[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification


Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 87

Thread: SEC perception after today

  1. #1
    Administrator FSU_Jeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Tallahassee Florida
    Posts
    2,091

    SEC perception after today

    #12 Georgia was taken to the wire by unranked Tennessee. 35-32

    #6 Texas A&M was taken to overtime by unranked Arkansas. 35-28

    #10 Ole miss score currently 7-3 vs unranked Memphis in the 3rd qtr.

    Are all the SEC teams really deserving of their ranking or is it a product of the few good SEC teams that have won recent titles.

  2. #2

    Re: SEC perception after today

    Speaking of teams that may not deserve their ranking ......... nevermind.

  3. #3

    Re: SEC perception after today

    Quote Originally Posted by wordjazz
    Speaking of teams that may not deserve their ranking ......... nevermind.
    After than performance by FSU today, he is just trolling.
    It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.- Richard P. Feynman.

    Republics decline into democracies, and democracies degenerate into despotism. - Aristotle

  4. #4
    Administrator FSU_Jeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Tallahassee Florida
    Posts
    2,091

    Re: SEC perception after today

    Quote Originally Posted by MJWilliamson
    Quote Originally Posted by wordjazz
    Speaking of teams that may not deserve their ranking ......... nevermind.
    After than performance by FSU today, he is just trolling.
    When was the last time UF beat an FBS team by 15 points?

    I have already let me thoughts be heard on FSU's performance today.

  5. #5

    Re: SEC perception after today

    Quote Originally Posted by FSU_Jeep
    Quote Originally Posted by MJWilliamson
    Quote Originally Posted by wordjazz
    Speaking of teams that may not deserve their ranking ......... nevermind.
    After than performance by FSU today, he is just trolling.
    When was the last time UF beat an FBS team by 15 points?

    I have already let me thoughts be heard on FSU's performance today.
    I thought we were talking about FSU and about the SEC teams that were playing today?

    Your team does not have a NC defense or a NC running game.
    It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.- Richard P. Feynman.

    Republics decline into democracies, and democracies degenerate into despotism. - Aristotle

  6. #6
    Administrator FSU_Jeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Tallahassee Florida
    Posts
    2,091

    Re: SEC perception after today

    #13 South Carolina falls to unranked Missouri.

  7. #7
    Administrator FSU_Jeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Tallahassee Florida
    Posts
    2,091

    Re: SEC perception after today

    Quote Originally Posted by MJWilliamson
    Quote Originally Posted by FSU_Jeep
    Quote Originally Posted by MJWilliamson
    Quote Originally Posted by wordjazz
    Speaking of teams that may not deserve their ranking ......... nevermind.
    After than performance by FSU today, he is just trolling.
    When was the last time UF beat an FBS team by 15 points?

    I have already let me thoughts be heard on FSU's performance today.
    I thought we were talking about FSU and about the SEC teams that were playing today?

    Your team does not have a NC defense or a NC running game.
    It is looking more AND more like the SEC might not contain an NC caliber team if that is the requirements either.

  8. #8

    Re: SEC perception after today

    Quote Originally Posted by MJWilliamson
    Quote Originally Posted by FSU_Jeep
    Quote Originally Posted by MJWilliamson
    Quote Originally Posted by wordjazz
    Speaking of teams that may not deserve their ranking ......... nevermind.
    After than performance by FSU today, he is just trolling.
    When was the last time UF beat an FBS team by 15 points?

    I have already let me thoughts be heard on FSU's performance today.
    I thought we were talking about FSU and about the SEC teams that were playing today?

    Your team does not have a NC defense or a NC running game.
    FSU doesn't look great, but neither does anyone in the SEC.
    I am going to tear down your safe space
    Brick by brick I shall smash it with glee
    You cannot stop me from getting inside
    I am cold and I am hard and my name is 'Reality'

  9. #9

    Re: SEC perception after today

    Our defense and running game improved as the day went on. I don't understand the poor tackling. I know we are very inexperienced on defense but I am not sure if that is the cause, or if it is poor coaching, or both.

  10. #10

    Re: SEC perception after today

    For all the *****ing about sec rankings among fsu fans, no one seems to notice that early rankings - which have their own inertia as the season drags on - are bets on the end of the season and therefore weigh strength of schedule in favor of those with weak ones along with how good the team is. If FSU played in the SEC it is unlikely you would have enjoyed the high early rankings of the last 3 years.

