[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Thread: Muschamp

Muschamp

Alright, I am going to ask....

When Florida gives him his walking papers....

Would anyone want him as DC at FSU?

We all know about the friendship between he and Fisher.... my question is... do you really think he is that great of a DC, and can he recruit well enough with failure at UF hanging over him?

I don't really have an opinion, it is just a question that came to mind.

Re: Muchamp

I think Muschamp's a classic case of the Peter Principle. If Charles Kelly goes elsewhere and he's already been fired, Jimbo ought to give him a call. UF's defense hasn't been the problem.
    You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Re: Muschamp

Nope he is the only adult less mature than Winston.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribe92
    UF's defense hasn't been the problem.
    Uh, were you watching the same game I watched last Saturday? Alabama broke a Florida school record for most yards allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tradition
    Uh, were you watching the same game I watched last Saturday? Alabama broke a Florida school record for most yards allowed.

In defense of that one Trad, even the best defense in the country will fail when they are on the field that much.

Not saying they are good, but their starting cast is still pretty good.....

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueNole

In defense of that one Trad, even the best defense in the country will fail when they are on the field that much.

UF's defense hasn't been the problem overall the past few years.
    You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Very young secondary - but good athletes - and coaching caused that. UF was very effective against the run before they got gassed - less than 50 yds rushing in 1st half for Bama.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueNole

UF's defense hasn't been the problem overall the past few years.
    Mostly true, but have had a habit of giving up long plays and long 3rd downs when they needed the stop. Not to beat a seemingly dead coach or dump on WM too much, but defensive personnel has been top notch - except after last years injuries - so coaching and strategy may be the problem there.

Three things we learned from Gators' 42-21 loss at Alabama:

1. Just because defensive-minded Will Muschamp is Florida’s head coach doesn’t necessarily mean the defense is going to be great – or even good.

In fact, right now, it’s bad.

Florida’s defense gave up a school-record 645 yards of offense to Alabama on Saturday. It is the fourth-most yards by the Tide in school history, a total of more of 1,200 games by a program that has won 15 national championships.

In only his fourth career start, Alabama quarterback Blake Sims riddled Florida’s defense for 445 passing yards and four touchdowns during his first SEC start.

And this came a week after Kentucky quarterback Patrick Towles threw for 369 yards.

Florida’s defensive performances in two SEC games thus far has been embarrassing.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/f ... -post.html

Thread Information