[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Thread: Hannity removes his belt and thrashes desk

Hannity removes his belt and thrashes desk

Fox News host Sean Hannity unbuckled his belt and whacked it Monday night, while demonstrating how he was beaten as a child and defending Minnesota Vikings player Adrian Peterson.

Hannity made the remarks while speaking to a panel on his program 'Hannity', which consisted of Mike Bako, Robi Ludwig, and Mercedes Colwin, Mediaite pointed out.

Peterson, a star in the NFL, is accused of beating two of his children.

'I got hit with a strap, bam, bam, bam, and I've never been to a shrink, by my father,' Hannity said while starting the discussion. 'I would tell you I deserved it. I think he went too far, but I don't want to see this guy get a felony, I don't want to see this guy lose his job, I don't want to see this guy - he deserves parenting classes.'

Afte Ludwig, a psychotherapist, said Peterson's alleged child abuse 'took it to an extreme,' Hannity interrupted and said 'I had welts when my father hit me with his belt. Come on.'

When Ludwig continued, remarking that 'Corporal punishment doesn't work,' Hannity responded 'I don't hit my kids. I don't have to. I take their iPhone away. It works perfectly.'

After Colwin, a legal analyst, described the wounds Peterson's children suffered as a result of his alleged abuse, Hannity responded 'But all the people that have used switches over the years, and used belts, what are we going to do: arrest them all? We gonna arrest everybody that's ever hit their kid?'
    'But it's a changing time,' journalist Bako said, asking if Hannity's father put leaves in his mouth, in a manner similar to Peterson's alleged abuse.

Interrupting Bako, Hannity said 'My father punched me in the face when I talked back to him once, and I deserved it.'

When Ludwig spoke about between spanking, child abuse and corporal punishment, Hannity unbuckled his belt from his trousers.

'I got it like this!,' he said, while whacking his belt on the table three tames. 'And I deserved it. I was a troubled kid.'

'We know better,' Ludwig said, while Colwin talked about how felony child abuse charges may be brought against a parent.

As Colwin spoke, Hannity repeatedly snapped his belt.

'So a switch is always wrong in your view?' he asked after she finished speaking.

'Yes,' Colwin said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z3DgayAF74
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Banned

Re: Hannity removes his belt and thrashes desk

Put them in time out,...and give them a participation trophy.

I am sure they'll turn out just great. :roll:

Or maybe something in between. You're not even a thinker, let alone a free thinker.

Banned

I think rings around you trailer park boy

There's a difference between corporal punishment and beating. I've only spanked my child twice, and both times he was under the age of 4, and both times it was a swat on a padded butt with an open hand. He's been punished a handful of times since then, but it's always been by taking something away from him.

I grew up in a different time, and I was severely beaten quite a few times. That shaped my view of how I would do things as a parent. I think spanking should be an option, but never to the point when a child has anything more than their pride injured. In most cases, if a child still requires a spanking after they are about 4 or 5, then something is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by finance85
    There's a difference between corporal punishment and beating. I've only spanked my child twice, and both times he was under the age of 4, and both times it was a swat on a padded butt with an open hand. He's been punished a handful of times since then, but it's always been by taking something away from him.

I grew up in a different time, and I was severely beaten quite a few times. That shaped my view of how I would do things as a parent. I think spanking should be an option, but never to the point when a child has anything more than their pride injured. In most cases, if a child still requires a spanking after they are about 4 or 5, then something is wrong.
    My parents whipped me pretty good back in the day as well. I don't have any kids, but if I ever do, I'd imagine I'd go about it more or less like you did.
    You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Explains a lot about Hannity.
    King Jackass

I've always thought the best way to earn respect was by giving respect. I don't know if I was just lucky, or if my approach worked, or if it was some combination, but my son has never been in any kind of trouble, and pretty much done nearly everything right. I was 37 when he was born, and I never talked to him as if he was a baby. As he was growing up, I would point out situations, involving others, that could get him in trouble if he went down that same path. There's also times for punishment, and times for mistakes to be learning opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by Belem
    Explains a lot about Hannity.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Another example of Republicans being the "beaten wives" of politics.

Hannity is a psychopath

Quote Originally Posted by TC_Nole_OX
    Hannity is a psychopath
    The thing about him that's always amazed me is that he seems to believe every word of what he's saying. At least with Rush, there seems to be an implicit 'wink-wink' with some of his spiels.
    You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Nobody should be defending AP. What he did was not discipline. It was clearly abuse. He beat his four year old with a tree branch leaving dozens of bleeding cuts and bruises across the child's thighs, buttocks, back, and testicles. And this was after shoving leaves in the boy's mouth to prevent him from screaming. Guy should be in jail.

Maybe Hannity will let us beat him bare-assed with a switch for charity.
    I am going to tear down your safe space
    Brick by brick I shall smash it with glee
    You cannot stop me from getting inside
    I am cold and I am hard and my name is 'Reality'

That's a really sad display from Hannity. I wish he'd had a better childhood, and I wish he weren't perpetuating this type of crap.

Interrupting Bako, Hannity said 'My father punched me in the face when I talked back to him once, and I deserved it.'

Damn, what happened if he lied or stole something? That's a good way to lose some chicklets or worse.

He's full of ****. All of these people lie and use to promote themselves and make more money. I don't listen to him, but when was the last time that he spoke about Clive Bundy, the hero he was championing?

Thread Information