[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43

Thread: Women, youths, and Hispanics have lost confidence in Obama

  1. #1

    Women, youths, and Hispanics have lost confidence in Obama

    Kimberly Cole was part of the coalition that voted in 2008 to make Barack Obama the 44th president and gave him another four years in 2012 to deliver on his promises of hope and change.

    Now, the 36-year-old mother of three young children in Valencia, Calif., is among the majority of Americans who have lost confidence in Obama’s leadership and the job he is doing as president.

    “He’s been faced with a lot of challenges, and he’s lost his way,” Cole said in an interview. She worries that Obama lacks the resolve needed at a time when things at home and abroad are looking scarier.

    On the other side of the country, Karlene Richardson, 44, once counted herself a “very strong supporter” of the president. But now she feels much the same as Cole does.

    “Honestly, I just feel that what I bought into is not what I’m getting,” said Richardson, an author and motivational speaker who teaches health-care administration at a community college in Queens. “I’m starting to wonder whether the world takes us seriously.”

    Both Cole and Richardson were surveyed in the latest Washington Post-ABC News poll and represent one of its most striking findings: the degree to which the president’s approval has slipped among key parts of the Obama coalition — the women, youth and Latino voters most responsible for putting him into office.

    Women surveyed said they disapprove of Obama by a 50 percent to 44 percent margin — nearing an all-time low in the poll. It’s almost the reverse of the 55 percent to 44 percent breakdown for Obama among female voters in 2012, according to exit polls.

    His approval rating among women has slipped four percentage points from a year ago and 16 points since his second inaugural in January 2013, when his approval was 60 percent among the group.

    Among younger voting-age Americans, Obama’s approval rating stood at 43 percent. That marked an 11-point drop since June among those 18 to 29 years old. Voters younger than 30 supported Obama by 60 percent to 37 percent in 2012.

    Meanwhile, support for Obama among Hispanics stood at 57 percent, which is down markedly from the first half of 2013, when approval among Latinos soared to about 75 percent.

    Obama’s support remains solid among African Americans, with 87 percent approving of his job performance. That is a modest erosion from the 93 percent of black voters who supported his reelection.

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...a37_story.html

  2. #2

    Re: Women, youths, and Hispanics have lost confidence in Oba

    Ask those same people what they think of Republicans and you'll cry when you see the results.

  3. #3

    Re: Women, youths, and Hispanics have lost confidence in Oba

    You're saying they'll hold out for another charlatan who promises to pay off their mortgages?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Home of the Syrupmakers
    Posts
    10,814

    Re: Women, youths, and Hispanics have lost confidence in Oba

    What the Dumbass Communist doesn't realize, is the dissatisfaction with the Republican party, is due to the RINO's that are currently in the party. Once they have been voted out. Then the Republican party won't be Democrat Light.

  5. #5

    Re: Women, youths, and Hispanics have lost confidence in Oba

    Quote Originally Posted by The Tradition
    You're saying they'll hold out for another charlatan who promises to pay off their mortgages?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI

    No, I'm saying they won't vote for a party that is rife with racists, cuddles with religious nuts who despise unmarried women having sex and like to send their boyfriends over seas to be killed in illegal wars.

    Is that enough or should I keep going?

  6. #6

    Re: Women, youths, and Hispanics have lost confidence in Oba

    Quote Originally Posted by Guckster
    What the Dumbass Communist doesn't realize, is the dissatisfaction with the Republican party, is due to the RINO's that are currently in the party. Once they have been voted out. Then the Republican party won't be Democrat Light.
    But this won't happen. The establishment GOPers have done quite well in 2014 keeping the Tea Party out.

  7. #7

    Re: Women, youths, and Hispanics have lost confidence in Oba

    Don't you love how Guck includes the far right in the "dissatisfied" with the GOP to argue that the GOP should move more to the right to be more popular (but ignores the moderate votes the GOP would lose if the GOP did get more conservative).

