter and they will be back in business.
    Just a puppy kicking, children starving, grandma shoving, kitten throwing, evil, vile, nasty, disgusting, racist, sexist, bigot.....or so I've been told. :)

They should go after Terry Bowden.

[quote=FSU_Jeep]
    Quote Originally Posted by "FSU_Jeep":2w3zdf2l

funny fsu has the same stat but with only 2 coaches over the last 3 decades.[/quote:2w3zdf2l]

Exactly so. So, did Bowden "destroy" FSU in the 00s?

No

Muschamp will get fired after this year. We will hire a great coach.

Quote Originally Posted by PYnole
    I just don't get why florida kept him after last season. If you let him go then you could have hired strong or franklin. I'm not sure who is out there this year besides maybe Kirby Smart.
    I look at what Kevin Sumlin has done at TAM and weep.

[quote=MJWilliamson]
    Quote Originally Posted by "FSU_Jeep":3kfbn0dd

No

Muschamp will get fired after this year. We will hire a great coach.[/quote:3kfbn0dd]

Bowden never had a losing season in the 00's. He also won multiple conference titles and played in bcs bowls.

Also there was no losses to div 2 schools.

Really it isn't comparable.

[quote=FSU_Jeep][quote=MJWilliamson]
    Quote Originally Posted by "FSU_Jeep":1qpf2r9j
    Quote Originally Posted by "FSU_Jeep":1qpf2r9j

No

Muschamp will get fired after this year. We will hire a great coach.[/quote:1qpf2r9j]

Bowden never had a losing season in the 00's. He also won multiple conference titles and played in bcs bowls.

Also there was no losses to div 2 schools.

Really it isn't comparable.[/quote:1qpf2r9j]

Played in the ACC.

Really it isn't comparable.
    Click you heels and repeat that to yourself three times, Dorthy. I am sure it will come true.

More honest thread title should be "I want to start a petty argument with the resident gator" Jeep.

Jeep like to pull pigtails.

But to the original question it's Hoke. UF made the proper decision by not canning Mushchamp after last year. Sure 4-8 was a debacle but UF had monumental injuries last year including not getting to see Driskel's true colors (that he sucks) due to his. So considering that Mushchamp did a good job of having the young team over achieve in 2012 plus the injuries it was a prudent move to keep him on. In fact they HAD to in order to not show future prospective coaches that the powers were not of the knee jerk variety.

Hoke is brutal and I guess UM(Mich) sees no value in dropping him mid season. But the guy HAS lost the team. With all of that said BOTH jobs are among the very best in the nation and they will be able to get whomever they want to at least listen. This head coach hiring thing is tough stuff. An assistant who looks genius may not be a great HC (Kiffen). A smaller school guy may not be able to run with big dogs.
    Smart is everyone's next "hot girl" so there will be lots of competition to hire him. But it wouldn't surprise me to see these teams go after Jimbo. And frankly.....if FSU does stupid ****....like over ruling his judgement as they did in the 11th hour "Full game for jameis" fiasco I could see him moving to a premier school in the future. In fact with these bozos at the helm of FSU these days I wouldn't blame him. So it wouldn't surprise me to look back in five years and think "Why the **** did FSU take a meteoric rise and auger it right down into the ground?"

Thread Information