[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Thread: Komrade Holder stepping down?

Komrade Holder stepping down?

Tell me this is true.

Re: Komrade Holder stepping down?

Quote Originally Posted by Nifster
    Tell me this is true.

Apparently making the announcement today at 4:30.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

will stay on the job until his successor is confirmed

And now, for the best news of the day, we go to NPR which reports that Eric "Too Big To Prosecute" Holder is resigning

Eric Holder Jr., the nation's first black U.S. attorney general, is preparing to announce his resignation Thursday after a tumultuous tenure marked by civil rights advances, national security threats, reforms to the criminal justice system and five and a half years of fights with Republicans in Congress.

Two sources familiar with the decision tell NPR that Holder, 63, intends to leave the Justice Department as soon as his successor is confirmed, a process that could run through 2014 and even into next year. A former U.S. government official says Holder has been increasingly "adamant" about his desire to leave soon for fear he otherwise could be locked in to stay for much of the rest of President Obama's second term.

But who will no longer not prosecute bankers for the biggest generational and wealth transfer theft is US history?

Breaking: Obama names Rosemary Lehmberg as new AG

I would like to be the first to condemn the GOP's obstruction of Obama's Attorney General nominee William Ayers.

It really will be interesting to see who replaces Holder. It will be even more interesting to see if Obama does a recess appointment.

Why would he step down now?
    For the left the cause is always more important than the people who suffer for it.

The bigger fool than the fellow who knows it all is the one who'll argue with him.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM58
    Breaking: Obama names Rosemary Lehmberg as new AG

But in all seriousness, who among us here haven't had to be put in a restraint chair after being arrested? Those who live in glass houses......

zero gonna nominate him to supreme court...?
    http://www.bigdelivery.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31&dateline=142444635  1

Ahh perhaps this is why he is stepping down. Apparently federal judge demanded that the DOJ release documents related to 'Fast and Furious' no later than Oct 22. Apparently, Holder thought he could tie this up in court for years or at least until after the mid-terms.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepa...-list-n1896621
    For the left the cause is always more important than the people who suffer for it.

The bigger fool than the fellow who knows it all is the one who'll argue with him.

I am surprised he is stepping down. It will be almost impossible for Obama to get anyone confirmed. Hope the Assistant AG is worthwhile.

If I recall, Obama lost the court case on recess appointments, so that option is probably out the window as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Democratic Nole
    I am surprised he is stepping down. It will be almost impossible for Obama to get anyone confirmed. Hope the Assistant AG is worthwhile.

If I recall, Obama lost the court case on recess appointments, so that option is probably out the window as well.
    Actually, a recess is now defined as a minimum of 10 days, so a recess appointment may be in play, and may be the reason for the timing. That would provide Obama a year.

I'm sure Obama will find someone equally as racist and dishonest to replace Holder.

Quote Originally Posted by LauderdaleNole
    Why would he step down now?
    I bet someone has something on him.

Good riddance to that racist.

Interesting how he vowed after that contentious Senate hearing not to resign his office. He was adamant about it. And yet he did. Something changed.

Who in this current administration has done anything they ever said they would do?
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

Thread Information