  8. #8

    Re: Women, youths, and Hispanics have lost confidence in Oba

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Nole
    Don't you love how Guck includes the far right in the "dissatisfied" with the GOP to argue that the GOP should move more to the right to be more popular (but ignores the moderate votes the GOP would lose if the GOP did get more conservative).
    It doesn't have anything to do with that. It has to do with uneducated people being satisfied with meager handouts handed out by the person in front of them while they're being robbed blind by the person behind them. People shouldn't be voting for either party. They both are robbing the common man blind in order to pay friends.
    I am going to tear down your safe space
    Brick by brick I shall smash it with glee
    You cannot stop me from getting inside
    I am cold and I am hard and my name is 'Reality'

  9. #9

    Re: Women, youths, and Hispanics have lost confidence in Oba

    Quote Originally Posted by NoleSoup4U
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Nole
    Don't you love how Guck includes the far right in the "dissatisfied" with the GOP to argue that the GOP should move more to the right to be more popular (but ignores the moderate votes the GOP would lose if the GOP did get more conservative).
    It doesn't have anything to do with that. It has to do with uneducated people being satisfied with meager handouts handed out by the person in front of them while they're being robbed blind by the person behind them. People shouldn't be voting for either party. They both are robbing the common man blind in order to pay friends.

    Unresponsive, but duly noted.

    Your vision of how society should be structured was put in intensive care the day the 19th amendment passed and died the day the Voting Rights Act was passed.

    Your vision is incompatible with vigorous voting rights (even in a Republican democratic system) for the bulk of adult citizens. You want 19th century American "hands off" government and a puny federal system - make sure on wealthy men can vote.

    Otherwise, lime the rest of planet Earth that has broad voting rights - socialism, to some degree, wins the political war every time.

  10. #10

    Re: Women, youths, and Hispanics have lost confidence in Oba

    [quote=Brooklyn Nole]
    Quote Originally Posted by NoleSoup4U
    Quote Originally Posted by "Brooklyn Nole":25zgq7q3
    Don't you love how Guck includes the far right in the "dissatisfied" with the GOP to argue that the GOP should move more to the right to be more popular (but ignores the moderate votes the GOP would lose if the GOP did get more conservative).
    It doesn't have anything to do with that. It has to do with uneducated people being satisfied with meager handouts handed out by the person in front of them while they're being robbed blind by the person behind them. People shouldn't be voting for either party. They both are robbing the common man blind in order to pay friends.

    Unresponsive, but duly noted.

    Your vision of how society should be structured was put in intensive care the day the 19th amendment passed and died the day the Voting Rights Act was passed.

    Your vision is incompatible with vigorous voting rights (even in a Republican democratic system) for the bulk of adult citizens. You want 19th century American "hands off" government and a puny federal system - make sure on wealthy men can vote.

    Otherwise, lime the rest of planet Earth that has broad voting rights - socialism, to some degree, wins the political war every time.[/quote:25zgq7q3]


    If it's so incompatible, then why do I feel like everyone has the right to vote? I have never once, on any message board or in real life, made a statement that some people shouldn't be allowed to vote. That just shows me that you don't have the mental acuity to understand my position.
    I am going to tear down your safe space
    Brick by brick I shall smash it with glee
    You cannot stop me from getting inside
    I am cold and I am hard and my name is 'Reality'

  11. #11

    Re: Women, youths, and Hispanics have lost confidence in Oba

    [quote=Brooklyn Nole]
    Quote Originally Posted by NoleSoup4U
    Quote Originally Posted by "Brooklyn Nole":h1ethga1
    Don't you love how Guck includes the far right in the "dissatisfied" with the GOP to argue that the GOP should move more to the right to be more popular (but ignores the moderate votes the GOP would lose if the GOP did get more conservative).
    It doesn't have anything to do with that. It has to do with uneducated people being satisfied with meager handouts handed out by the person in front of them while they're being robbed blind by the person behind them. People shouldn't be voting for either party. They both are robbing the common man blind in order to pay friends.

    Unresponsive, but duly noted.

    Your vision of how society should be structured was put in intensive care the day the 19th amendment passed and died the day the Voting Rights Act was passed.

    Your vision is incompatible with vigorous voting rights (even in a Republican democratic system) for the bulk of adult citizens. You want 19th century American "hands off" government and a puny federal system - make sure on wealthy men can vote.

    Otherwise, lime the rest of planet Earth that has broad voting rights - socialism, to some degree, wins the political war every time.[/quote:h1ethga1]


    Gotta love it when the ignorant try to give a history lesson.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.


    Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

  12. #12

    Re: Women, youths, and Hispanics have lost confidence in Oba

    I think we have a simple misunderstanding.

    I don't believe you advocate eliminating certain classes of people from voting (though a number of conservatives on this board and WC have advocated such positions - particularly wishing that any citizen receiving entitlements be ineligible).

    I simply wish to point out that broad and easy access to vote results in socialist policies being enacted by government. And I believe the evidence in modern western sovereign states amply demonstrates that point.

