[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Thread: Letter to the Democrat editor on John Thrasher

Letter to the Democrat editor on John Thrasher

Obama as FSU’s president?

In reading the paid advertisement against John Thrasher’s candidacy for FSU president (page 4A, Sept. 4), I found it to be, at best, hypocritical. Some reasons given against him (his expressing opposition to same-sex partner benefits 19 years ago, not having a doctoral degree, receiving campaign funds from philanthropists/ befriending radicals) would be the same reasons that Barack Obama would not be fit to be FSU’s president. My guess is those who penned the advertisement would look the other way if Obama were a candidate.

They could have saved a lot of money and ad space had they just written: “Thrasher not suitable for FSU job because he is a Republican and knows the Koch brothers.”

JD BAUSERMAN

FSU Class of 1991 Jdnole@gmail.com

Re: Letter to the Democrat editor on John Thrasher

Quote Originally Posted by Bill From Tampa
    Obama as FSU’s president?

In reading the paid advertisement against John Thrasher’s candidacy for FSU president (page 4A, Sept. 4), I found it to be, at best, hypocritical. Some reasons given against him (his expressing opposition to same-sex partner benefits 19 years ago, not having a doctoral degree, receiving campaign funds from philanthropists/ befriending radicals) would be the same reasons that Barack Obama would not be fit to be FSU’s president. My guess is those who penned the advertisement would look the other way if Obama were a candidate.

They could have saved a lot of money and ad space had they just written: “Thrasher not suitable for FSU job because he is a Republican and knows the Koch brothers.”

JD BAUSERMAN

FSU Class of 1991 Jdnole@gmail.com

Obama would probably be more qualified than Thrasher. (This from the NUMBER ONE PhD in Haterism of Obama) I hope Thrasher doesn't get it.

He'd never take that job though. He would have to release his transcripts then. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill From Tampa
    He'd never take that job though. He would have to release his transcripts then. :-)

Nah, he would find an exemption to the rule or claim racism for having to provide those documents.

Thread Information