[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Judge Napolitano: U.S. Is More 'Totalitarian'

Banned

Judge Napolitano: U.S. Is More 'Totalitarian'

Judge Nap: U.S. Is More 'Totalitarian' Than Countries We Opposed in Cold War

Is the United States more or less safe than on 9/11? A recent Fox News poll showed by a slight margin, Americans feel the country is less safe.

The Special Report panel - Judge Andrew Napolitano, Charles Krauthammer and Juan Williams - took on this question on the 13th anniversary of the September 11th terror attacks.

Judge Napolitano says Americans are increasingly accepting the "myth" that they must trade civil liberties in exchange for better security. He believes the poll should ask whether the country is more or less free than before the 9/11 attacks.

"I would say we are profoundly less free. Every single liberty guaranteed in the Bill of Rights has been violated with impunity by the Bush administration and by the Obama administration. ... It is the worst of all worlds because we now have come to a point where we expect the government to spy on us. We don't even complain about it. And our grandchildren will be raised in an environment that will know no privacy," he said.

Bret Baier asked whether the country would have made it 13 years without a major terrorist attack without enhanced security measures, like the NSA and the Patriot Act.

The judge said there has been no major attack because the CIA kills "the bad guys" overseas, not because the NSA spies on "decent, hardworking Americans."

He later said he sees even more totalitarianism in the United States now than in East Germany in 1989.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/09/15...posed-cold-war

Re: Judge Napolitano: U.S. Is More 'Totalitarian'

"He later said he sees even more totalitarianism in the United States now than in East Germany in 1989."

What an idiot.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wordjazz
    "He later said he sees even more totalitarianism in the United States now than in East Germany in 1989."

What an idiot.

I'm sure you get that everywhere you post

Napolitano is the man.

Yeah, can hardly tell the Stasi from the TPD, not to mention the NY City Wall.

What a fool.

Banned

truth hurts

The thing is, everything is secret. We don't know what we don't know. Every time someone from NSA testifies in front of Congress, they are later caught in the lies. The ACLU, which I really dislike, is slowly chipping away. I expect the Supremes to get involved again next term since a couple of circuits have interesting NSA cases.

What an idiot.
    No habeas corpus. Massive theft of the poor and middle class by the rich and politically connected. Constant spying on it's citizens. People being held without due process. It's not really any better.
    I am going to tear down your safe space
    Brick by brick I shall smash it with glee
    You cannot stop me from getting inside
    I am cold and I am hard and my name is 'Reality'

Quote Originally Posted by finance85
    The thing is, everything is secret. We don't know what we don't know. Every time someone from NSA testifies in front of Congress, they are later caught in the lies. The ACLU, which I really dislike, is slowly chipping away. I expect the Supremes to get involved again next term since a couple of circuits have interesting NSA cases.

Yeah. Two of my neighbors just disappeared one night about 5 years ago and their houses are still empty. Then there's all people shot trying to cross the NY City Wall to escape to Long Island. I took this shot on the morning of last years World's Biggest Cocktail Party. It's Orange Park on US 17.

Yeah. Two of my neighbors just disappeared one night about 5 years ago and their houses are still empty. Then there's all people shot trying to cross the NY City Wall to escape to Long Island. I took this shot on the morning of last years World's Biggest Cocktail Party. It's Orange Park on US 17.

You don't need a wall to keep people in anymore. Where are they going to run to? The bankers have you wherever you go and that's all that matters. That's why, when you guys say, "if you don't like it, move", it shows that you really don't know what you're talking about. There is no place to go to escape it.
    I am going to tear down your safe space
    Brick by brick I shall smash it with glee
    You cannot stop me from getting inside
    I am cold and I am hard and my name is 'Reality'

Banned

Let them eat cake,... right ****?

You're really going to play that card when we just experienced this?

Welcome to East Germany... er... Ferguson, Missouri.

I lived in a totalitarian dictator under Fujimore --with a constant police state (curfews, random searchs, people disappearing in the middle of the night). The US is a far cry from that. I believe that the judge is being hyperbolic to prove a point and add some flash to his presentation to garner more profit.

Help me out here. Is having zero historical perspective and being a drama queen required to be a libertarian?

Help me out here. Is having zero historical perspective and being a drama queen required to be a libertarian?
    If you haven't noticed the tyranny creep, you're not paying attention. We're not losing our liberties in one fell swoop like what happens when there's a military coup. We're slowly losing our liberties and we're too busy watching funny cat youtube videos to notice.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Tradition
    If you haven't noticed the tyranny creep, you're not paying attention. We're not losing our liberties in one fell swoop like what happens when there's a military coup. We're slowly losing our liberties and we're too busy watching funny cat youtube videos to notice.
    Uh, yeah. Right (cough, cough, holds his crossed fingers behind his back.) Maybe you should compare that photo of the Ferguson cops (who did pretty much nothing except look scary, which did not deter any protesters) with this one of the Birmingham cops - maybe you've seen it before.

or this:

So, things are getting worse, huh?

Considering that the NSA is collecting "metadata" on me, whether I'm down at the protest or not, yes, I'd say things are worse today.

Considering that the NSA is collecting "metadata" on me, whether I'm down at the protest or not, yes, I'd say things are worse today.
    Of course you would. You've conflated your puny first world problems to match your outsized opinion of yourself as a victimized minority and closet freedom fighter. God forbid you ever find out what real tyranny is like.

Banned

Of course you would. You've conflated your puny first world problems to match your outsized opinion of yourself as a victimized minority and closet freedom fighter. God forbid you ever find out what real tyranny is like.

Damn you are a stupid mo fo

Thread Information