[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Thread: Bader-Ginsburg refusing to step down because

Bader-Ginsburg refusing to step down because

she openly admits Obama could not get another justice as liberal as she appointed to the court....WTF? She is supposed to be apolitical. She shouldn't care at all who is next up to bat to take her spot. Her political antics should be reason why she should be impeached and disbarred. She even quotes the laws of other COUNTRIES in some of her written opinions when decisions are made by the SCOTUS. WTH is she thinking? There is ONE set of laws. It is the UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION. That's what we go by...nothing else.

Chick looks like the Crypt Keeper she is so ancient.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/09/r ... 11281.html

Re: Bader-Ginsburg refusing to step down because

Is SCOTUS supposed to be apolitical? I know it's supposed to be insulated from outside political pressures to keep the job (which is a different issue)

The first time I recall really bothering to study a court decision (Terry Sciavo case), I recall being almost shocked at how politicized both sides were. Prior to that I think I had internalized an idealized view that the court would be unbiased and objective. Maybe that's what they taught us in civics.....so maybe it is "supposed to be" apolitical.

Banned

Good,... hopefully there is a Right leaning Candidate in the WH when she finally croaks...

I don't think there's anyone on the planet who leans farther left than her.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tradition
    Actually there are several that post on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by finance85

I love when Trad throws all concern for reason or accuracy to the wind.

And Scalia and Thomas are no more or less political than Ginsburg.

They are all political animals who most frequently rule based on desired results than what the laws says.

Just another example of freaking out when a player on the other team steps out of line - but ignoring when your own team does the same.

[quote=Brooklyn Nole]
    Quote Originally Posted by "The Tradition":3fq3goel

They are all political animals who most frequently rule based on desired results than what the laws says.

Just another example of freaking out when a player on the other team steps out of line - but ignoring when your own team does the same.[/quote:3fq3goel]

Scalia is definitely political. Thomas is as apolitical as a justice can get. Just because you disagree with his rulings doesn't make him political. Thomas is as true to original intent as any justice on the court.

[quote=finance85]
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Nole
    Quote Originally Posted by "The Tradition":2pu9oztu

Just another example of freaking out when a player on the other team steps out of line - but ignoring when your own team does the same.
    Scalia is definitely political. Thomas is as apolitical as a justice can get. Just because you disagree with his rulings doesn't make him political. Thomas is as true to original intent as any justice on the court.[/quote:2pu9oztu]

I actually agree with your distinction between Thomas and Scalia.

Banned

My goodness, that is an understatement :o

Impeached and disbarred because she writes well-reasoned dissenting opinions that you disagree with. To borrow a page from the usual posters on your team: "why do conservatives always want to censor those that disagree with them."

Quote Originally Posted by Fijimn
    Impeached and disbarred because she writes well-reasoned dissenting opinions that you disagree with. To borrow a page from the usual posters on your team: "why do conservatives always want to censor those that disagree with them?"
    Because the conservative movement and Republican politicians have a tendency towards authoritarianism. And their shrieking about how Democrats 'hate freedom' or some such nonsense is pure projection.
    You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tribe92
    Impeached and disbarred because she writes well-reasoned dissenting opinions that you disagree with. To borrow a page from the usual posters on your team: "why do conservatives always want to censor those that disagree with them?"
    Because the conservative movement and Republican politicians have a tendency towards authoritarianism. And their shrieking about how Democrats 'hate freedom' or some such nonsense is pure projection.
    Democrats don't trend towards authoritarianism?
    I am going to tear down your safe space
    Brick by brick I shall smash it with glee
    You cannot stop me from getting inside
    I am cold and I am hard and my name is 'Reality'

Quote Originally Posted by Tribe92
    Authoritarianism and totalitarianism are on the left of the political spectrum.
    Just a puppy kicking, children starving, grandma shoving, kitten throwing, evil, vile, nasty, disgusting, racist, sexist, bigot.....or so I've been told. :)

Thread Information