[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Thread: Who thinks Jameis learned his lesson?

Who thinks Jameis learned his lesson?

Anyone?

Re: Who thinks Jameis learned his lesson?

I never agreed with the suspension for what he did. But I sure hope he says excuse me for the next few months if he even farts.

I think I found a picture of Jeep at the game.

It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.- Richard P. Feynman.

Republics decline into democracies, and democracies degenerate into despotism. - Aristotle

LOL that wasn't me. That man has way to much hair to be me. But I did see people selling those shirts.

I think he's an inherently engaging, goofy guy who will always have a proclivity to say something cringe-worthy. The Joe Biden of college football, if you will.

That said, I think he keeps it together for a few more months and gets out of here without any more dust-ups...
    You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

The suspension was well deserved. Had he been suspended for the opening game after stealing the crabs, we likely would not have had to deal with this incident. Note I said likely. There is no telling if he has learned anything from this as it it the first time his fleet of enabling excuse makers, which have been around him since it was first obvious that he is a rare talent, could not protect him from the consequences for his actions. What is for certain, if he does anything else, he is done at FSU. From what I could piece together from all the rumors, he came really close to getting tossed for last week's stunt.

I will never agree with anyone that think because of the crab issue he should have been suspended from football. It was little over mid way through baseball season.

He was suspended from 3 baseball games, then you would let him come back play baseball and still suspend him from football months later? That would be a joke.

What should of happened is he, should have been kicked off the baseball team at worst for the remainder of the season.

Johnny Football was Arrested 3 times. ARRESTED, booked and charged. Jameis has never been arrested. Not once. The way I see it Jameis has had two real issues. Crab legs and the incident at the Union, wait it didn't even happened a the Union. Both of those issues he was punished for.

The rest of it is just crap at this point. The bb gun thing? Hunting squirrels? Soda in a ketchup cup?
    A sexual assault that never took place? All partially horrible luck and poor lack of real journalism in today's society.

"It was crazy," said Darby, a starting cornerback for FSU and one of Winston's best friends on the team. "At first he was only supposed to be out for a half and then a day before he's out the whole game. It was kind of crazy."

Teammates originally expressed disappointment with Winston's actions and seemed to understand and accept the punishment. However, the abrupt increase from a half game to the full contest caught the team off guard.

"It was supportive, that's our brother," Darby said. "If either one of us did it, it wouldn't have been that huge. But since it was him that did it, they blew it up. I guess they had to do something about it."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/f ... story.html

That is right TT, if it had been anyone else none of this would of happened or mattered.

Further more I don't think people realize but there are security camera's in the union, and if anyone thinks for one minute someone has not requested that footage under the sunshine policies.... They would be wrong I can promise.

However since there is no footage of Winston standing on a table in the Union, you will never see that footage.

Judging by Winston's pre-game actions, and in-game actions, he still thinks it's all about him. It isn't. It's time for him to give up his flamboyance and grow up. He can lead like Joyner or Telvin led.

I think Jameis has always learned his lesson, each and every time. He just has difficulty figuring out how to apply the lesson to new situations. He meant it after the crab legs incident when he said he would put the team first and fly straight from then on. I’m sure from that moment on til he’s gone from FSU, he’ll never walk away from anywhere without paying (or if he does, when he’s realizes it at home, he’ll go back and/or call the store and explain his mistake). Out having fun with his friends last week, it just never occurred to him that what he was doing would be picked up by the outside world and viewed as inappropriate for someone accused of rape. But I’ll bet he’ll never do that again. The big incident that put him in a negative spotlight in the first place? I’ll betcha since that blew up he doesn’t do things that risky anymore. The risk with Jameis is that somehow a completely new situation will come up where he won’t understand the potential problem until after the fact. But he’s covered so much territory at this point……. Stealing drinks, destruction of property, sex with drunk girls he doesn’t know, groceries without paying, offensive public vulgarity…….I can’t think there would be anything really troubling he could do now and not be able to figure out ahead of time that it would be a bad idea. I hope he doesn’t prove me to be underestimating him.

BTW, speaking of “memes”, the soda in a ketchup cup story is an FSU fan meme that became self-repeating to minimize what he did. What actually happened was he started with a ketchup cup and was told to stop. Then, just to be a dick, he asked for a full size water cup and filled it up with soda several times.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...e-records-show

In the Burger King incident, Winston came in with three men but did not order food. An employee, who recognized him, first saw him using ketchup cups to take soda. He asked for a water cup after she told him to stop, but he said he would use it for soda and filled it repeatedly with soda over her objections, the report said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/co...icle-1.1801658

HEAR IT: Audio from a police hotline reveals that the 20-year-old and two of his buddies clashed with the manager of the burger joint near the FSU campus in July 2013.
    "I caught one of them stealing soda. I told them over and over again that it was theft. He said he didn't care, and now he's fighting with me, and refuses to leave," she said
    ....they're not going to listen to me no matter what I say," she added.

Quote Originally Posted by finance85
    Judging by Winston's pre-game actions, and in-game actions, he still thinks it's all about him. It isn't. It's time for him to give up his flamboyance and grow up. He can lead like Joyner or Telvin led.
    Not sure what he did wrong during the game? Looked like he did everything he was suppose to do. He was suspended and he was there to support his team and give Maguire direction just as was stated that he would do in interviews prior to the game.

Most suspended players come to the game in pads for all football teams especially at home games, sometimes they don't travel suspended players for road games.

Thread Information