[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well that didn't take long...

Well that didn't take long...

French tourist beheaded in Algeria

An Algerian jihadist group linked to Islamic State released a video Wednesday purportedly showing the beheading of a French tourist who was abducted on Sunday, a U.S. terrorist watchdog group says.

French President Francois Hollande confirmed the killing of Hervé Gourdel, condemning it as a "cruel and cowardly" act.

"Our compatriot has been murdered," Hollande told reporters ahead of his speech to the United Nations General Assembly in New York.

After seizing Gourdel, a 55-year-old mountaineering guide from Nice, on Sunday, the extremist group Jund al-Khilafah warned that he would be killed within 24 hours unless the French president halted French airstrikes in Iraq against the Islamic State extremist group.

France insisted it would not back down on the attacks.

France was the first U.S. ally to carry out airstrikes against Islamic State, but insisted it would target only the extremist forces in Iraq and not Syria.

SITE Intelligence Group, a U.S. organization that analyzes and monitors jihadist groups, said Jund al-Khilafah released the beheading video online Wednesday.

The video is titled in French, "A message of blood for the French government." It shows Gourdel kneeling, with his arms tied behind his back, in front of a half-dozen armed and masked men in various garb.

Gourdel speaks briefly, expressing love for his family, before one of the militants reads out a speech denouncing "French criminal crusaders" against Muslims in Algeria, Mali and Iraq, AFP report.

At one point, a militant approaches Gourdel with a knife. The actual beheading is not depicted in the video, rather it goes to black, resuming with a shot of what appears to be the victim's severed head resting on his body.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/w...tage/16149609/

Re: Well that didn't take long...

Nope - it didn't take you to latch on to any shred of incitement to cheer on the campaign of genocide you root for on a daily basis.

I believe you're confused. ISIS is the group that is using genocide to further their agenda.

No, you;re just as guilty as ISIS in wanting genocide.

You would applaud killing every last Muslim on planet Earth.

Then you'd wake up tomorrow and pick a new group for the always at war US military to continue the killing.

Perhaps when the only people left on Earth are conservative white Americans then your blood lust might be sated. I doubt it though.

There is the problem of pesky communist home owners associations - so those folks have to eat led and die too.

I disagree with Trad's solution, but Trad certainly isn't for genocide. C'mon, Brooklyn, you are polluting your own arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Nole

Then you'd wake up tomorrow and pick a new group for the always at war US military to continue the killing.

Perhaps when the only people left on Earth are conservative white Americans then your blood lust might be sated. I doubt it though.

There is the problem of pesky communist home owners associations - so those folks have to eat led and die too.

Why do you keep accusing me of that crap? I have nothing against Muslims. HOA officers though... that's tempting....

You think we MUST be at war with a tactic - terrorism.

You believe terrorism is ingrained in the Muslim culture.

As such the only way to win the war against terrorism is to kill all the Muslims.

It's that simple.

I'm more and more thinking that this isn't about killing non Muslims generally but about baiting the US and its allies into creating chaos and a power vacuum in the region.

No, we're not at war against a tactic, we're at war with ideals: Jihadism and the Caliphate. In other words, we're at war with the people who would use terror (Jihadists) in the effort to advance their agenda (Caliphate). We didn't have to kill all the Germans to destroy the ideal (Nazism) and stop their agenda (world domination). And we won't have to kill all the Muslims to accomplish this, either. As a matter of fact, our strategy depends on moderate Muslims helping us send the Jihadis to meet Allah.

Quote Originally Posted by michael222
    I'm more and more thinking that this isn't about killing non Muslims generally but about baiting the US and its allies into creating chaos and a power vacuum in the region.
    Yup. Whether it was intentional or not, that is what happened. Those dead dictators are looking pretty good in comparison, aren't they? The sad thing is we're trying to double down in Syria, just like we did in Egypt. The US is really bad when it comes to choosing sides.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tradition
    I believe you're confused. ISIS is the group that is using genocide to further their agenda.
    Lesley Stahl on U.S. sanctions against Iraq: We have heard that a half million children have died. I mean, that's more children than died in Hiroshima. And, you know, is the price worth it?

Secretary of State Madeleine Albright: I think this is a very hard choice, but the price--we think the price is worth it.

--60 Minutes (5/12/96)
    But they weren't beheaded, you probably didn't even get to see a picture of one, so it's cool...
    It's like they're not even people.
    We're the good guys, always busy doing good guy things...

Good grief. So now sanctions = beheadings.

Actually worse - the children had to die a slow suffering filled death.

Not that you care.

I've never been for sanction myself. We should have gone in and taken care of Saddam with military power during the first Gulf War. The sanctions and the no-fly zones were terrible ideas, but the lefties were screaming about getting into another Vietnam and Bush tried to find a middle ground. Bad mistake.

In any case, Saddam is responsible for the suffering under the sanctions. It's disingenuous to blame us.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Nole

Trad's pointing out the fact that this group is barbaric at best. You on the other hand tend to make every excuse for them doing so....sorta like the excuses you make for Obama.

I've never been for sanction myself. We should have gone in and taken care of Saddam with military power during the first Gulf War. The sanctions and the no-fly zones were terrible ideas, but the lefties were screaming about getting into another Vietnam and Bush tried to find a middle ground. Bad mistake.

In any case, Saddam is responsible for the suffering under the sanctions. It's disingenuous to blame us.
    Hmmmmmm... disingenuous to blame the country that sold Saddam chemical weapons for actions which later resulted in sanctions.

Of course you wanted Bush to blow up the people Rummy sold the chemical weapons to - and then make crass remarks about liberals.

I'm working on a graduate degree in History and this was brought up in class one night. The main issue in the first Gulf War was that the UN resolutions gave the Coalition only the power to expel Iraq from Kuwait, not to defeat the entire nationstate of Iraq itself. Of course, had we tried to make that a part of the UN resolution, we might have never assembled the coalition we had at the time of that war. I agree though, when we had Saddam's Republican Guard cut off and had destroyed about 1/3 of it leaving northward on the Road to Basra (Road of Death now circled off it is so toxic from the DE used to destroy Iraqi forces). We could have finished that job, but BUSH 41 seeing the destruction of what was occurring called off Schwartzkopf when we had Saddam by the balls. Might have never been a need for a 2nd Gulf War.

Once Saddam used his weapons ON HIS OWN CITIZENS then yes, he deserved to be taken out.

If I gave you a gun believing you to be a friend and ally, and then you do something horrible with the gun, is that my fault? If you think so, you're ridiculous.

[quote=Brooklyn Nole]
    Quote Originally Posted by "The Tradition":444lbqjl

Hmmmmmm... disingenuous to blame the country that sold Saddam chemical weapons for actions which later resulted in sanctions.

Of course you wanted Bush to blow up the people Rummy sold the chemical weapons to - and then make crass remarks about liberals.[/quote:444lbqjl]

There you go sticking up for Saddam you darn traitor!

Once Saddam used his weapons ON HIS OWN CITIZENS then yes, he deserved to be taken out.

If I gave you a gun believing you to be a friend and ally, and then you do something horrible with the gun, is that my fault? If you think so, you're ridiculous.

Brook so easily forgets about Halabja in 1988.

Thread Information