[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification


Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 68

Thread: Rob Schneider's State Farm Commercial, Pulled...............

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Home of the Syrupmakers
    Posts
    10,818

    Rob Schneider's State Farm Commercial, Pulled...............

    Commercial Featuring Former ‘SNL’ Funny Man Is No Joke to These Activists — and Now It’s Headed Off the Air

    State Farm is pulling a commercial featuring former “Saturday Night Live” cast member Rob Schneider after activists launched a social media campaign against the ad, PR Week reported.



    But it’s not the message of the ad that the activists have a problem with — it’s Schneider himself.



    Schneider has taken a public stance against vaccines. A few years back, he came out against California Bill AB 2109, which requires parents to obtain doctors’ counsel before they’re given an exemption for immunizing their children.

    After the bill was signed into law, Schneider tweeted, ”Today California passed a law to force parents to get a Doc’s permission to not vaccinate their kids or they can’t attend school! Nazi’s”

    (Schneider’s June 28, 2012, tweet was active Wednesday morning but looks to have been deleted since then.)

    So when pro-vaccination folks found out about Schneider’s appearance in the State Farm commercial — in which he reprises his character “The Copy Guy” a.k.a. “Richmeister” — they went into action on social media platforms.

    A counter commercial was also created challenging Schneider’s appearance in the ad, saying that “someone who publicly states dangerous opinions should not be a spokesperson for a health insurance company.”

    Video and Rest of article here. http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...d-off-the-air/

  2. #2

    Re: Rob Schneider's State Farm Commercial, Pulled...........

    “someone who publicly states dangerous opinions should not be a spokesperson for a health insurance company.”

    Makes sense.
    "The transition from democracy to tyranny is most easily brought about by a popular leader who knows how to exploit the class antagonism between the rich and the poor within the democratic state, and who succeeds in building up a bodyguard of a private army of his own. The people who have hailed him first as the champion of freedom are soon enslaved."

    -From Things Plato Never Said

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Home of the Syrupmakers
    Posts
    10,818

    Re: Rob Schneider's State Farm Commercial, Pulled...........

    Quote Originally Posted by tarheelbybirth
    “someone who publicly states dangerous opinions should not be a spokesperson for a health insurance company.”

    Makes sense.

    Sounds like a little anti Free speech to me,... color me not surprised tho....

  4. #4

    Re: Rob Schneider's State Farm Commercial, Pulled...........

    Reprising this stupid character was a dumb idea to begin with. It wasn't funny even when it was fresh.

  5. #5

    Re: Rob Schneider's State Farm Commercial, Pulled...........

    I'm more shocked to see that State Farm sells health insurance.

    Research Immunologist Sees Vaccine Link to Autism, Obesity, Diabetes in Children
    http://sharylattkisson.com/research-...s-in-children/

    CDC: “Possibility” that vaccines rarely trigger autism (AUDIO)
    http://sharylattkisson.com/cdc-possi...trigger-autism

    Questions Surrounding Review of Challenged Vaccine-Autism Study
    http://sharylattkisson.com/questions...e-autism-study

    CDC Responds to Allegation it Omitted Vaccine-Autism Study Link
    http://sharylattkisson.com/cdc-respo...ism-study-link

    (Audio) CDC Addresses Allegations on Vaccine-Autism Link Omission
    http://sharylattkisson.com/audio-cdc...-link-omission

    Vaccine Court Awards Millions to Two Children With Autism
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-...b_2468343.html

    Where are the Autistic Amish?
    http://sharylattkisson.com/where-are...utistic-amish/

  6. #6

    Re: Rob Schneider's State Farm Commercial, Pulled...........

    Quote Originally Posted by Guckster
    Quote Originally Posted by tarheelbybirth
    “someone who publicly states dangerous opinions should not be a spokesperson for a health insurance company.”

    Makes sense.

