[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ground beef prices hit all-time high

Ground beef prices hit all-time high

PHOENIX (KSAZ) - Meat-eaters beware, the price of beef is at an all-time high. Chances are you're paying for it.

The price of a burger or steak is the highest it has ever been and prices could continue to skyrocket.

"Where's the beef," is heard in a commercial.

It's one of the most memorable commercials of all time and you can find old clips of it on YouTube.

And it's never been truer; cattle ranchers, restaurant owners, and customers are asking where is the beef?

Beef supply is low, and the price of beef is high.

"Well, they are higher than they have ever been, we have never seen them this high," said Gary Lasko.

Stockyards owner Gary Lasko has been in the restaurant business for more than 45 years. He refuses to raise prices at his steakhouse, but he is definitely taking a hit.

"We serve only the top 12% of beef produced in the United States, and it's only price and choice cuts, and we just have to work our way through it," said Lasko.

In the past 12 months he's seen some prices of beef go up 30%.

"Whole filet mignon or beef tenderloin used to be about $9, we're up to close to $12 now," said Lasko.

"Pork or chicken are good alternatives, but people don't come to the Stockyards for pork or chicken, they come for beef," he said.

Beef prices are at an all time high because cattle numbers are at an all time low.

"Mother nature, she's a fickle partner in our business... it's impacted our overall cow numbers across the nation" said Patrick Bray with the Arizona Cattlemen Association.

The polar vortex and drought have killed thousands of head of cattle; our nations cattle numbers are at it's lowest since 1973.

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/story/26...-all-time-high

Re: Ground beef prices hit all-time high

People should stop eating red meat anyway.

Banned

LOL Inflation happens before the dollar crashes Brookie.

Farmers are disappearing at an alarming rate....

Pay attention.

Rate of inflation is normal dick wad.

http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/in ... ion-rates/

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Nole

If You Want To Know The Real Rate Of Inflation, Don't Bother With The CPI

http://www.forbes.com/sites/perianne...-with-the-cpi/

And if the price gets too high I'm sure some people will stop eating eat. I know you don't want to say the government needs to regulate the intake of red meat by the general public.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

I don't favor government regulation of how much red meat people eat.

I just think red meat is a very poor diet choice and hope many other people come to the same realization.

Perhaps higher prices will compel some to reevaluate.

The CPI doesn't include food or energy prices. I've been saying that steadily for a couple of years. It's important to understand from a personal perspective because it affects retirees the hardest - their income increases are tied to the CPI. It's important from an economic perspective because you need to know the amount of real inflation when looking at GDP numbers.

If it takes being a dick wad to know that, then I guess I'm a dick wad, too. :D

Have any graphs that show inflation rates over time, including food and energy?

Because right now we are actually at the low end of inflationary growth without them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by finance85

The CPI doesn't include food or energy prices. I've been saying that steadily for a couple of years. It's important to understand from a personal perspective because it affects retirees the hardest - their income increases are tied to the CPI. It's important from an economic perspective because you need to know the amount of real inflation when looking at GDP numbers.

Ouch,... Right in brooklyn's.....

Banned

Only 4 months old....

U.S. FOOD INFLATION RUNNING AT 22%

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-Running-at-22

Quote Originally Posted by finance85

Not to mention that weather and politics often have a great impact on food and energy costs - which is why they are discarded from the inflation rate. Of course economists don;t bae predictions on inflation with energy and food because of the randomness of their prices.

Of course you know all this but ignore it anyway.

Banned

Not to mention that weather and politics often have a great impact on food and energy costs - which is why they are discarded from the inflation rate. Of course economists don;t bae predictions on inflation with energy and food because of the randomness of their prices.

Of course you know all this but ignore it anyway.

Damn you are a special kind of Stupid.

It's fun that they tell you right in the article why the price has climbed and yet Guckwad starts yammering about inflation.
    King Jackass

Banned

Did i not mention farmers disappearing? Rockwad?

Sorry, I forgot that stupid comment. Duly noted.
    King Jackass

Have any graphs that show inflation rates over time, including food and energy?

Because right now we are actually at the low end of inflationary growth without them.
    I don't have any graphs because the government doesn't include them in the CPI numbers. If I had the time I could figure it out, but I don't have the time just to satisfy your curiosity. I do know that over the past 10 years, food prices have exploded well past the CPI rate. The Dems want to focus on income differences and ignore cost differences. They always want to fix symptoms without ever understanding the real, underlying problems. They never want to peel back the onion because they know what they'll find. Why are food prices so high? Because demand exceeds supply. Why does demand exceed supply? Multiple reasons such as subsidies to not grow certain crops or produce some products instead of others, diverting grain to ethanol production, water shortages, etc. Why are there water shortages? Because the EPA and Army Corps of Engineers have regulations. Why is grain diverted to ethanol production? Because it's a government mandate. And so on.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belem
    Sorry, I forgot that stupid comment. Duly noted.

you make enough of them,... I can understand

Maybe not altogether. But Americans could probably stand to eat less meat. Part of the problem is that people want to eat meat at every single meal and that puts terrific strains on the production side. Then when you have a sudden drop in supply, prices shoot up. We would be better off if we stopped making meat one of the biggest parts of our social culture.

Banned

Kind of hard to do when our species are carnivore by nature.

Thread Information