[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scottish Independence Vote

Scottish Independence Vote

It's the biggest political story in the world right now, figure it should have some posts here.

Anyone have an opinion either way?
    You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Re: Scottish Independence Vote

FREEEEEDOM!!!!!!

Pragmatism says no, but the poli sci junkie in me wants to see it happen.
    You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Quote Originally Posted by The Tradition
    FREEEEEDOM!!!!!!

Good one.

But seriously, why does anyone think small is necessarily going to be better.

I'm pretty sure the Nationalists believe that local control over government is better than London control over their government

They still have the same problems to deal with. Guess they feel better about government if the people making the decisions live closer to you and have similar names and speak with the same accent.

They still have the same problems to deal with. Guess they feel better about government if the people making the decisions live closer to you and have similar names and speak with the same accent.

And the fact that their leaders' great- great- grandfathers didn't slaughter their own great-great- grandfathers in order to rule the country in the first place.

Europe really is so much more enlightened than we are. If a portion of a nation wants to secede, they put it up for a vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Panhandler
    Europe really is so much more enlightened than we are. If a portion of a nation wants to secede, they put it up for a vote.

Trust me - the North would gladly let the government tit sucking red states leave the Union.

There will no war this time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tradition
    And the fact that their leaders' great- great- grandfathers didn't slaughter their own great-great- grandfathers in order to rule the country in the first place.

Absurd - as if anyone should give a flying crap about what happened 100's of years ago today.

Oh, that's right - you're a southerner suffering from gross cultural displacement and losers resentment from a war you shouldn't give a crap about.

It makes perfect sense now.

[quote=Brooklyn Nole]
    Quote Originally Posted by "The Tradition":2o1i2tbi

Absurd - as if anyone should give a flying crap about what happened 100's of years ago today.
    [/quote:2o1i2tbi]

Really. Wish someone would express that sentiment to people like Jackson and Sharpton.

[quote=The Tradition][quote="Brooklyn Nole":2av6on0v]
    Quote Originally Posted by "The Tradition":2av6on0v

[/quote:2av6on0v]

Really. Wish someone would express that sentiment to people like Jackson and Sharpton.[/quote:2av6on0v]

Given the chance face to face I'd love to call them out for the racist pimps they are. I actually sued Sharpton once for unpaid rent - he quickly settled - lol.

Yeah, except that happened in their lifetimes. Other than that you are spot on though.
    King Jackass

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Nole
    Quote Originally Posted by Panhandler

Trust me - the North would gladly let the government tit sucking red states leave the Union.

There will no war this time.

Except the overhwhelming majority on welfare in the south vote Democratic. Thus, they would all probably move to the north after any break up of a Union. Then you will see why the majority of us in the south vote differently than they and you do.

Banned

When all the Producers move to the Red states,...and all the Leeches move north,... We will sit back and watch BLUE turn into a nice color of BRUISE

Politicians that live closer to you are easier for the constituents to control. It's the same reasoning most of us would like to handle things at the state level. That and it would create some great competition which would only lead to massive upswing in quality of life.
    I am going to tear down your safe space
    Brick by brick I shall smash it with glee
    You cannot stop me from getting inside
    I am cold and I am hard and my name is 'Reality'

Looks like the no vote won out. I think that was probably for the best. If I were Scottish I would have voted to remain.

Quote Originally Posted by NoleSoup4U
    Politicians that live closer to you are easier for the constituents to control. It's the same reasoning most of us would like to handle things at the state level. That and it would create some great competition which would only lead to massive upswing in quality of life.

But that competition exists right now on the state level. It's not going to change if the Fed ends Medicare.

And the big dirty secret on the right is that if the Federal government really is significantly shrunk down - that will mean the end of the US being the global policeman - and Christians cannot stomach America not being the global big dog. Not to mention how much money red states earn off of military contracts and bases.

Red Staters talk a small government game until they have to count how much money they will lose in the process.

See Scotland as a good recent example.

[quote=Brooklyn Nole]
    Quote Originally Posted by NoleSoup4U
    Quote Originally Posted by "Brooklyn Nole":1cbaa43x

But that competition exists right now on the state level. It's not going to change if the Fed ends Medicare.

And the big dirty secret on the right is that if the Federal government really is significantly shrunk down - that will mean the end of the US being the global policeman - and Christians cannot stomach America not being the global big dog. Not to mention how much money red states earn off of military contracts and bases.

Red Staters talk a small government game until they have to count how much money they will lose in the process.

See Scotland as a good recent example.[/quote:1cbaa43x]

Do you think the common man makes money off military bases and contracts? That's such a small minority that steals from everyone else to make their living. People in the south, as a whole, would be much better off without all the bases and contracts.

And I don't know how much competition you can have between states anymore when the federal government pretty much controls every aspect of our life now.
    I am going to tear down your safe space
    Brick by brick I shall smash it with glee
    You cannot stop me from getting inside
    I am cold and I am hard and my name is 'Reality'

Thread Information