[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U.S. Launches Airstrikes against ISIS in Syria

U.S. Launches Airstrikes against ISIS in Syria

Or what used to be Syria, I guess. Hope the U.S. Forces over there stay safe...

http://cnnworldlive.cnn.com/Event/US...yria?hpt=hp_t1
    You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Re: U.S. Launches Airstrikes against ISIS in Syria

Quote Originally Posted by Tribe92
    Or what used to be Syria, I guess. Hope the U.S. Forces over there stay safe...

http://cnnworldlive.cnn.com/Event/US...yria?hpt=hp_t1

We can only hope Syria lets us have free reign of their air space as their IADS are pretty top notch,

Air strikes on a sovereign nation, without being attacked, without a declaration of war by Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by finance85
    Air strikes on a sovereign nation, without being attacked, without a declaration of war by Congress.
    what a horrible representation of this. we're not striking Syria we're striking rebels who are trying to overthrow Syria. I doubt we would have had any problem if the British decided to help us out and bomb the Confederacy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tradition
    what a horrible representation of this. we're not striking Syria we're striking rebels who are trying to overthrow Syria. I doubt we would have had any problem if the British decided to help us out and bomb the Confederacy.

Why are we helping Syria? How many red lines has assad crossed???

Because we've determined that ISIS is a greater threat to our national interests than Syria is at the moment. A determination I agree with.

(See all you haters? I don't disagree with Obama about EVERYTHING)

Because we've determined that ISIS is a greater threat to our national interests than Syria is at the moment. A determination I agree with.

They aren't a threat to my interests? Of course, I don't work for the banks, or the MIC, or the oil companies either. "National interests" might be a little bit of a stretch, Trad.
    I am going to tear down your safe space
    Brick by brick I shall smash it with glee
    You cannot stop me from getting inside
    I am cold and I am hard and my name is 'Reality'

A 42-minute audio recording by an ISIS spokesman was released on social media Sunday, in which the group calls on Muslims to kill civilians in countries that belong to the anti-ISIS, U.S.-led coalition.

"If you can kill a disbelieving American or European, especially the spiteful and filthy French, or an Australian, or a Canadian or any other disbeliever, then rely upon Allah, and kill him in any manner or way however it may be," an ISIS spokesman says.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/isis-reco ... d=25669372

A 42-minute audio recording by an ISIS spokesman was released on social media Sunday, in which the group calls on Muslims to kill civilians in countries that belong to the anti-ISIS, U.S.-led coalition.

"If you can kill a disbelieving American or European, especially the spiteful and filthy French, or an Australian, or a Canadian or any other disbeliever, then rely upon Allah, and kill him in any manner or way however it may be," an ISIS spokesman says.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/isis-reco ... d=25669372
    So, now I'm a target because of our foreign policy? Gee, that makes me want to support it now!

Well, ISIS did say "disbelieving" so you could convert and you won't be a target anymore.

Well, ISIS did say "disbelieving" so you could convert and you won't be a target anymore.
    Or you warmongers could stop supporting the oil companies, MIC, and bankers, and stop putting me in the middle of your bloodthirstiness.

1) Close the border
    2) Real immigration reform...not this liberal crap addressing people already here, enforce the laws already in place to address them...real programs to track VISA holders, visitors, etc
    3) Get the hell out of the ME, let them fight amongst themselves
    4) The Isrealis are big boys they can take care of themselves
    5) Invest and subsidize real alternative energy programs...pay citizens to install solar, LEDs, all that crap...reduce our 'national interests' in the ME
    6) If some moron wants to go hang out with ISIS, whether it be to join them or write an article, the consequences are on them
    7) If we are attacked and need to act...act decisively...none of this finger pointing, debating, political grandstanding. Get a joint session of Congress convened immediately, get the Commander in Chief off the golf course, and act
    For the left the cause is always more important than the people who suffer for it.

The bigger fool than the fellow who knows it all is the one who'll argue with him.

How do you know this? Even if what you say is true, by what constitutional authority do we have to attack a sovereign country to assist rebels trying to overthrow a government?

Your example is a strawman.

DAMASCUS, SYRIA ó Syria said Tuesday that Washington informed President Bashar Assad's government before a U.S.-led military coalition launched airstrikes pounding strongholds of the Islamic State extremists across northern and eastern Syria.

Damascus appeared to be trying to position itself as on the side of the international coalition as the opening salvo hit in what President Barack Obama has warned will be a lengthy campaign aiming to defeat the extremists who have seized control of a huge swath of territory spanning the Syria-Iraq border. In contrast, Syria's allies Iran and Russia condemned the strikes.

Read more here: http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2014/09 ... rylink=cpy

Congress gave Obama its blessing. No Constitutional crisis here.

http://www.latimes.com/world/europe/la- ... tml#page=1

The enemy of my enemy is my friend?

You sound like a Muslim. LOL

Waiting for the cries about killing civilians to start....

I guess the good thing about the decision to go to war having come under Obama is that you know how much he detests the use of military force. So Iím guessing we are stopping a grave/gathering threat to our national interests by doing so.

Itís also good to have a fairly broad international consensus that ISIS needs to be stopped, with lots of countries of different cultures and ideologies wanting it done.

Congress gave Obama its blessing. No Constitutional crisis here.

http://www.latimes.com/world/europe/la- ... tml#page=1
    Umm, Congress gave Obama funds to arm and train Syrian rebels (something we have been doing for a while I might add - and those weapons have already ended up in the hands of Al Nusrah and ISIS).

Did they grant authorization to use military force against Syria?

Congress approving Lend Lease in 1941 isn't a green light for FDR to start bombing Hitler, but that seems to be your take...

Uh, again... we are not attacking Syria. we are attacking terrorists that have taken over part of Syria and declared themselves to be a sovereign state.

Uh, again... we are not attacking Syria. we are attacking terrorists that have taken over part of Syria and declared themselves to be a sovereign state.
    So, using that logic, what if Syria started bombing Tea Party rallies? Would that be an act of war against the United States? Heck, I'll bet that even Obama, Reid, and Pelosi would reluctantly agree that would be an act of war against the US. You betcha.

Once again, a declaration of war is required by the Constitution. We aren't defending ourselves because there's been no attack on the US.

Thread Information