[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeb to run in 2016...

Jeb to run in 2016...

There is likely to be yet another Bush on America’s ballots in 2016; at least the Republican presidential primary ballot. It is reported by Politico that former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush has decided to run for president in 2016.

Politico based its report on long-time political allies who feel it is likely he has made the decision. Bush has been working extensively the past few months on the groundwork for his presidential bid studying key international issues and frequent Washington, DC trips to meet political contacts. He is also frequenting GOP Senate races across the country providing support and endorsements.

ugh...

http://www.examiner.com/article/jeb-bus ... ningIn2016
    http://www.bigdelivery.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31&dateline=142444635  1

Re: Jeb to run in 2016...

Quote Originally Posted by noles2952

ugh...

QFT
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

Sorry, but even as a Republican, I have Bush fatigue.

Might be the only hope of stopping Hillary....

Quote Originally Posted by The Tradition

Wouldn't it be similar to having Hillary in office but with better legs? :D

Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

If Jeb runs, how will Brooklyn say the GOP hates Hispanics?

Jeb was a decent governor for Florida, but his love of big govt, his push of common core and other issues make me very unhappy he is running.
    Just a puppy kicking, children starving, grandma shoving, kitten throwing, evil, vile, nasty, disgusting, racist, sexist, bigot.....or so I've been told. :)

Quote Originally Posted by NoleGrad83
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tradition

This isn't too far off. The two are centrists and would probably run the country in much of the same manner.

[quote=Huey Grey]
    Quote Originally Posted by "The Tradition":2uzka3dj

This isn't too far off. The two are centrists and would probably run the country in much of the same manner.[/quote:2uzka3dj]

Both promoting big government, which is bad for the country. Apparently you don't get it.

Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

[quote=NoleGrad83]
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey Grey
    Quote Originally Posted by "The Tradition":2106kfg0

This isn't too far off. The two are centrists and would probably run the country in much of the same manner.

Both promoting big government, which is bad for the country. Apparently you don't get it.[/quote:2106kfg0]
    What do you mean by this?

[quote=Huey Grey][quote=NoleGrad83]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Huey Grey":2zp07z0f
    Quote Originally Posted by "The Tradition":2zp07z0f

Both promoting big government, which is bad for the country. Apparently you don't get it.[/quote:2zp07z0f]
    What do you mean by this?[/quote:2zp07z0f]

Read the sentence prior to what you bolded.

Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

[quote=Huey Grey][quote=NoleGrad83]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Huey Grey":1h2kh8t8
    Quote Originally Posted by "The Tradition":1h2kh8t8

Both promoting big government, which is bad for the country. Apparently you don't get it.[/quote:1h2kh8t8]
    What do you mean by this?[/quote:1h2kh8t8]

It means that if you don't completely agree with everything about their worldview, you're ignorant, a moron, and/or evil. Duh!
    You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

[quote=Huey Grey]
    Quote Originally Posted by "The Tradition":2hknu8dc

This isn't too far off. The two are centrists and would probably run the country in much of the same manner.[/quote:2hknu8dc]

True. Hillary would probably be somewhat better on the margins on some social issues, tax rates, etc. But at the end of the day, yeah, pretty similar. At least that would mean Jeb probably won't go off the deep end.
    You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

[quote=NoleGrad83][quote=Huey Grey]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Huey Grey":1xrm1hvt
    Quote Originally Posted by "The Tradition":1xrm1hvt

Both promoting big government, which is bad for the country. Apparently you don't get it.
    What do you mean by this?[/quote:1xrm1hvt]

Read the sentence prior to what you bolded.[/quote:1xrm1hvt]
    Are you intentionally being argumentative solely for the sake of being argumentative? I was agreeing with you that they are both in the same vein. Apparently you have your head so far up your own ass that will instantly flip flop on what you just said simply because a liberal agrees with it.

[quote=Tribe92]
    Quote Originally Posted by "The Tradition":2d338ezr

True. Hillary would probably be somewhat better on the margins on some social issues, tax rates, etc. But at the end of the day, yeah, pretty similar. At least that would mean Jeb probably won't go off the deep end.[/quote:2d338ezr]
    I will add a caveat to this, though. Left to their own devices they would be quite similar. But because Hillary is a Democrat and Jeb is a Republican, they would probably alter their agendas to reflect their respective party lines.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ912
    Jeb was a decent governor for Florida, but his love of big govt, his push of common core and other issues make me very unhappy he is running.

And he tried to funnel tax payer money into religious schools and got caught by a friend of mine who worked in the DOE.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacedog

And he tried to funnel tax payer money into religious schools and got caught by a friend of mine who worked in the DOE.
    Every child should have a voucher so their parents can send them to any school they wish. We need to end the govt monopoly on education for those without means for a private education.
    Just a puppy kicking, children starving, grandma shoving, kitten throwing, evil, vile, nasty, disgusting, racist, sexist, bigot.....or so I've been told. :)

Every child should have a voucher so their parents can send them to any school they wish. We need to end the govt monopoly on education for those without means for a private education.
    Nope. Not to religious schools even to the religion I favor.

This sounds like a great way to take even more education away from poor people. They still won't be able to afford the expensive private schools because the vouchers will only cover a small portion of the tuition and in the meantime they will give up the guarantee that 100 percent of the costs will be covered for what used to be public schools.

This sounds like a great way to take even more education away from poor people. They still won't be able to afford the expensive private schools because the vouchers will only cover a small portion of the tuition and in the meantime they will give up the guarantee that 100 percent of the costs will be covered for what used to be public schools.
    My parents were poor and they sent me to a private school without a voucher. If they would have had a voucher, maybe they wouldn't have had to work three jobs each to do it.
    I am going to tear down your safe space
    Brick by brick I shall smash it with glee
    You cannot stop me from getting inside
    I am cold and I am hard and my name is 'Reality'

Thread Information