    Sounds like a little anti Free speech to me,... color me not surprised tho....
    The company was free to put the commercial on the air and people were free to express their opinion on how little sense it made. I'm not surprised that you don't understand what free speech means, though.
    "The transition from democracy to tyranny is most easily brought about by a popular leader who knows how to exploit the class antagonism between the rich and the poor within the democratic state, and who succeeds in building up a bodyguard of a private army of his own. The people who have hailed him first as the champion of freedom are soon enslaved."

    -From Things Plato Never Said

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Home of the Syrupmakers
    Posts
    10,818

    Re: Rob Schneider's State Farm Commercial, Pulled...........

    Quote Originally Posted by tarheelbybirth
    Quote Originally Posted by Guckster
    Quote Originally Posted by tarheelbybirth
    “someone who publicly states dangerous opinions should not be a spokesperson for a health insurance company.”

    Makes sense.

    Sounds like a little anti Free speech to me,... color me not surprised tho....
    The company was free to put the commercial on the air and people were free to express their opinion on how little sense it made. I'm not surprised that you don't understand what free speech means, though.

    LOL Free speech means you can say what you like, NO MATTER WHAT ANY ONE ELSE THINKS...

    You parents evidently had no children that lived...

  8. #8

    Re: Rob Schneider's State Farm Commercial, Pulled...........

    Quote Originally Posted by Guckster
    Quote Originally Posted by tarheelbybirth
    Quote Originally Posted by Guckster
    Quote Originally Posted by tarheelbybirth
    “someone who publicly states dangerous opinions should not be a spokesperson for a health insurance company.”

    Makes sense.

    Sounds like a little anti Free speech to me,... color me not surprised tho....
    The company was free to put the commercial on the air and people were free to express their opinion on how little sense it made. I'm not surprised that you don't understand what free speech means, though.

    LOL Free speech means you can say what you like, NO MATTER WHAT ANY ONE ELSE THINKS...

    You parents evidently had no children that lived...
    No it doesn't. Dumbass. Free speech means the GOVERNMENT can't unreasonably restrict your speech. And the insurance company WAS allowed to say whatever they wanted. So were the people who thought the commercial was dumb. Free speech for everyone because the govt had nothing to do with it. Dumbass.
    "The transition from democracy to tyranny is most easily brought about by a popular leader who knows how to exploit the class antagonism between the rich and the poor within the democratic state, and who succeeds in building up a bodyguard of a private army of his own. The people who have hailed him first as the champion of freedom are soon enslaved."

    -From Things Plato Never Said

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Home of the Syrupmakers
    Posts
    10,818

    Re: Rob Schneider's State Farm Commercial, Pulled...........

    Quote Originally Posted by tarheelbybirth

    No it doesn't. Dumbass. Free speech means the GOVERNMENT can't unreasonably restrict your speech. And the insurance company WAS allowed to say whatever they wanted. So were the people who thought the commercial was dumb. Free speech for everyone because the govt had nothing to do with it. Dumbass.

    Wow.... you are retarded...

    You have the right to say what ever you like... no matter who it offends.

    When one group is offended, and that group is the cause of the speech being removed. That is a restriction on Free Speech.

    You do not have the the right to NOT BE OFFENDED.

    You should go back to the rock you crawled under a couple of weeks ago. .... I really get tired of showing you and **** your asses.


    DUMBASS

  10. #10

    Re: Rob Schneider's State Farm Commercial, Pulled...........

    Please for the love Darwin tell me Guck is just trolling. No one actually misunderstands "freedom of speech" that thoroughly, do they?

  11. #11

    Re: Rob Schneider's State Farm Commercial, Pulled...........

    I believe the Dixie Chicks have the same misconception.

  12. #12

    Re: Rob Schneider's State Farm Commercial, Pulled...........

    Quote Originally Posted by The Tradition
    I believe the Dixie Chicks have the same misconception.


    easy on the chicks...

    http://www.bigdelivery.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31&dateline=142444635  1

  13. #13

    Re: Rob Schneider's State Farm Commercial, Pulled...........

    Quote Originally Posted by Guckster
    Quote Originally Posted by tarheelbybirth

    No it doesn't. Dumbass. Free speech means the GOVERNMENT can't unreasonably restrict your speech. And the insurance company WAS allowed to say whatever they wanted. So were the people who thought the commercial was dumb. Free speech for everyone because the govt had nothing to do with it. Dumbass.

