[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jameis Suspended For First Half

Jameis Suspended For First Half

The correct call?

Too lenient?

Too severe?

Re: Jameis Suspended For First Half

Works for me.

In a vacuum this latest thing is no big deal. If this was his first (or second) "incident" then no way he's suspended. But this is what, the fifth or sixth issue that's arisen in the past year? IMO this is FSU admin saying enough is enough, and possibly Fisher trying to send the same message to JW by hitting him where it hurts, because clearly nothing else is getting through.

Works for me too.

Truthfully it’s too severe for what he did, but this is no longer about what Jameis does in any one incident. FSU is still at risk of a civil lawsuit from his sex assault accuser, as well as being at risk in the Title IX violations review. And it’s also about showing a damn fool that he needs to quit “saying” he will behave better and actually start doing it.

UCLA might be able to better elaborate on the potential liabilities. But me, I just have to acknowledge that Jameis is a well-meaning dumbass. He’s a genius on the field and a freaking 10 year old off of it.

In a vacuum the punishment seems a bit harsh. Given the guy's behavior, it is probably about right.
    It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.- Richard P. Feynman.

Republics decline into democracies, and democracies degenerate into despotism. - Aristotle

Trevor Matich:

"Best thing for Florida State to do in the first half is to kneel on each of the first downs and punt. Then hope the FSU defense can keep the score at 0-0 for the whole first half and then have Winston come in and win the game in the second half"

It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.- Richard P. Feynman.

Republics decline into democracies, and democracies degenerate into despotism. - Aristotle

Foul
    Speech
    University

I find it humorous that a gator has an opinion on this. If the game gets rained out should he get to start the next one?
    King Jackass

Quote Originally Posted by Belem
    I find it humorous that a gator has an opinion on this. If the game gets rained out should he get to start the next one?
    You can only hope

Hope it's a monsoon. A frog-strangler. A deluge. Noah proportions.

So if we are winning 27-0 end of first half does Winston still start second half or save him for a real game?

I would keep Maquire in and let him continue to gain experience and confidence for next year.

If we were still up big in the 4th quarter and started to pull starters.....

Well, if Maguire had not been a big part of the TDs, you could leave him in. But if he'd really played well, it would be time to pull him too. But kind of poor form to pull starters and insert a heisman winner. So I guess it would be our #3. Not sure if that JJ Con. from up north or somebody else.

we are not going to be up 27 to nothing at halftime, so we can stop having that fantasy right now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tradition
    we are not going to be up 27 to nothing at halftime, so we can stop having that fantasy right now.

Oh I don't think it is a fantasy. Clemson is no where as good as they were a year ago. If our 1st team defense comes out and plays, and we don't have a single turnover in the first half I bet we can shut them out for the half.

What we really need on defense is PJ to keep his mouth shut and not get any huge personal fouls like he did in the OSU game. It was feast or famine with him. A couple of his penalties continued drives that led to TD's. Otherwise the final score would have been much different.

Most will remember PJ's forced fumble, but how many remember his throat slashes that led to a conversion and a TD.

Overdue....if they hadn't candy azzed Jamarcus after the crab theft, we likely wouldn't be dealing with this today. He needs to wake up. The NFL is going to be forced, by it advertisers, to significantly clean up it's act. Winston isn't going to cost himself a lot of money and possibly his career if he doesn't wake up. This nonsense isn't going to fly like it has in the past.

Having a military background, I don't see what he said was that offensive. Twenty one year olds out defending the country say worse sometimes. That being said, the crab legs thing should have had him miss a game to start the season just as an attention getter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacedog
    Having a military background, I don't see what he said was that offensive. Twenty one year olds out defending the country say worse sometimes. That being said, the crab legs thing should have had him miss a game to start the season just as an attention getter.

So if a member of the military walks into a somewhat full mess hall, stands on a table and repeatedly shouts the meme in question, are you suggesting that there would be no consequences?

No idea about today's military but in the 90s when I served I was on an all male ship and I can tell you for a fact there would not have been a second thought about it. In a mess hall with females present I might have had to do some push ups.

Wouldn't have suspended him. Wouldn't have tweeted it. Popular internet meme. Popularized on tosh.o, posted on comedy Central's website. So what?

Quote Originally Posted by banditking
    Wouldn't have suspended him. Wouldn't have tweeted it. Popular internet meme. Popularized on tosh.o, posted on comedy Central's website. So what?
    This world has became a act now. Bend to the media. Guilty till well you are just guilty.

Sports is money and publicity making entertainment and FSU is no doubt seeking to maximize their position in that regard by balancing the fruits of winning with public perception. IMO, he should have been suspended for the entire game, told to comeback to practice on Monday. No question at that point and FSU gets full cred for tough love and high standards. It will remain a sore spot with this 1/2 game, exacerbated by College Game Day being present. The discussion and questions will remain intense and the camera will stay on JW during the game. You probably win in either case, and if not everyone would balance the result with his absence.

As to not being anything, cripes you can get arrested for doing that. Also a terrible image. You think women fans are OK with that kind of nonsense?

Thread Information