  13. #13

    Re: Women, youths, and Hispanics have lost confidence in Oba

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Nole
    I think we have a simple misunderstanding.

    I don't believe you advocate eliminating certain classes of people from voting (though a number of conservatives on this board and WC have advocated such positions - particularly wishing that any citizen receiving entitlements be ineligible).

    I simply wish to point out that broad and easy access to vote results in socialist policies being enacted by government. And I believe the evidence in modern western sovereign states amply demonstrates that point.
    Socialism had nothing to do with people being given the right to vote. Socialism is purely an economic theory.
    I am going to tear down your safe space
    Brick by brick I shall smash it with glee
    You cannot stop me from getting inside
    I am cold and I am hard and my name is 'Reality'

  14. #14

    Re: Women, youths, and Hispanics have lost confidence in Oba

    Quote Originally Posted by NoleSoup4U
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Nole
    I think we have a simple misunderstanding.

    I don't believe you advocate eliminating certain classes of people from voting (though a number of conservatives on this board and WC have advocated such positions - particularly wishing that any citizen receiving entitlements be ineligible).

    I simply wish to point out that broad and easy access to vote results in socialist policies being enacted by government. And I believe the evidence in modern western sovereign states amply demonstrates that point.
    Socialism had nothing to do with people being given the right to vote. Socialism is purely an economic theory.
    Yes, it is a theory - but the policies drafted in furtherance of the theory do motivate citizens to vote for candidates who support said policies. And this happens in EVERY country which provides broad access to voting. Ergo, I believe one can conclude voting access leads to the enactment of socialist policies.

  15. #15

    Re: Women, youths, and Hispanics have lost confidence in Oba

    [quote=Brooklyn Nole]
    Quote Originally Posted by NoleSoup4U
    Quote Originally Posted by "Brooklyn Nole":1229t4e6
    I think we have a simple misunderstanding.

    I don't believe you advocate eliminating certain classes of people from voting (though a number of conservatives on this board and WC have advocated such positions - particularly wishing that any citizen receiving entitlements be ineligible).

    I simply wish to point out that broad and easy access to vote results in socialist policies being enacted by government. And I believe the evidence in modern western sovereign states amply demonstrates that point.
    Socialism had nothing to do with people being given the right to vote. Socialism is purely an economic theory.
    Yes, it is a theory - but the policies drafted in furtherance of the theory do motivate citizens to vote for candidates who support said policies. And this happens in EVERY country which provides broad access to voting. Ergo, I believe one can conclude voting access leads to the enactment of socialist policies.[/quote:1229t4e6]

    I agree that candidates might be socialistic as well as believe in voting rights for all, but the two are not reliant upon each other.
    I am going to tear down your safe space
    Brick by brick I shall smash it with glee
    You cannot stop me from getting inside
    I am cold and I am hard and my name is 'Reality'

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Home of the Syrupmakers
    Posts
    10,814

    Re: Women, youths, and Hispanics have lost confidence in Oba

    Socialism will be a thing of the past, once the DOLLAR COLLAPSES ....


    And the Board communist will not have a leg to stand on.

    Think of the 17 TRILLION in Debt, as a Boat, taking on Water.

    Only Brooklyn thinks we can keep taking on water indefinitely....

    The policies he supports, will cause the DOLLAR Crash...SOONER rather than LATER.

    It is coming!

  17. #17

    Re: Women, youths, and Hispanics have lost confidence in Oba

    I disagree.

    I think the evidence demonstrates that greater voting access parallels the rise in popularity of socialist policies.

    Certainly we have not seen policies in modern western democracies become more free market over the past 80-100 years when broad access to voting became the norm.

  18. #18

    Re: Women, youths, and Hispanics have lost confidence in Oba

    A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship.

    - unknown author

  19. #19

    Re: Women, youths, and Hispanics have lost confidence in Oba

    Famous quote - but pointless being that most true modern democracies came into being over the past 200-250 years and most of them are alive and kicking.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Home of the Syrupmakers
    Posts
    10,814

    Re: Women, youths, and Hispanics have lost confidence in Oba

    Quote Originally Posted by The Tradition
    A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship.

    - unknown author

    Yep,... which is why we are 17 TRILLION In Debt.

    It is fun talking to Brook about the Dollar Collapse


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Copyright © 2013 www.BigDelivery.com - All Rights Reserved - Copyright © 2014 www.TheDailyNole.com - All Rights Reserved
This website is an independently operated source of news and information not affiliated with any school or team.
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO