[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Thread: So, on Winston, Sports Illustrated found some scouts

So, on Winston, Sports Illustrated found some scouts

……..willing to say he should come back

http://www.si.com/college-football/2...te-quarterback

“I think that’s a pretty easy decision,” one former NFL general manager said. “That would be my 100 percent advice. Come back and say, ‘Look, I made mistakes and learned from them. I have over a year of impeccable behavior that shows what I learned.’ Without question, that would go a long way.”
    The flurry of off-field incidents that have dominated the NFL’s news cycle the past two weeks will only put more of a focus on Winston’s off-field issues.

In the eyes of an increasing number of NFL officials, Winston is a serial troublemaker whose maturity and reliability trump his Heisman Trophy talent.

“He’s a big-ass immature kid,” said an NFL scout of the 6-foot-4, 230-pound Winston. “I think he needs to stay another year and prove that he can keep himself clean. Maybe even two more years. The skill is there, but …”

Mel Kiper dropped Winston from No. 3 to No. 25 on his big board this week. While none of the NFL personnel interviewed this week said explicitly they’d avoid Winston, they are getting close. “I’m not sure he’s at a toxic level yet, but he’s starting to get there,” said an NFL scout. “The alarm bells have sounded.”

That scout added that if a general manager drafts Winston, especially high in the first round, it could potentially define that executive’s career, and that is a risk fewer front offices are willing to take.

Yeah, but $$$ signs. I’m not buying it just yet. If he has another incident this fall, I could see him seriously dropping. But if nothing else, this is probably all smoke and somebody still picks him in the top 10. He'll have to be willing to deal with a completely revamped OL if he returns.

Re: So, on Winston, Sports Illustrated found some scouts

NFL execs could also have their careers defined by not drafting Jameis. The media attention won't go away, and he has the potential to have an eight-figure net worth in six months. He gone.
    You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Right now, the NFL is real spooked by character issues, given the glaring media spotlight. That won't last forever.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tradition
    Right now, the NFL is real spooked by character issues, given the glaring media spotlight. That won't last forever.
    Bingo. The draft isn't until April, which is a long time in the NFL world. If JW keeps himself out of any more trouble, and leads the team to another great season, I just can't see them not draftng him high.

Just off the top of my head, the teams that would be interested in a QB next april:

Bucs, Texans, Titans, Chiefs, Rams, Cards.

Other teams with aging QB's that might be interested:

Broncos, Patriots, Chargers, Saints, Cowboys, Packers,

That's simply too many teams to think they would all pass on him if he kept his act together. Especially those with poor QB play.
    Just a puppy kicking, children starving, grandma shoving, kitten throwing, evil, vile, nasty, disgusting, racist, sexist, bigot.....or so I've been told. :)

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ912
    Bingo. The draft isn't until April, which is a long time in the NFL world. If JW keeps himself out of any more trouble, and leads the team to another great season, I just can't see them not draftng him high.

Just off the top of my head, the teams that would be interested in a QB next april:

That's simply too many teams to think they would all pass on him if he kept his act together. Especially those with poor QB play.
    Dolphins...although I don't want to see Jameis, with money, in South Beach
    For the left the cause is always more important than the people who suffer for it.

The bigger fool than the fellow who knows it all is the one who'll argue with him.

Johnny Football's three arrests didn't hurt him that much.

It will if players keep getting busted for violent acts.

And given the past history of violent player conduct it is far more likely that this will stay a major issue than go away.

Crab Legs has 6 months before the 2015 draft. Let's see if he can stay clean until then. I hope he does - but wouldn't bet a penny on it.

One of the teams will take Jameis in the first round. Which team that really needs a QB that is going to be willing to pass on him for someone with less talent?

He hasn't been busted for drugs, He hasn't been charged or arrest for violent acts like Johnny Football was for both.

All Winston did was say a bad word, and got busted for petty theft which he owned up to. Really really bad bad kid right there.

Quote Originally Posted by FSU_Jeep
    One of the teams will take Jameis in the first round. Which team that really needs a QB that is going to be willing to pass on him for someone with less talent?

He hasn't been busted for drugs, He hasn't been charged or arrest for violent acts like Johnny Football was for both.

All Winston did was say a bad word, and got busted for petty theft which he owned up to. Really really bad bad kid right there.

You do realize a number of NFL teams have a different take than you regarding the sexual assault allegations - or don't you.

[quote=Brooklyn Nole]
    Quote Originally Posted by "FSU_Jeep":ukryzfrt

You do realize a number of NFL teams have a different take than you regarding the sexual assault allegations - or don't you.[/quote:ukryzfrt]

Do you think all 32 of them do? I don't think all 32 of them give a rats ass about allegations that didn't even have enough evidence to even bring charges.

If you think a team is going to pass on maybe one of the best QB's in the draft due to 3 year old fake allegations you better think again.

Quote Originally Posted by LauderdaleNole
    Quote Originally Posted by ZZ912

Dolphins...although I don't want to see Jameis, with money, in South Beach
    The Dolphins problems stem from poor OL play. When Tannehill isn't being hit on every play he is a good QB. It really sucked when Moreno got injured, because the Dolphins showed what could happen with decent OL play, a good RB/running game, and good QB play. They dominated the Patriots in the second half.

But then they went back to being the Dolphins. But they won't draft Jameis because they've got too much money tied up in Tannehill, and unless they unloaded him, they coudn't afford to have two QB's making that much money.
    Just a puppy kicking, children starving, grandma shoving, kitten throwing, evil, vile, nasty, disgusting, racist, sexist, bigot.....or so I've been told. :)

the Dolphins have the highest paid group of pass receivers in the league and those highly paid players also have the highest number of dropped passes in the league. it's not Tannehill's fault.

the Dolphins have the highest paid group of pass receivers in the league and those highly paid players also have the highest number of dropped passes in the league. it's not Tannehill's fault.
    Tannehill's a good QB. Period. He needs a clean pocket like all QB's do. The guy got crushed last year, but when he wasn't getting knocked down every other play, he has played well. Steve Young was considered a bum while in Tampa Bay, and he was a Hall of Famer with the 49'ers. He didn't improve that much moving west, he had a better OL.

Thread Information