[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is the dressing out such a big deal

Why is the dressing out such a big deal

Sports media is citing it as more evidence Winston is a bad character or all about me player. I just didn't think it was that big of a deal. I am really starting to think that ESPN as the do-boy for the SEC is trying to knock of FSU.

Re: Why is the dressing out such a big deal

It wasn't a big deal, just like how some are being quoted now that Winston wasn't really punished because FSU still won.

I guess it isn't fair for the rest of the team to be allowed to compete either.

I went throug the list of unreported or under reported infractions at the SEC to these Aggie homers

1. LSU's running back hits girlfriend = no suspension.
    2. U of F one game suspension lasted 10 seconds.
    3. Ha Ha Dix tweets a picture of him holding 3 grand cash = no investigation
    4. Nick Marshal fails 5th marijuana test = suspended from SEC media day only.

Quote Originally Posted by Fijimn
    I went throug the list of unreported or under reported infractions at the SEC to these Aggie homers

1. LSU's running back hits girlfriend = no suspension.
    2. U of F one game suspension lasted 10 seconds.
    3. Ha Ha Dix tweets a picture of him holding 3 grand cash = no investigation
    4. Nick Marshal fails 5th marijuana test = suspended from SEC media day only.
    Also busted with almost 1 oz of weed, (that is a pretty good bit of weed)

Equaled 1/2 game suspension and still in Heisman conversation by some.

Johnny Football accepts cash for autographs = half game suspension (but the school conducted its own investigation and found that he did not accept cash for his autograph -- fox guarding the hen house, no)

I think it's a big deal that no one bothered to stop him and tell him he's not dressing. He didn't get dressed in an empty locker room with no coaches around. Why not one of them smacked him over the head is a mystery.

And I'm still trying to figure out what JW was even thinking. What exactly are you warming up for?
    Just a puppy kicking, children starving, grandma shoving, kitten throwing, evil, vile, nasty, disgusting, racist, sexist, bigot.....or so I've been told. :)

I think JW was just trying to show solidarity with the team. Somebody should have communicated with the trainer not to lay out his gear. If they put out his shoulder pads and helmut, he's going to just walk out and leave it there? I don't think the rules for having to sit out are all that clear. I think he was just saying "I'm with you, guys"

BTW, wasn't he actually in the QB warmup line at one point, dropping back alongside the other QBs? I thought I glimpsed that footage somewhere or other.

I wonder if he was allowed to play toss and catch on the sideline to help the receivers and quarterbacks warm up?

Here is awesome video of Jimbo's postgame speech. Note Jameis' reaction.

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/jimbo-...-192837559.htm

Quote Originally Posted by The Tradition
    I wonder if he was allowed to play toss and catch on the sideline to help the receivers and quarterbacks warm up?
    As far as I have heard or read he was simply suspended from playing in the game not suspended from the team.

Dressing out just made no sense.

I don't think it's any media conspiracy to go after him. The sports media is made up of a dumb asses who don't understand journalism and no nothing else to talk about. Before you go after the talking heads consider the moron producers who put these shows together.

I'm in the minority though. I'd say he shouldn't have been on the sidelines at all. But whatever. This punishment was bizarre the whole way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Fijimn
    Sports media is citing it as more evidence Winston is a bad character or all about me player. I just didn't think it was that big of a deal. I am really starting to think that ESPN as the do-boy for the SEC is trying to knock of FSU.

Effing haters are gonna hate...

Quote Originally Posted by Nifster

I don't think it's any media conspiracy to go after him. The sports media is made up of a dumb asses who don't understand journalism and no nothing else to talk about. Before you go after the talking heads consider the moron producers who put these shows together.

I'm in the minority though. I'd say he shouldn't have been on the sidelines at all. But whatever. This punishment was bizarre the whole way around.

Yes considering FSU JEEP stated that Johnny Football was arrested three times and never served a game suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacedog

Yes considering FSU JEEP stated that Johnny Football was arrested three times and never served a game suspension.
    I miss quoted that. It was one arrest on 3 different charges. Fake id fighting his friends started the fight by using racial slurs. He started first game of season afterwards. No suspensions.

How about the current Texas am qb Kenny thrill hill? Arrested for public intoxication lied to police about his name among other things and was suspended during the summer but never missed a game and was named the starter.

Now he is in the middle of the Heisman conversation.

Fisher: Miscommunication prompted Jameis Winston to wear full uniform for Clemson warm-up

The Heisman Trophy winner drew scrutiny on Saturday when he came out of the tunnel dress in full game gear for warm-ups. College football analysts and the general public questioned Winston’s motives and Fisher originally appeared to be upset that Winston was dressed out, sending him back into the locker room to change into street clothes.

Fisher clarified that sequence during his Monday press conference, stating that the wardrobe malfunction was not Winston’s fault.

“That was a miscommunication between us and the locker room,” Fisher said. “Because with the late-night suspension, he was scheduled to dress the next day and the stuff was put out in the locker room when he went in to dress. He assumed he was going to dress for warm-ups and went out and I never saw it.

“It got miscommunicated. [The equipment staff] should have never had it in the locker and that’s exactly what happened. We saw it, corrected it, he was great about it, went in and came back out and did what he was asked to do.”

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/f ... -post.html

Fisher: Miscommunication prompted Jameis Winston to wear full uniform for Clemson warm-up

The Heisman Trophy winner drew scrutiny on Saturday when he came out of the tunnel dress in full game gear for warm-ups. College football analysts and the general public questioned Winston’s motives and Fisher originally appeared to be upset that Winston was dressed out, sending him back into the locker room to change into street clothes.

Fisher clarified that sequence during his Monday press conference, stating that the wardrobe malfunction was not Winston’s fault.

“That was a miscommunication between us and the locker room,” Fisher said. “Because with the late-night suspension, he was scheduled to dress the next day and the stuff was put out in the locker room when he went in to dress. He assumed he was going to dress for warm-ups and went out and I never saw it.

“It got miscommunicated. [The equipment staff] should have never had it in the locker and that’s exactly what happened. We saw it, corrected it, he was great about it, went in and came back out and did what he was asked to do.”

Makes sense.

The NCAA could just pass a rule that states suspensions mean you don't appear at the game in any capacity. Period.

Makes sense.

The NCAA could just pass a rule that states suspensions mean you don't appear at the game in any capacity. Period.
    What if the plan is only for a quarter suspension?

What if FSU had worded that Winston's suspension was for four quarters?

Going forward, if I was the coach, I'd just say "player xyz isn't starting, I'll let them back in the game when I think they're ready." Yeah, it puts more pressure on the coach, but they've probably got the maturity to handle it. Plus, it gives an option to sit the player longer if you don't like the attitude.

Incidentally, should this smiley: :roll: be re-named Jimbo?

I kinda thought technically and this is how they handle it at Florida (UF) on their suspension. The game was over at the end of regulation. Shouldn't Jameis had been able to start the overtime?

Thread Information