[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ACC and SEC true tests this weekend

ACC and SEC true tests this weekend

The hype has started UF people talking about uf bama being a great game between two good teams.

Simple fact is if bama doesn't beat uf by 3 touchdowns the sec is very weak this year.

Same goes for the ACC if the Noles don't get off their butts and route this weak Clemson team the acc will likely get left out and will be on par with the big 10.

Re: ACC and SEC true tests this weekend

Way to set up a straw man with regards to the Bama/UF game
    It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.- Richard P. Feynman.

Republics decline into democracies, and democracies degenerate into despotism. - Aristotle

I didn't set it up. This was the conversation on college football live on espnu.

Two of the taking heads believed UF is good enough to win this game.

Blame the media not me. I think UF is third from last in the SEC. Vandy Kentucky then UF.

However as long as the media is going to spin it. Let's help them out.

Oh just stop it.

Alabama has three things going for them this year

1.) A great OL
    2.) Great running backs
    3.) At least one great wide receiver. Maybe more.

On defense, they are weak in the secondary, OK at LB and very good a DL.

Florida has a team that could/should compete with these guys.

I do not predict a win. I am hoping they don't blow my them the f**k out. I think there is an outside chance they can win. But only an outside chance.
    It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.- Richard P. Feynman.

Republics decline into democracies, and democracies degenerate into despotism. - Aristotle

So basically you are saying the same thing the talking heads are saying. Your team should/could/maybe can hang with one of the most loaded teams in the nation. Your team the team that just went to 3 ot's with Kentucky?

I can't buy this narrative, it isn't correct and no UF is not suppose to be able to hang around with Bama this year. UF should be a 6-6 team by all accounts well maybe 5-6 now.

Just as FSU without Winston will more challenging should still be able to rout Clemson by almost 3 touchdowns. (So vegas says).

I expect as much out of my team just based on the stable of players we have.

Quote Originally Posted by FSU_Jeep
    So basically you are saying the same thing the talking heads are saying. Your team should/could/maybe can hang with one of the most loaded teams in the nation. Your team the team that just went to 3 ot's with Kentucky?
    I am not sure why you place so much emphasis on the UK game?

Quote Originally Posted by MJWilliamson
    I am not sure why you place so much emphasis on the UK game?

I am not placing that much emphasis on it. My team didn't go 3 overtimes wth a program that was 4 of the last 10 games and not a single win in the sec in 2 years.

For espn or anyone else to commit on how great that team is at this time I find laughable at best.

I can't buy this narrative, it isn't correct and no UF is not suppose to be able to hang around with Bama this year. UF should be a 6-6 team by all accounts well maybe 5-6 now.

Just as FSU without Winston will more challenging should still be able to rout Clemson by almost 3 touchdowns. (So vegas says).

Gator fans expect the same for the same reason. By all the rating services, UF is regularly in the top 3 in recruiting. We have players.

Quote Originally Posted by wordjazz

Gator fans expect the same for the same reason. By all the rating services, UF is regularly in the top 3 in recruiting. We have players.

Not 100% sure what recruiting service you have been looking at the last 5 years.

[quote=FSU_Jeep][quote=wordjazz][quote="FSU_Jeep":10k93r7p]So basically you are saying the same thing the talking heads are saying. Your team should/could/maybe can hang with one of the most loaded teams in the nation. Your team the team that just went to 3 ot's with Kentucky?

[b][u]I expect as much out of my team just based on the stable of players we have[/u][/b].[/quote]

Gator fans expect the same for the same reason. By all the rating services, UF is regularly in the top 3 in recruiting. We have players.[/quote]

Not 100% sure what recruiting service you have been looking at the last 5 years.[/quote:10k93r7p]

Usually check them all at the end of the process. UF has been higher than FSU over the last 5 years, except in the last one and the year we changed coaches. The predictions are obviously not perfect, but no one who knows anything about football is going to say UF doesn't draw it's share from the best pool of talent.

You can look year by year here:

[url="http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/teamrank/2010/all/all"]http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruit ... 10/all/all[/url]

[quote=wordjazz][quote=FSU_Jeep][quote=wordjazz][quote="FSU_Jeep":1pymzzss]So basically you are saying the same thing the talking heads are saying. Your team should/could/maybe can hang with one of the most loaded teams in the nation. Your team the team that just went to 3 ot's with Kentucky?

