[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Thread: Big Props to Rand Paul Today

Big Props to Rand Paul Today

I am glad someone in either party was strong enough to stand up and speak out against the ridiculous of arming rebels in Syria. It's like our country never learns. No many how many times this strategy fails in various parts of the world, we just keep going back for more.

Once again, the Democrats have failed to show leadership on a big foreign policy issue. Whenever the going gets tough, they would rather cower to popular opinion than be branded weak on foreign policy.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/liv...an-rebels-live

Re: Big Props to Rand Paul Today

I'm in total agreement.

War is big business, perhaps the biggest.
    I am going to tear down your safe space
    Brick by brick I shall smash it with glee
    You cannot stop me from getting inside
    I am cold and I am hard and my name is 'Reality'

Quote Originally Posted by NoleSoup4U
    War is big business, perhaps the biggest.
    I see it first hand on a weekly basis. There is no doubt that there is big money in war. For some, anyway.

We just love shooting ourselves in the ass. Arming and training people who are just gonna turn around and use it all against us, not to mention wasting money we can't afford to spend on that. It makes me physically ill.

It will be interesting to see how foreign policy plays into the 2016 race.

Liberals and libertarians want out of the ME.

Establishment GOP and neo-cons want all in.

A Spock would say: "Fascinating"

so instead of "out" or "all in" we've been doing "half and half" for 12 years and wondering why we're not getting anywhere....

The Republican hands are far from clean from this either. They also heavily support arming rebels in Syria. McCain has been one of its most vocal supporters. I will give Rand Paul a lot of credit for opposing it though. IMO, it will only bite us on the ass later on and I think Rand should be commended for his criticisms of the strategy.

Looks like the dems have turned into hawks as well. That won't play well with their base if Obama isn't leading the charge for it during 2016.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

Quote Originally Posted by NoleGrad83
    Looks like the dems have turned into hawks as well. That won't play well with their base if Obama isn't leading the charge for it during 2016.

Depends who the nominee is - just like in the GOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Nole

Yep
    Which is why a Hillary/Paul scenario would be interesting. She's not a neo-con but I would definitely say she is an interventionist while Paul is more of an isolationist. To see DNC spin the issues while their candidate is more 'hawkish' and to see and the reverse RNC spin would be interesting.

Rand Paul: 'you know what Candy Crowley, let's just skip the foreign policy questions and move on to debate the domestic issues'
    Hilary: 'I concur...what does it matter anyway?'
    For the left the cause is always more important than the people who suffer for it.

The bigger fool than the fellow who knows it all is the one who'll argue with him.

I'm gonna call BS on this one. The liberals don't want out of the ME or they wouldn't have voted for Obama the second time.

Quote Originally Posted by LauderdaleNole

Yep
    Which is why a Hillary/Paul scenario would be interesting. She's not a neo-con but I would definitely say she is an interventionist while Paul is more of an isolationist. To see DNC spin the issues while their candidate is more 'hawkish' and to see and the reverse RNC spin would be interesting.

Rand Paul: 'you know what Candy Crowley, let's just skip the foreign policy questions and move on to debate the domestic issues'

Indeed - a Hillary -v- Paul scenario would really flip the script. Alas, if the GOP is finally after nearly 30 years going to nominate someone not on the GOP Establishment plantation it's hard to see anyone but Ted Cruz getting the nomination.

Rand is too isolationist and libertarian for the GOP Establishment voters and Neo-cons - and when his position on Civil Rights Accommodation laws hits the front pages he is dead meat. The media will call him a racist and bigot enabler and down he goes in a ball of flames.

I'm gonna call BS on this one. The liberals don't want out of the ME or they wouldn't have voted for Obama the second time.
    You forget that some disappointment pales in comparison to hated of the GOP.

Remember how many conservatives voted for W in 2004 after No Child Left Behind and socializing Prescription Drugs? Well, same difference.

[quote=Brooklyn Nole]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Brooklyn Nole":gfprm7z3

Remember how many conservatives voted for W in 2004 after No Child Left Behind and socializing Prescription Drugs? Well, same difference.[/quote:gfprm7z3]

Yeah, that's why I laugh at "small government republicans". They're as laughable as "anti-war democrats".

[quote=Brooklyn Nole]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Brooklyn Nole":34k12fgr

Yep

Indeed - a Hillary -v- Paul scenario would really flip the script. Alas, if the GOP is finally after nearly 30 years going to nominate someone not on the GOP Establishment plantation it's hard to see anyone but Ted Cruz getting the nomination.

Rand is too isolationist and libertarian for the GOP Establishment voters and Neo-cons - and when his position on Civil Rights Accommodation laws hits the front pages he is dead meat. The media will call him a racist and bigot enabler and down he goes in a ball of flames.[/quote:34k12fgr]

Isolationist is North Korea. Does that sound like something a libertarian would strive to be? I think what you meant to say was "non-interventionist".

[quote=NoleSoup4U]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Brooklyn Nole":h3h4sftc

Remember how many conservatives voted for W in 2004 after No Child Left Behind and socializing Prescription Drugs? Well, same difference.
    Yeah, that's why I laugh at "small government republicans". They're as laughable as "anti-war democrats".[/quote:h3h4sftc]

You are grossly oversimplifying the issue.

No matter whom you want to vote for in any election there will be at least a couple issues you take a very different view than the candidate; but because you favor their positions on other issues you pull the lever for them.

Such is the nature of politics.

[quote=NoleSoup4U]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Brooklyn Nole":dojifnr0

Yep

Rand is too isolationist and libertarian for the GOP Establishment voters and Neo-cons - and when his position on Civil Rights Accommodation laws hits the front pages he is dead meat. The media will call him a racist and bigot enabler and down he goes in a ball of flames.
    Isolationist is North Korea. Does that sound like something a libertarian would strive to be? I think what you meant to say was "non-interventionist".[/quote:dojifnr0]

I can agree with that distinction.

[quote=NoleSoup4U]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Brooklyn Nole":3e1po6tc

Yep

Isolationist is North Korea. Does that sound like something a libertarian would strive to be? I think what you meant to say was "non-interventionist".[/quote:3e1po6tc]

I'm with Soup on this one. The terminology is not interchangeable, no matter how much the neocons wish it was so.

Thread Information