[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accuser tried to extort Winston per TMZ article.

Accuser tried to extort Winston per TMZ article.

Now one would think had Winston actually been guilty he would've jumped on the offer. And anyone who had actually been raped couldn't be made whole by financial means.

http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2014/09/24/fs ... -7-million

Re: Accuser tried to extort Winston and FSU

I will admit I have not studied any of the “literature” that posters here have thrown back and forth on sexual assault charges, false charges, etc. My best guess is that the accuser in this case suffered some form of “buyer’s remorse” either during or after the sex. Since the witness stories indicate she became embarrassed b/c Casher barged in on them, I could see her becoming uncomfortable during the event, then as she became more sober and lucid later on, having her discomfort build and build. There is also the embarrassment factor of having cheated on her boyfriend (at the very least she was cheating, even prior to intercourse).

If my understanding of code of conduct guidelines is correct, it’s so stringent now that a woman can change her mind after the act has started, the guy can then halt, and he can still be found guilty of assault. Maybe not by the legal system, but I remember reading about a university hearing at another school where a guy did get kicked out of school following that exact scenario. Jameis is fortunate that he had a broken door and that witnesses saw the woman playing a very active role in sexual activity. That still would not leave him in the clear, but it does create difficulties for the accuser’s side in moving forward with a case. The fact that these people might be greedy doesn’t change much for me. It’s a flimsy case with or without the money angle. Not a case of clearcut innocence, but certainly not legally provable guilt.

Guilty of “demonstrated stupidity”? Well, if he was to ever get into that scenario again, for sure. Guilty of failing to meet a lot of people’s moral standards? Yes. While a whole lot of other people have no quibbles about one night stands (or so I’m told).

Does this view of the girls attorney requesting cash to settle and be forever silent change anyone's view on this matter, especially those that thought he was guilty?

I can tell you now, if my daughter, niece, nephew, brother or anyone else I cared about was really raped there would be no amount of money in which I would request that would buy my silence or get me to drop the fight.

As most assumed, this is about money. That is why this case wasn't a case and the girl didn't decide to reactivate this case till after everyone started talking about Jameis and the Heisman and being an NFL star.

Re: Accuser tried to extort Winston per TMZ article.

Eh, this is what lawyers do. Legalized extortion.

Quote Originally Posted by FSU_Jeep
    Does this view of the girls attorney requesting cash to settle and be forever silent change anyone's view on this matter, especially those that thought he was guilty?

I can tell you now, if my daughter, niece, nephew, brother or anyone else I cared about was really raped there would be no amount of money in which I would request that would buy my silence or get me to drop the fight.

As most assumed, this is about money. That is why this case wasn't a case and the girl didn't decide to reactivate this case till after everyone started talking about Jameis and the Heisman and being an NFL star.
    Depends on who you believe. Otherside is saying Winston's team wanted to talk about hush money.

The girl's attorney didn't come out and deny it, the attorney's other group of attorney's tried to play it off.

Had Winston's attorney been the one that brought it up, it would have came out long before now. Since it was the girls side and they knew it would make them look bad they hoped it would never come out and you will never hear from Carroll on this matter.

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2014/9/24 ... e-rape-fsu

It just keeps on coming now, we already know Mrs Carroll stated it had to be rape because no one would have sex on the bathroom floor because they wanted to. Now the lawyer states her Niece would never sleep with a black man.

This is going to get good.

David Cornwell's full 13-page letter to FSU:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/240853959/...Winston-Letter

Sorry but the link has now been deleted. But it stayed up long enough for me to read the entire thing right after I posted it. It was a doozy! Very damning of the tactics used by the accuser's lawyers. It's a shame if that will now be withheld from the public. But it was also highly critical of FSU for violating its own Title IX guidelines......FSU might not want it made public.

Here is a different link........better read it before this one gets taken down!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/240865128/...Winston-Letter

......And somebody on warchant found a pdf

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/b...ton-Letter.pdf

Ahhh, ya'll get that this is JW's attorney's version of events, right? I read a couple of pages and noted numerous spins and omissions. Hey, everything he says may be true, but everything he says may be a lie, and being an attorney at work, the latter is more likely.

There's no doubt he's going to be an advocate. But we've heard about 6 different statements advocating for the girl over the months, while JW's previous attorney mostly stayed quiet and turned the other cheek. I think he is mainly trying to tell FSU not to bend over backwards so far in looking like they are Title IX compliant that they railroad Jameis through a completely slanted process. He brings up very good points about how this delayed T-9 investigation violates some of the protections put in place that can keep the accused from succumbing to a flawed process. Not sure if I mentioned it in this thread but a flawed T-9 can be a nightmare for a man wrongly accused of SA.

No, I guess I didn't mention the story on this board. I would have to dig up the link....I'm sure I have it saved in a file, but would have to hunt to figure on what day I found it.

This was at a midwest university. A woman was writing about it. The short version is that a guy got kicked out of school b/c after the sex had started, the girl changed her mind and said stop. HE DID. Immediately. But she still decided she was upset the next day and brought charges. The university review he had to go through was a kangaroo court totally biased in favor of women as victims. He did not seem to get a fair trial at all.

I think in this case, Mr. Cornwell raises some very legit concerns about how the review process seems to have many built-in biases against the accused individual. Maybe that's the way they are supposed to be. But it sure sounded like very serious concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by wordjazz
    Ahhh, ya'll get that this is JW's attorney's version of events, right? I read a couple of pages and noted numerous spins and omissions. Hey, everything he says may be true, but everything he says may be a lie, and being an attorney at work, the latter is more likely.
    Except if he was found to be lying especially in that document, it is very likely he would be brought up on perjury charges and could possibly be disbarred.

This is the same reason I think we heard from the other lawyers today and not Carroll. Do you think she wants to commit perjury?

The letter has some interesting tid-bits. The racial aspect is big. A claim that her lawyer wanted someone else to claim the panties is nuclear. If he can prove that....
    King Jackass

Quote Originally Posted by Belem
    The letter has some interesting tid-bits. The racial aspect is big. A claim that her lawyer wanted someone else to claim the panties is nuclear. If he can prove that....
    I think it is awesome if he is truly innocent he finally has a lawyer that is more proactive about the situation than reactive.

I also find it interesting that, both TMZ and ESPN quotes are very twisted compared to what is actually in the letter.

The racism aspect is interesting. I thought of this before when the boyfriend wouldn't help. White sorority girl, three black guys word, contradicts her own friends, contradicts forensic data. . . yet media insists on believing white sorority girl. Now this "black boy" allegation. Very interesting. The timing of the case as well. . . all goes along with milking PR, as Cornwall asserts. Hopefully, this media narrative changes course hardcore.

I know a few of you are in the legal profession, am I incorrect about the perjury aspect?

Quote Originally Posted by Belem
    It's in the police report they released. The investigator got her friend to admit she had been asked to lie and say the shorts were hers. Read the report carefully because you'll see that she had sex with at least one other guy besides her boyfriend and JW.
    Just a puppy kicking, children starving, grandma shoving, kitten throwing, evil, vile, nasty, disgusting, racist, sexist, bigot.....or so I've been told. :)

A mad boyfriend is a pretty strong motive for a false rape accusation... doncha think?

Thread Information