  11. #11
    Administrator FSU_Jeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Tallahassee Florida
    Posts
    2,091

    Re: SEC perception after today

    Quote Originally Posted by wordjazz
    For all the *****ing about sec rankings among fsu fans, no one seems to notice that early rankings - which have their own inertia as the season drags on - are bets on the end of the season and therefore weigh strength of schedule in favor of those with weak ones along with how good the team is. If FSU played in the SEC it is unlikely you would have enjoyed the high early rankings of the last 3 years.
    Unless they were in the east?

    Only one team lost to am unranked team this weekend. That ranked team was from the SEC.

    Perception is the sec is strong however it is looking like any other year where the sec has one or two decent teams and the rest where over rated from the start of the year.

    Nc st will remain unranked at 4-1 with their only loss to #1 team while USCe will likely remain ranked with 2-2 record and those losses coming from number 23 ranked team and a unranked team.

  12. #12

    Re: SEC perception after today

    Quote Originally Posted by FSU_Jeep

    It is looking more AND more like the SEC might not contain an NC caliber team if that is the requirements either.
    Perhaps. But I am pretty sure about one thing. A one loss SEC champion WILL get into the playoff. The same cannot be said for a one loss ACC Champion.

    BTW; The SEC has two top ten defenses in the nation, based on yardage. If we go by scoring, the SEC has three top ten teams in the nation.

    So based on the stats, I am not sure I buy your premise.
    It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.- Richard P. Feynman.

    Republics decline into democracies, and democracies degenerate into despotism. - Aristotle

  13. #13

    Re: SEC perception after today

    Quote Originally Posted by TC_Nole_OX
    Our defense and running game improved as the day went on. I don't understand the poor tackling. I know we are very inexperienced on defense but I am not sure if that is the cause, or if it is poor coaching, or both.
    Do you think your team misses Pruitt more than you can know?
    It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.- Richard P. Feynman.

    Republics decline into democracies, and democracies degenerate into despotism. - Aristotle

  14. #14
    Administrator FSU_Jeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Tallahassee Florida
    Posts
    2,091

    Re: SEC perception after today

    Quote Originally Posted by MJWilliamson
    Quote Originally Posted by TC_Nole_OX
    Our defense and running game improved as the day went on. I don't understand the poor tackling. I know we are very inexperienced on defense but I am not sure if that is the cause, or if it is poor coaching, or both.
    Do you think your team misses Pruitt more than you can know?
    I don't think it is as much that we miss Pruitt since he was only around for a year as it is more we are just lacking a defensive constancy from having 3 different dc's in as many years.

  15. #15

    Re: SEC perception after today

    Quote Originally Posted by FSU_Jeep
    Quote Originally Posted by wordjazz
    For all the *****ing about sec rankings among fsu fans, no one seems to notice that early rankings - which have their own inertia as the season drags on - are bets on the end of the season and therefore weigh strength of schedule in favor of those with weak ones along with how good the team is. If FSU played in the SEC it is unlikely you would have enjoyed the high early rankings of the last 3 years.
    Unless they were in the east?

    Only one team lost to am unranked team this weekend. That ranked team was from the SEC.

    Perception is the sec is strong however it is looking like any other year where the sec has one or two decent teams and the rest where over rated from the start of the year.

    Nc st will remain unranked at 4-1 with their only loss to #1 team while USCe will likely remain ranked with 2-2 record and those losses coming from number 23 ranked team and a unranked team.

    Dude, the SEC is the toughest conference in the US and the stats clearly show that. The ACC is one of the weakest and the stats show that. The unlikelyhood of your losing to one of the ACC teams boosts your early n seaSon rankings as prognosticators try to pick who will be highly ranked at the end of the year, not necessarily who has the best personnel and coaching staff. Quit notching.

  16. #16
    Administrator FSU_Jeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Tallahassee Florida
    Posts
    2,091

    Re: SEC perception after today

    Quote Originally Posted by wordjazz
    Quote Originally Posted by FSU_Jeep
    Quote Originally Posted by wordjazz
    For all the *****ing about sec rankings among fsu fans, no one seems to notice that early rankings - which have their own inertia as the season drags on - are bets on the end of the season and therefore weigh strength of schedule in favor of those with weak ones along with how good the team is. If FSU played in the SEC it is unlikely you would have enjoyed the high early rankings of the last 3 years.
    Unless they were in the east?

    Only one team lost to am unranked team this weekend. That ranked team was from the SEC.

    Perception is the sec is strong however it is looking like any other year where the sec has one or two decent teams and the rest where over rated from the start of the year.

    Nc st will remain unranked at 4-1 with their only loss to #1 team while USCe will likely remain ranked with 2-2 record and those losses coming from number 23 ranked team and a unranked team.