[b][u]I expect as much out of my team just based on the stable of players we have[/u][/b].[/quote]

Gator fans expect the same for the same reason. By all the rating services, UF is regularly in the top 3 in recruiting. We have players.[/quote]

Not 100% sure what recruiting service you have been looking at the last 5 years.[/quote]

Usually check them all at the end of the process. UF has been higher than FSU over the last 5 years, except in the last one and the year we changed coaches. The predictions are obviously not perfect, but no one who knows anything about football is going to say UF doesn't draw it's share from the best pool of talent.

[url="http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/teamrank/2010/all/all"]http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruit ... 10/all/all[/url][/quote:1pymzzss]

Well with that loaded stable then there is nooo excuse for florida to have lost 8 games last year or for them to lose to bama.

[quote=wordjazz][quote=FSU_Jeep][quote=wordjazz][quote="FSU_Jeep":1kw4l0zc]So basically you are saying the same thing the talking heads are saying. Your team should/could/maybe can hang with one of the most loaded teams in the nation. Your team the team that just went to 3 ot's with Kentucky?

Not 100% sure what recruiting service you have been looking at the last 5 years.[/quote]

[url="http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/teamrank/2010/all/all"]http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruit ... 10/all/all[/url][/quote:1kw4l0zc]

Well with that loaded stable then there is nooo excuse for florida to have lost 8 games last year or for them to lose to bama.

[quote=wordjazz][quote=FSU_Jeep][quote=wordjazz][quote="FSU_Jeep":9irec8mt]So basically you are saying the same thing the talking heads are saying. Your team should/could/maybe can hang with one of the most loaded teams in the nation. Your team the team that just went to 3 ot's with Kentucky?

[url="http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/teamrank/2010/all/all"]http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruit ... 10/all/all[/url][/quote:9irec8mt]

UF lost 10 starters to injuries last year, including their most important player on both offense and defense. Bama is one of the few teams to have consistently recruited as well or better than UF since Saban got here (LSU being the other).

So tomorrow the topic will be how great kstate is. :)

Well with that loaded stable then there is nooo excuse for florida to have lost 8 games last year.
    On this, we agree

Similar to, I guess, how people talked about how great OkState is?

Similar to, I guess, how people talked about how great OkState is?
    The difference is OK St, will beat Kstate by 30 in a few weeks. Will likely only lose 1-2 big 10 games and Kstate will drop 4 games or more.

You bet your house on this?

BTW, the REAL differences between the SEC and the ACC are as follows; we know the winner of the SECCG will be part of the 4 team playoff. We just don't know who will win the SECCG. It could be one of five different teams. And a second could make it in.

In the ACC, only one team has an assured shot of getting to the four team play-off and only then by winning the ACCCG.

You bet your house on this?

BTW, the REAL differences between the SEC and the ACC are as follows; we know the winner of the SECCG will be part of the 4 team playoff. We just don't know who will win the SECCG. It could be one of five different teams. And a second could make it in.

In the ACC, only one team has an assured shot of getting to the four team play-off and only then by winning the ACCCG.
    Odds are more likely that a 11-1 secW vs 10-2 secE will be playing for the SECCG and if the secE school gets the victory it could leave the SEC out completely.

As of this week the ACC has a better chance of getting two schools in than the SEC does. If by some miracle Clemson was to come into Tallahassee and win by 1 point without Winston starting and clemson ran the rest of the table and won the ACC. They would get in. On the second part if FSU came back after this game and beat everyone else on their schedule by 40 like last year with Winston, this includes another beat down of the gators who we hope are at least a 50/50 team by then and a beat down of a Top 10 Notre Dame team. It is pretty high odds FSU would still make the play off and take the spot the BIG10 is obviously not going to fill.

All of this is just talk, I think FSU still runs the table and still spanks Clemson without Winston in the game. Clemson is going to come in and try to hard in the first half thinking they need to take a big lead and they will make mistakes like Kansas St. made last night.

Offshore I couldn't bet your team on the money line, but I did take them with the 15.5 points.
    I think Bama is a lot like FSU. It should be a blowout but we have not seen their best game. If both Bama and FSU come out and play this weekend they both win by 3 TDs. If they both make continued mistakes like in week one, it could be two very close ball games that will be decided in the 4th QTR.

Thread Information