[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Thread: Poster Aliases

Poster Aliases

Ok, spill the beans guys. If you were banned on WC and came back with a different screen name, tell us all your screen names. I don't think you have to worry about getting banned here. I want to know because sometimes posters seem to be the same person that mysteriously disappeared before. Just for fun. In my younger days I was Semin. Yes, it is awful. My friend was Maj. Lee Hungdong and SigEpNole, but I posted under his names sometimes. This was over ten years ago when I was in college. I have been Truly 'Nolen for a long time.

Re: Poster Aliases

I was never anyone other than FSU_UCLA, though I was certainly banned on occasion.

I was recently banned as SoProudNole. I was getting a little tired of that one so took this opportunity to come up with something new.

UCLA had banned me once or twice, however I never changed my name. Been a member on Warchant for over 10 years now I believe.

I've been banned multiple times. I'm pretty sure this last one was permanent. I really had no desire to go back after that. I didn't even want to give them the added traffic.
    I am going to tear down your safe space
    Brick by brick I shall smash it with glee
    You cannot stop me from getting inside
    I am cold and I am hard and my name is 'Reality'

If I had thought about it, I probably would have changed my name to the more benign Spearman87 when I signed up….now I don’t want to lose by post count and membership date! :D

I’m pretty sure I was always Spearchucker87, going back to my early days as a pioneer on the Warchant hoops boards (during the last year or 2 of the Steve Robinson era). I try to be pretty well-behaved.....I can only recall being banned over some recruiting rule that I wasn't even aware of because I'd been off the board a lot, and our former buddy Animal2005 of the now defunct free hoops board got me quickly reinstated.

I think the Alias story was, ‘87 was the year I got my FSU bachelors, ‘spear’ was to signify my FSU allegiance, ‘chucker’ was for having at one time been accused of shooting the ball too much, on the hoops playgrounds where I practically lived in HS (when I wasn’t having to do homework or practice my music). And Spearchucker altogether was b/c I beared a decent resemblance to “Spearchucker Jones”, a black character on the original MASH series. Doesn’t really work now that I have morphed into a middle-aged black professional. Thought about changing it especially after some folks on the Wake board once accused me of being racist, mostly over the name (and maybe I'd voiced a right wing opinion)…..I think they thought I was some kind of tatted up Aryan Brotherhood dude or something.

Dock Savage = troyboyone = never really liked toyboyone but that's what I went for way back when WC was FSU_NOLES
    Generally speakin’: You ain’t learnin’ nothing when you’re the one doin’ the talkin

Banned

I think I am infamous enough, however, if you need the story,... let me know :ugeek:

Quote Originally Posted by Truly 'Nolen
    Ok, spill the beans guys. If you were banned on WC and came back with a different screen name, tell us all your screen names. I don't think you have to worry about getting banned here. I want to know because sometimes posters seem to be the same person that mysteriously disappeared before. Just for fun. In my younger days I was Semin. Yes, it is awful. My friend was Maj. Lee Hungdong and SigEpNole, but I posted under his names sometimes. This was over ten years ago when I was in college. I have been Truly 'Nolen for a long time.

I was Pacedog and about 50 other nics that didn't last too long. My first banning was in Iraq while there in 03-04. I had a day off and went to the morale tent (computers and phones) and registered about 15 different names because I had just been banned. Then I spammed the board over and over. I can't think of all the nics I had then. It got to be too time consuming to reregister. I think I could do it in about two minutes or less....logging into Yahoo, creating an email account, reregistering at Warchant and then trying to post. I gave up altogether even after attempting to be peaceable on Warchant and UCLA would always find me a give me the ban hammer.

Banned but never changed my moniker since 2000'ish. I used something similar the few years before but changed email and all.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne
    I was recently banned as SoProudNole. I was getting a little tired of that one so took this opportunity to come up with something new.
    Why were you banned? I honestly couldn't imagine what you could have done that was worse than what you already did.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

Quote Originally Posted by NoleGrad83
    Why were you banned? I honestly couldn't imagine what you could have done that was worse than what you already did.

I don't know. I didn't ask. What had I already done?

My only alias was OsamaBinLadensGhost. I used it one day to mock the morons who thought we didn't really kill him.

I was banned many times in my years and years of posting on WC. Most of them were deserved. UCLA banned me at least 3 times, all of those were deserved. The times my bannings were stupid were from drive-by mods like Nolesoul. Singleshot sucks too.
    King Jackass

Quote Originally Posted by NoleGrad83

I don't know. I didn't ask. What had I already done?

Other than not really responding to topics but posting pictures, that was the extent of it.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

But my picture postings constituted more intelligent content than half the "responses" from other people. So I did my part.

:D

Thread Information