    Dude, the SEC is the toughest conference in the US and the stats clearly show that. The ACC is one of the weakest and the stats show that. The unlikelyhood of your losing to one of the ACC teams boosts your early n seaSon rankings as prognosticators try to pick who will be highly ranked at the end of the year, not necessarily who has the best personnel and coaching staff. Quit notching.

    See that is the difference in perception and reality.

  17. #17

    Re: SEC perception after today

    [quote=FSU_Jeep]
    Quote Originally Posted by MJWilliamson
    Quote Originally Posted by "TC_Nole_OX":1k2hecqv
    Our defense and running game improved as the day went on. I don't understand the poor tackling. I know we are very inexperienced on defense but I am not sure if that is the cause, or if it is poor coaching, or both.
    Do you think your team misses Pruitt more than you can know?
    I don't think it is as much that we miss Pruitt since he was only around for a year as it is more we are just lacking a defensive constancy from having 3 different dc's in as many years.[/quote:1k2hecqv]

    This and the defense is very young and lost most of the leadership from last year. At least they improved as the game went on yesterday.
    You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

  18. #18

    Re: SEC perception after today

    Quote Originally Posted by wordjazz
    Dude, the SEC is the toughest conference in the US and the stats clearly show that.
    No, the stats don't show that. Now that the cupcakes are over with, the SEC is showing that most teams aren't that good.
    Just a puppy kicking, children starving, grandma shoving, kitten throwing, evil, vile, nasty, disgusting, racist, sexist, bigot.....or so I've been told. :)

  19. #19

    Re: SEC perception after today

    "1. Seven Straight National Titles

    Florida Stateís big win over Auburn was impressive, but it didnít magically erase the SECís unprecedented string of seven straight national titles. Such an incredible streak likely wonít be matched, and it shouldnít be forgotten any time soon.

    While raising the crystal football is certainly a difficult feat, merely reaching the national title game is an accomplishment worthy of recognition. In the last eight seasons, nine SEC teams have played for the national championship. Nine.

    2. Bowl Record

    Racking up national championships allows for potent ammunition regarding conference supremacy, but a look at overall conference bowl records makes for another compelling argument for the SEC.

    Despite the Auburn and Alabama losses, SEC teams still went 7-3 in bowl games this year, which was the best record of any BCS conference. The fact that the conference regularly sends nine or 10 teams to bowl games canít be overlooked either.

    3. NFL Draft

    Thereís not a better validation of football talent than being selected in the NFL draft. While the draft obviously canít be used to grade any particular SEC team, it does speak for the sheer amount of skill stockpiled in the conference.

    In the 2013 draft, 32 of the first 97 selections were SEC players. The league finished with 63 players drafted, shattering the record for most draftees from a single conference. These numbers are extremely difficult to argue against, and they offer significant insight into how the SECís players are viewed by expert talent evaluators at the gameís highest level.

    4. High School Recruiting

    Recruiting is not an exact science, and numerous highly ranked players donít pan out the way their high school ratings suggest. That being said, the SEC reels in top-rated classes at an astounding clip.

    According to Rivals.com, the SEC hauled in five of the top ten classes in 2013, as well as seven of the top 12, and eight of the top 16. Such an overall collection of talent for a single conference canít be scoffed at. The SEC consistently dominates on the recruiting front.

    5. Top 25 Rankings

    In the past few seasons, the rankings in weekly polls have begun to mirror the recruiting rankings: itís not uncommon to see five SEC teams ranked near the Top 10 at any given time.

    As a result, there is no shortage of important nationally-hyped showdowns between highly ranked SEC teams. Such games help place the conference in the national spotlight, which in turn helps recruiting. For the other major conferences, this makes for quite the vicious cycle.

    In the coming 2014 season, there will no doubt be claims that the SEC is down, or that some other conference has taken over college football. And just like in the recent past, those claims will be baseless.

    Conference supremacy isnít determined by one or two games. Bowl records, NFL talent and national titles should all be factored in.

    When applying all these factors to the current landscape of college football, it becomes increasingly apparent that the Southeastern Conference is second to none."


    Read more at http://gamedayr.com/lifestyle/random/re ... SglDFho.99

  20. #20

    Re: SEC perception after today

    If my team was in the ACC, I'd probably be pretty defensive about it too, as well as bored to tears during most of the regular season, but hopefully that wouldn't lead me to delusional thinking, like it has some on here.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Copyright © 2013 www.BigDelivery.com - All Rights Reserved - Copyright © 2014 www.TheDailyNole.com - All Rights Reserved
This website is an independently operated source of news and information not affiliated with any school or team.
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO