[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Thread: The new Left Behind movie (Rapture discussion)

The new Left Behind movie (Rapture discussion)

So coming out is the newest Left Behind movie (there was a straight-to-DVD movie a few years ago) starring Nicholas Cage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left_Behind_(2014_film)
    http://www.christiantoday.com/article/n ... /39385.htm
    https://www.facebook.com/leftbehindthemovie

Of course the movie is based on the Left Behind series of books which promote the secret Rapture theology that was created in the 1800's. It conflicts with the historical Christian belief of the rapture happenning at the same time as the Second Coming, and will be after the final tribulations. It will be interesting discussions in the near future as many will be confused by the movie.
    Just a puppy kicking, children starving, grandma shoving, kitten throwing, evil, vile, nasty, disgusting, racist, sexist, bigot.....or so I've been told. :)

Re: The new Left Behind movie (Rapture discussion)

Secret rapture theory? Who says it is secret? Aren't Christians gallivanting across the world spreading the word of Christ's return? Doesn't this return include a rapture? Yes. The difference is when you believe the rapture will occur.

1. Amillennialists believe that God's promises regarding the end times are figurative and will not be literally fulfilled, particularly the 1000 year reign of Jesus Christ on the earth.

Pre-millennialists believe that Jesus Christ will return to the earth prior to His literal reign on the earth for 1000 years. Three groups of pre-millennialists include the following:

2. Post-tribulationists believe that the rapture will not occur until the end of the seven year tribulation, just prior to the beginning of the millennial kingdom.

3. Mid-tribulationists believe that the rapture will occur three and one half years into the tribulation, at beginning of the three and one half year great tribulation.

4. Pre-tribulationists believe that the rapture will occur prior to the seven year tribulation, but not necessarily immediately before the tribulation.

http://www.matthewmcgee.org/rapture.html

Quote Originally Posted by Pacedog
    Secret rapture theory? Who says it is secret? Aren't Christians gallivanting across the world spreading the word of Christ's return? Doesn't this return include a rapture? Yes. The difference is when you believe the rapture will occur.

1. Amillennialists believe that God's promises regarding the end times are figurative and will not be literally fulfilled, particularly the 1000 year reign of Jesus Christ on the earth.

Pre-millennialists believe that Jesus Christ will return to the earth prior to His literal reign on the earth for 1000 years. Three groups of pre-millennialists include the following:

2. Post-tribulationists believe that the rapture will not occur until the end of the seven year tribulation, just prior to the beginning of the millennial kingdom.

3. Mid-tribulationists believe that the rapture will occur three and one half years into the tribulation, at beginning of the three and one half year great tribulation.

4. Pre-tribulationists believe that the rapture will occur prior to the seven year tribulation, but not necessarily immediately before the tribulation.

5. We do not know the day of the rapture. We will not know the date, but we are told to watch (1 Thessalonians 5:2 and 6) and know the general time of the end. There is no warning for the rapture. It could literally happen at any time. However, Daniel 9:27 tells us that the second coming is seven years after the Antichrist makes his covenant with Israel and three and a half years after he breaks the covenant. Christians cannot be left on earth during the whole tribulation or even the first half, because we would know the exact date of the rapture, contradicting scripture. If the post-tribulationists or mid-tribulationists were correct, we would have a seven year or three and one half year notification before the rapture.

http://www.matthewmcgee.org/rapture.html

''All the sweetness of religion is conveyed to children by the hands of storytellers and image-makers. Without their fictions the truths of religion would for the multitude be neither intelligible nor even apprehensible; and the prophets would prophesy and the philosophers celebrate in vain. And nothing stands between the people and the fictions except the silly falsehood that the fictions are literal truths, and that there is nothing in religion but fiction.''
    George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950), Anglo-Irish playwright, critic. (1921). Back to Methuselah, preface, The Bodley Head Bernard Shaw: Collected Plays with their Prefaces, vol. 5, ed. Dan H. Laurence (1972).
    http://www.bigdelivery.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31&dateline=142444635  1

Quote Originally Posted by noles2952
    ''All the sweetness of religion is conveyed to children by the hands of storytellers and image-makers. Without their fictions the truths of religion would for the multitude be neither intelligible nor even apprehensible; and the prophets would prophesy and the philosophers celebrate in vain. And nothing stands between the people and the fictions except the silly falsehood that the fictions are literal truths, and that there is nothing in religion but fiction.''
    George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950), Anglo-Irish playwright, critic. (1921). Back to Methuselah, preface, The Bodley Head Bernard Shaw: Collected Plays with their Prefaces, vol. 5, ed. Dan H. Laurence (1972).
    We should definitely listen to the father of Hitler's gas chambers.