    Wow.... you are retarded...

    You have the right to say what ever you like... no matter who it offends.

    When one group is offended, and that group is the cause of the speech being removed. That is a restriction on Free Speech.

    You do not have the the right to NOT BE OFFENDED.

    You should go back to the rock you crawled under a couple of weeks ago. .... I really get tired of showing you and **** your asses.


    DUMBASS
    Holy Christ are you ignorant. Freedom of speech only pertains to the government restricting your speech. Have you really spent your entire life thinking otherwise?

  14. #14

    Re: Rob Schneider's State Farm Commercial, Pulled...........

    Quote Originally Posted by The Tradition
    I believe the Dixie Chicks have the same misconception.
    That would be true if they claimed their freedom to speak was being abridged...I honestly don't know if they ever said that. They were certainly free to denounce the stations that dropped them or anyone who criticized their stand. And the radio stations were free to drop them and people were free to denounce them.

    Freedom for everybody because the govt never tried to stop any of it.
    "The transition from democracy to tyranny is most easily brought about by a popular leader who knows how to exploit the class antagonism between the rich and the poor within the democratic state, and who succeeds in building up a bodyguard of a private army of his own. The people who have hailed him first as the champion of freedom are soon enslaved."

    -From Things Plato Never Said

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Home of the Syrupmakers
    Posts
    10,818

    Re: Rob Schneider's State Farm Commercial, Pulled...........

    I swear,... even the so called "Smart Liberals" are confused.


    I give up.

  16. #16

    Re: Rob Schneider's State Farm Commercial, Pulled...........

    Quote Originally Posted by Guckster
    I swear,... even the so called "Smart Liberals" are confused.


    I give up.
    Probably best. Trad even told you that you were wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by MuchasVeces
    Please for the love Darwin tell me Guck is just trolling. No one actually misunderstands "freedom of speech" that thoroughly, do they?
    I would like to say that I think he's trolling but I'm afraid he really believes what he posted. My scorn has morphed to pity.
    "The transition from democracy to tyranny is most easily brought about by a popular leader who knows how to exploit the class antagonism between the rich and the poor within the democratic state, and who succeeds in building up a bodyguard of a private army of his own. The people who have hailed him first as the champion of freedom are soon enslaved."

    -From Things Plato Never Said

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Home of the Syrupmakers
    Posts
    10,818

    Re: Rob Schneider's State Farm Commercial, Pulled...........

    I wasn't wrong just misunderstood.... your dumbass has still been schooled my me once again.... Hockey Stick boy

  18. #18

    Re: Rob Schneider's State Farm Commercial, Pulled...........

    Quote Originally Posted by Guckster
    I wasn't wrong just misunderstood.... your dumbass has still been schooled my me once again.... Hockey Stick boy
    "The transition from democracy to tyranny is most easily brought about by a popular leader who knows how to exploit the class antagonism between the rich and the poor within the democratic state, and who succeeds in building up a bodyguard of a private army of his own. The people who have hailed him first as the champion of freedom are soon enslaved."

    -From Things Plato Never Said

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Home of the Syrupmakers
    Posts
    10,818

    Re: Rob Schneider's State Farm Commercial, Pulled...........


  20. #20

    Re: Rob Schneider's State Farm Commercial, Pulled...........

    Quote Originally Posted by Guckster
    Can't even do that right. *sigh*
    "The transition from democracy to tyranny is most easily brought about by a popular leader who knows how to exploit the class antagonism between the rich and the poor within the democratic state, and who succeeds in building up a bodyguard of a private army of his own. The people who have hailed him first as the champion of freedom are soon enslaved."

    -From Things Plato Never Said

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Copyright © 2013 www.BigDelivery.com - All Rights Reserved - Copyright © 2014 www.TheDailyNole.com - All Rights Reserved
This website is an independently operated source of news and information not affiliated with any school or team.
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO