[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winston suspended entire game!

Winston suspended entire game!

Crap. Just broke on cbs sports.

Re: Winston suspended entire game!

I would have supported this if handed down when the incident first happened. Now I'm wondering what new info lead to the last minute change. He either did it or he didn't. The timing of this sucks.

Wow, is all I can say. There needs to be jobs lost over this. This shouldn't be acceptable from an administration especially coming from a Fake President.....!

Those 50 yard line tickets I purchased today, I wouldn't have. Now those seats will likely sit empty!

I think FSU fans are learning a painful lesson this season that FSU is a university first, not a football team.

Quote Originally Posted by UCLA
    I think FSU fans are learning a painful lesson this season that FSU is a university first, not a football team.
    That might have been true, before the NCAA started losing lawsuits that suggest otherwise.

I don't understand your response, jeep.

Regardless, I am starting to suspect that we have seen Winston play his last game at FSU.

Regardless, I am starting to suspect that we have seen Winston play his last game at FSU.

Have another pint.

I've heard rumors about this, too. I'd rather this just be weak-kneed administrators and not something else...
    You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Quote Originally Posted by FSU_Jeep

Have another pint.
    again, I do not understand your response.

This is just ridiculous. You don't change punishmentafter handed down, and you don't hand it down at midnight the night before the game.
    Just a puppy kicking, children starving, grandma shoving, kitten throwing, evil, vile, nasty, disgusting, racist, sexist, bigot.....or so I've been told. :)

My gut says more is coming and that this suspension involves more than the incident in the union.

Bruce Feldman just reported that a source told him the new suspension was because of a discrepancy found about where Jameis was STANDING when he used said obscenities.

Bruce Feldman just reported that a source told him the new suspension was because of a discrepancy found about where Jameis was STANDING when he used said obscenities.
    Uh, wut? Someone connect the dots here.....
    Just a puppy kicking, children starving, grandma shoving, kitten throwing, evil, vile, nasty, disgusting, racist, sexist, bigot.....or so I've been told. :)

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ912
    Uh, wut? Someone connect the dots here.....
    Sounds like Jameis might have told them he was standing on a different table?

Or in other words they used any excuse they could find the expand the punishment due to the media pushing them for more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribe92
    I've heard rumors about this, too
    Ditto.....he might be done.

...And my eyes are dry....

(despite the fact I was in bed and almost asleep when hearing this news at 1:30 AM est)

Are the rumors you heard from legit sources or message boards?

This gets dumber by the minute.

Banned

you do not punish the ENTIRE TEAM, because someone makes a vulgar comment in public.

You run Stadiums everyday after practice for such an offense.

Many years ago, a speaker came to our school to talk to the students. This was a private school so we could do things that were forbidden in public schools.

I only remember two things the man mentioned. The first involved the growth and scope of government. The second thing he said was, there will be a day where what you say will be more important than anything you "do". We didn't think much of it at the time but it has stuck with me over the years. At the time we were reading 1984.

I'm not defending JW. I could care less. But this incident demonstrates our sensitivity to things that at one time wouldn't be this big of a deal. I'm not convinced that's a good thing either.

Social media and the internet will be the downfall of society.

ok the media seems to be suggesting that the extended suspension was due to inaccuracies in Winston's story (false statement). if that's the case, then I would have done the same thing. making false statements during an investigation is a bad thing.

that said, this is probably for the best. if the university is investigating this as if it was the Spanish Inquisition, then it is likely Winston wouldn't have a very good game anyway due to all the distractions keeping him from preparing for the game.

Thread Information