[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Thread: Poll: GOP has edge on immigration

Poll: GOP has edge on immigration

Nearly two-thirds of likely voters in battleground races this fall disapprove of President Barack Obama’s handling of immigration, according to a new POLITICO poll — a public rebuke that comes after the White House grappled with the border crisis and reversed on a pledge to take executive action on deportations by the end of the summer.

The poll found that 35 percent of voters in the most competitive House and Senate races this fall said they approved of how Obama has dealt with immigration, compared with 64 percent who said they disapproved of the president’s handling of the issue. And by a narrow margin, more voters said they trust the GOP over Democrats on immigration.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/09/g ... z3DRE8vFVl

Re: Poll: GOP has edge on immigration

I suspect that if we had a Republican president this would be reversed. Protesting children fleeing violence and poverty is not an immigration policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Huey Grey
    I suspect that if we had a Republican president this would be reversed. Protesting children fleeing violence and poverty is not an immigration policy.
    I'm pretty sure most people realize that Obama pretty much invited the children in. Those same people don't blame the children, they recognize the danger of children crossing Mexico in the hands of coyotes, and understand the US is broke and can't support all of the children of the world at the expense of the children in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by finance85
    I'm pretty sure most people realize that Obama pretty much invited the children in. Those same people don't blame the children, they recognize the danger of children crossing Mexico in the hands of coyotes, and understand the US is broke and can't support all of the children of the world at the expense of the children in the US.
    Invited them in with a piece of legislation that both Bush and the rest of the Republicans supported before Obama was even President?

If we cannot afford to be policeman of the world, we surely cannot be the babysitter either.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacedog

If we cannot afford to be policeman of the world, we surely cannot be the babysitter either.
    I wouldn't call protecting children fleeing gangs threatening them with rape and murder, babysitting. We would only have to spend a fraction of a fraction of what we spend on the world's most expensive military to help this problem.

[quote=Huey Grey]
    Quote Originally Posted by finance85
    Quote Originally Posted by "Huey Grey":yhal6v7c
    Invited them in with a piece of legislation that both Bush and the rest of the Republicans supported before Obama was even President?[/quote:yhal6v7c]

Yes, that's definitely part of it. BTW, I didn't support Bush on much, so adding him to the argument doesn't affect me much. Obama has definitely gone way beyond that legislation though, and it's taken 5 years for the word to get out.

Its always "but Bush" with the dems when they defend Obama. I thought Obama was supposed to bring CHANGE. I've seen business as usual with this administration, and in probably a more covert manner that previously experienced.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

Thread Information