[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Thread: For UCLA: Interesting article on False Rape Accusations

For UCLA: Interesting article on False Rape Accusations

In other threads, I read UCLA's comments about rape accusation with interest. With that in mind, I found this article;

http://www.slate.com/articles/double...er_happen.html

The author has found that the frequency of false accusation can run anywhere for 2% to 10%
    It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.- Richard P. Feynman.

Republics decline into democracies, and democracies degenerate into despotism. - Aristotle

Banned

Re: For UCLA: Interesting article on False Rape Accusations

he'll poo poo that away as if you never posted it.

It's an interesting article, but it should be noted that it's not a research article. It's an opinion piece.

Regardless, the opinion is wholly rational: false accusations are detestable and damaging to everyone. They just occur at a much, much lower rate than rape. As such, false accusations are a much, much smaller problem than rape.

The day that I see a person falsely accused of rape in my office, he will have the totality of my empathy and support. In the mean time, the women I see every day who have been sexually assaulted get the same level of attention.

Banned

Most people who are falsely accused, don't have to see a doctor to know they were railroaded.

Quote Originally Posted by UCLA
    It's an interesting article, but it should be noted that it's not a research article. It's an opinion piece.

Regardless, the opinion is wholly rational: false accusations are detestable and damaging to everyone. They just occur at a much, much lower rate than rape. As such, false accusations are a much, much smaller problem than rape.

The day that I see a person falsely accused of rape in my office, he will have the totality of my empathy and support. In the mean time, the women I see every day who have been sexually assaulted get the same level of attention.
    But false accusations can and do happen.
    It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.- Richard P. Feynman.

Republics decline into democracies, and democracies degenerate into despotism. - Aristotle

Of course they do.

Yet you imply that, in your experience, they have never happened?

Thread Information