You must all know half a dozen people at least who are no use in this world, who are more trouble than they are worth. Just put them there and say Sir, or Madam, now will you be kind enough to justify your existence? If you can’t justify your existence, if you’re not pulling your weight, and since you won't, if you’re not producing as much as you consume or perhaps a little more, then, clearly, we cannot use the organizations of our society for the purpose of keeping you alive, because your life does not benefit us and it can’t be of very much use to yourself. - GBS

We should find ourselves committed to killing a great many people whom we now leave living... A part of eugenic politics would finally land us in an extensive use of the lethal chamber. A great many people would have to be put out of existence simply because it wastes other people's time to look after them - GBS

"The use of poison gas—first carbon monoxide and then Zyklon B—was the technological achievement permitting 'humane killing.' - GBS
    Just a puppy kicking, children starving, grandma shoving, kitten throwing, evil, vile, nasty, disgusting, racist, sexist, bigot.....or so I've been told. :)

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ912
    We should definitely listen to the father of Hitler's gas chambers.

You must all know half a dozen people at least who are no use in this world, who are more trouble than they are worth. Just put them there and say Sir, or Madam, now will you be kind enough to justify your existence? If you can’t justify your existence, if you’re not pulling your weight, and since you won't, if you’re not producing as much as you consume or perhaps a little more, then, clearly, we cannot use the organizations of our society for the purpose of keeping you alive, because your life does not benefit us and it can’t be of very much use to yourself. - GBS

We should find ourselves committed to killing a great many people whom we now leave living... A part of eugenic politics would finally land us in an extensive use of the lethal chamber. A great many people would have to be put out of existence simply because it wastes other people's time to look after them - GBS

"The use of poison gas—first carbon monoxide and then Zyklon B—was the technological achievement permitting 'humane killing.' - GBS

is it god's plan or free will? it can't be both. didn't god kill over a couple million in the storybook bible?
    http://www.bigdelivery.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31&dateline=142444635  1

I heard nothing in the good book can be taken as literal translation so by rapture maybe it didn't actually mean rapture....

Quote Originally Posted by FSU_Jeep
    I heard nothing in the good book can be taken as literal translation so by rapture maybe it didn't actually mean rapture....
    Awww, isn't that cute. Lying to try and make a dig. We all know, including you, that no one told you there is nothing literal in the books of the Bible. Nice try though.

quality.
    You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Quote Originally Posted by FSU_Jeep
    Awww, isn't that cute. Lying to try and make a dig. We all know, including you, that no one told you there is nothing literal in the books of the Bible. Nice try though.
    I didn't make these Christian rules up. Just trying to follow them.

Maybe god didn't mean you would actually burn in hell. That could be interrupted as having to sit through a uf football game.

Secret rapture theory? Who says it is secret? Aren't Christians gallivanting across the world spreading the word of Christ's return? Doesn't this return include a rapture? Yes.
    The book authors and the movie claim the Rapture will be a quiet, surprising event that will happen before the final tribulations. That's what I meant by "secret".

I don't understand how they reconcile with the actual Bible verses:

1 Thes 4:15 For this we declare to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, shall not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the archangel’s call, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first; 17 then we who are alive, who are left, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so we shall always be with the Lord.

The Rapture event will be the loudest, most shocking sound we humans have ever heard. (well except when the noise heard from Gainesville when the 2-for-1 special happens at the Piggly Wiggly). So the concept in the books and movies of people suddenly vanishing without a sound is completely false.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribe92

quality.

I was reading an excerpt from an article recently that says he can't get the girls he wants because the Playboy mansion is nasty, disgusting, and run down.

Secret rapture theory? Who says it is secret? Aren't Christians gallivanting across the world spreading the word of Christ's return? Doesn't this return include a rapture? Yes.
    The book authors and the movie claim the Rapture will be a quiet, surprising event that will happen before the final tribulations. That's what I meant by "secret".

1 Thes 4:15 For this we declare to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, shall not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the archangel’s call, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first; 17 then we who are alive, who are left, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so we shall always be with the Lord.

The Rapture event will be the loudest, most shocking sound we humans have ever heard. (well except when the noise heard from Gainesville when the 2-for-1 special happens at the Piggly Wiggly). So the concept in the books and movies of people suddenly vanishing without a sound is completely false.

If you mean secret by nobody knowing the date, OK, but I am thinking when millions of Christians go home to be with Christ the world is going to be in panic mode.

If you mean secret by nobody knowing the date, OK, but I am thinking when millions of Christians go home to be with Christ the world is going to be in panic mode.
    If what I've read in the Bible is true (and I've read a lot of the Bible), there's going to be maybe ten people involved in the rapture. Most of the people that think they are going won't be making the trip.
    I am going to tear down your safe space
    Brick by brick I shall smash it with glee
    You cannot stop me from getting inside
    I am cold and I am hard and my name is 'Reality'

hard to believe in this day and age there are still people that believe this crap...

Quote Originally Posted by NoleSoup4U
    If what I've read in the Bible is true (and I've read a lot of the Bible), there's going to be maybe ten people involved in the rapture. Most of the people that think they are going won't be making the trip.
    Please do explain.

They will be in panic mode because that is the Second Coming, the final day, Judgment Day.

Thread Information