[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jameis is being Jameis again

Re: Jameis is being Jameis again

and what he did is entertaining why exactly?

and this is news why?

Quote Originally Posted by Nifster
    and what he did is entertaining why exactly?
    I don't follow pop culture enough to understand why that is considered entertainment by some. To me, it's juvenile and embarassing from a representative of the university. Hopefully it does not go beyond TMZ tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by FSU_Jeep
    and this is news why?
    I suppose it's not news anymore for him to do something stupid.......like I said, just Jameis being Jameis.

I predicted back during Lobstergate that Jamarcus Winston won't be our qb by the end of the season. He will do something so stupid that they will have no choice but to give him a lengthy suspension or kick him off the team. He is a world class jack azz and his jock sniffing enablers are a big part of the problem.

I changed the order of the paragraphs, but I think maybe NBC does a better job than me of explaining:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...ling-incident/

Winston knows he needs to hold himself to a higher degree of morality. He has stated this himself. Whether you want to believe it or not, Winston is the face of Florida State football right now, and thus the face of the university for the time being. Even if this was just a joke to Winston, his friends and those around him, it does not come off with a positive glow for them or the university.

Given Winston’s history, this should be something that Winston should have thought about to himself and say “You know what, maybe this is in poor taste.” But hey, he’s just a college kid, right?

Because of the big shoes Winston wears representing Florida State, and college football as a Heisman Trophy winner, there will be times when Winston needs to create a filter and think about how his actions will be portrayed and received.

**** ing A

Quote Originally Posted by Spearchucker87
    I changed the order of the paragraphs, but I think maybe NBC does a better job than me of explaining:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...ling-incident/

Winston knows he needs to hold himself to a higher degree of morality. He has stated this himself. Whether you want to believe it or not, Winston is the face of Florida State football right now, and thus the face of the university for the time being. Even if this was just a joke to Winston, his friends and those around him, it does not come off with a positive glow for them or the university.

Given Winston’s history, this should be something that Winston should have thought about to himself and say “You know what, maybe this is in poor taste.” But hey, he’s just a college kid, right?

Because of the big shoes Winston wears representing Florida State, and college football as a Heisman Trophy winner, there will be times when Winston needs to create a filter and think about how his actions will be portrayed and received.

What he did is not funny. It's stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by TC_Nole_OX
    I predicted back during Lobstergate that Jamarcus Winston won't be our qb by the end of the season. He will do something so stupid that they will have no choice but to give him a lengthy suspension or kick him off the team. He is a world class jack azz and his jock sniffing enablers are a big part of the problem.
    I lot of people are saying that. I don’t know. But at this point he comes off that way to the outside world, so from FSU's perspective I’m not sure it makes a whole lot of difference if everything is just accidents, misunderstandings, and memory lapses. I think he’ll make it through the season just fine as he’ll be too busy to get into much trouble. And he’ll lead the team to the playoffs. It'll be great fun, but I won’t be shedding any tears if he goes ahead takes it to the next level and foregos his junior season. He needs to be representing a big city, not a university.

Quote Originally Posted by Spearchucker87
    I think he’ll make it through the season just fine as he’ll be too busy to get into much trouble.
    If FSU is smart, which based on their actions - too many to fully list but logogate and Thrashergate lead the way - they are not, they would assign a bodyguard to Jamarcus 24/7 to protect him from himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nifster
    What he did is not funny. It's stupid.

Hey, no argument from me. It was a vulgar thing to do in public and during my FSU days I didn’t care for it at all when I had to be subject to that kind of crap in a public, co-ed setting. And I’m sure it wasn’t funny for all the co-eds (or even “Eds”) who were there today. But it’s totally funny and fine with some people. Can’t legislate bad taste.

Quote Originally Posted by TC_Nole_OX
    If FSU is smart, which based on their actions - too many to fully list but logogate and Thrashergate lead the way - they are not, they would assign a bodyguard to Jamarcus 24/7 to protect him from himself.
    It's funny in a way but that's exactly what his dad said when a reporter called him at some point after the crab legs incident. You know how reporters are, so he might have been quoted out of context or after a leading question. But in the article I read his dad basically blamed FSU and said we should have somebody with him 24/7 to keep him out of trouble.

He's a dumb (really) smart kid. I remember many of them from my FSU days, it's just that he's world famous.
    You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Why can't this kid behave himself?
    I am going to tear down your safe space
    Brick by brick I shall smash it with glee
    You cannot stop me from getting inside
    I am cold and I am hard and my name is 'Reality'

Quote Originally Posted by NoleSoup4U
    Why can't this kid behave himself?

Because he is, and probably always has been, surrounded by a fleet of nut huggers who will make excuse after excuse for him and insulate him from any consequences because he is good at throwing a football. They are out in full force over on Warchump. If he was a Gator they would be calling for his head. It is the same team sports brain-deadery that you see with the Ds vs Rs.

Yeah, assuming this is true, I'd sit him for a couple games. Kid or not, he needs to get his sh** together.

I was sitting in a CE presented by the Rape Treatment Center today when this news broke. I just can't defend this guy to any extent anymore. Even my girlfriend, who has been a big defender of Winston, referred to him as a ****ing fool when she read about the incident.

Quote Originally Posted by UCLA
    I was sitting in a CE presented by the Rape Treatment Center today when this news broke. I just can't defend this guy to any extent anymore. Even my girlfriend, who has been a big defender of Winston, referred to him as a $%#*%$ fool when she read about the incident.
    referring to him as a " $%#*%$ fool" is probably too nice. And it's a shame - million dollar arm with a five cent head if there ever was one.

Is this a hoax? I've read elsewhere it is.

Thread Information