[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's not crazy for Mitt to run for president again.

It's not crazy for Mitt to run for president again.

Mitt Romney has effectively been running for president since his only successful election to a political office the Massachusetts governorship back in 2002. That's roughly a decade spent pursuing the White House. Now, a new report by the Washington Examiner's Byron York suggests Romney is seriously thinking of trying again.

Pundits are mocking the return of Romney's ambitions. But given how the Republican 2016 field is shaping up, where Romney's poll numbers are, and the advantages he brings as a former nominee, Romney 2016 isn't being taken as seriously as it deserves to be. Here are six reasons it makes sense for Romney to consider running again.

http://www.vox.com/2014/9/26/6843697...2016-explained
    You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Re: It's not crazy for Mitt to run for president again.

Mittney is a clueless fool who will never win. The only people more delusional than Romney are dullard republican voters who would vote for him.

Quote Originally Posted by TC_Nole_OX
    Mittney is a clueless fool who will never win. The only people more delusional than Romney are dullard republican voters who would vote for him.
    Republicans were certainly deluded thinking they had a chance, but who would do better for them this time?

It was the republicans that were deluded it was the country that was duped to think Obama was a worthy presidential candidate to begin with. Man has done nothing but send this country down the cropper. Chances are, any other candidate would have at least kept the country in the bowl before the eventual flush.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

Quote Originally Posted by NoleGrad83
    It was the republicans that were deluded it was the country that was duped to think Obama was a worthy presidential candidate to begin with. Man has done nothing but send this country down the cropper. Chances are, any other candidate would have at least kept the country in the bowl before the eventual flush.
    You asked me earlier about examples of you playing team
    politics as well as any one else. This is a perfect example. Thread has
    nothing to do with Obama but you have to chime and deflect with that crap.
    Can't just comment on the topic of Romney as a candidate yet again?

Again, anyone in the GOP that would grab a higher percentage of the national vote? Be more competitive in swing states? Let's see if you can do it without your Obama tourette acting up again.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne

I responded in a manner that answered his question. I also brought up that the republicans weren't helpful in keeping Obama from being elected. Sorry you can't see that government is the reason the country is going downhill.

Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

I responded in a manner that answered his question. I also brought up that the republicans weren't helpful in keeping Obama from being elected. Sorry you can't see that government is the reason the country is going downhill.
    You did nothing of the sort. I asked you if there were any specific candidates that could've done better, and you responded with your best bookernole/hannity impression. If you don't want to or are unable to answer fine, but don't pretend like you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribe92

You did nothing of the sort. I asked you if there were any specific candidates that could've done better, and you responded with your best bookernole/hannity impression. If you don't want to or are unable to answer fine, but don't pretend like you did.

Follow along with the responses in a correct order. I didn't respond to your 2nd request, but I was answering the post from the one. Its not hard to follow the flow if you read the responses I 'quoted'. Get your panties out of a bunch.

As for an answer to YOUR question, practically anyone could have done a better job than Obama, as he's shown to be pretty incompetent with most any issue that comes his way. I don't even know if you can say his golf game has adequately improved over the course of time.

Feel better now, Sparky?

Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

IMO, Mitt lost because of 2 things - he was too polite during his campaign, and he's Mormon. He let the Dems control the dialog, and a lot of bible thumpers stayed home.

Quote Originally Posted by finance85
    IMO, Mitt lost because of 2 things - he was too polite during his campaign, and he's Mormon. He let the Dems control the dialog, and a lot of bible thumpers stayed home.

This is false. It wasn't the evangelicals who stayed home - it was the libertarian/conservatives who would rather not vote than vote for a RINO.

He lost because he's a statist chode with no charisma. Their only chance to win was to back off the gay bashing and warmongering. People are tired of it and are walking away from the party. I was a registered Republican who walked away from the party. My father was a registered Republican that walked away from the party and voted for Obama. My best friend is a registered Republican who voted for Obama. People are walking away from the party. We're just tired of the bigots and warmongers. The party is dying a slow death.
    I am going to tear down your safe space
    Brick by brick I shall smash it with glee
    You cannot stop me from getting inside
    I am cold and I am hard and my name is 'Reality'

Quote Originally Posted by NoleSoup4U
    He lost because he's a statist chode with no charisma. Their only chance to win was to back off the gay bashing and warmongering. People are tired of it and are walking away from the party. I was a registered Republican who walked away from the party. My father was a registered Republican that walked away from the party and voted for Obama. My best friend is a registered Republican who voted for Obama. People are walking away from the party. We're just tired of the bigots and warmongers. The party is dying a slow death.
    Is there anyone that could've done better in 2012? Anyone that might do better this time?

Follow along with the responses in a correct order. I didn't respond to your 2nd request, but I was answering the post from the one. Its not hard to follow the flow if you read the responses I 'quoted'. Get your panties out of a bunch.

As for an answer to YOUR question, practically anyone could have done a better job than Obama, as he's shown to be pretty incompetent with most any issue that comes his way. I don't even know if you can say his golf game has adequately improved over the course of time.

Feel better now, Sparky?
    For the fourth time, I didn't ask you about Obama's job approval. Care to answer the question?

Feel better now, Sparky?
    For the fourth time, I didn't ask you about Obama's job approval. Care to answer the question?

Care to do a little reading AND comprehending?

Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

Is there anyone that could've done better in 2012? Anyone that might do better this time?
    Ron Paul.

Ron Paul.
    That would certainly be interesting, seeing a libertarian running on a major ticket in a national election. I do appreciate the libertarian impulse to let people go about their lives as they please. However, I think he would've scared off enough evangelicals/national security/Wall Street types that he wouldn't have been competitive. Would be interesting, though...

You didn't ask if he would have been elected. You asked who would have done a better job. With Ron Paul we wouldn't still be spending all this money on the empire. There would be no wars. There would have been no second part of TARP or the "Stimulus Package". We would still have the right to due process.

He couldn't have fixed everything. He would need help from a half-retarded Congress to do that, but he could have fixed or stopped completely a lot of our economic and civil liberty woes.

You didn't ask if he would have been elected. You asked who would have done a better job. With Ron Paul we wouldn't still be spending all this money on the empire. There would be no wars. There would have been no second part of TARP or the "Stimulus Package". We would still have the right to due process.

He couldn't have fixed everything. He would need help from a half-retarded Congress to do that, but he could have fixed or stopped completely a lot of our economic and civil liberty woes.
    This ^

Quote Originally Posted by finance85
    - he was too polite during his campaign
    I'm trying to assess this thinking about his debates and his ads. The debates, in the first ones he was fine. In the final one, possibly he took his foot off the gas. I think they thought they were in the lead at that point, and came up with some kind of "prevent defense" strategy, to not look offensive and to not turn off women voters at the last minute. I can't really recall the ads very well now, but I didn't think he was too soft in his ads at the time.

Also, don't underestimate the effect of the leaking of his 47% comments video. That was a pretty big blow....the dems ran some excellent ads off of that in Florida, featuring real life workers as part of the 47% that Mitt said he could not be bothered to worry about. Whatever the context in which he might have meant that, it was a devastating admission from someone the Dems were hoping to paint as only caring about the rich.

Thread Information