[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Thread: Turkey says no

Turkey says no

Seems the Turks don't want any part of The One's coalition.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014...to-fight-isis/

Re: Turkey says no

"...On Thursday, ministers representing Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates offered their support...

..Nato member Turkey was also at the Jeddah meeting, but did not sign the communique. Mr Kerry downplayed the move, saying the important US ally was dealing with some "sensitive issues" but remained "very engaged and has been very involved".

John Kerry was exhausted by his marathon day of meetings but pleased at its result: the Arabs' embrace of Barack Obama's strategy to combat Islamic State. It's crucial to the plan that Arab governments see this as much their war as America's.

Not everything went according to script. Turkey didn't sign the communique - because of "sensitive issues", said Mr Kerry, presumably the 49 Turkish hostages held by the militants - but was "very engaged"....

...Turkey has reportedly been reluctant to take a prominent role in the coalition, partly out of concern for the 49 Turkish citizens being held hostage by IS."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-29166372

Perhaps the Kurdish issue has them spooked, or maybe if only Obama looked and talked like John Wayne. You know how impressionable these foreign leaders are - like little children.

Quote Originally Posted by wordjazz
    "...On Thursday, ministers representing Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates offered their support...

..Nato member Turkey was also at the Jeddah meeting, but did not sign the communique. Mr Kerry downplayed the move, saying the important US ally was dealing with some "sensitive issues" but remained "very engaged and has been very involved".

John Kerry was exhausted by his marathon day of meetings but pleased at its result: the Arabs' embrace of Barack Obama's strategy to combat Islamic State. It's crucial to the plan that Arab governments see this as much their war as America's.

Not everything went according to script. Turkey didn't sign the communique - because of "sensitive issues", said Mr Kerry, presumably the 49 Turkish hostages held by the militants - but was "very engaged"....

...Turkey has reportedly been reluctant to take a prominent role in the coalition, partly out of concern for the 49 Turkish citizens being held hostage by IS."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-29166372

Perhaps the Kurdish issue has them spooked, or maybe if only Obama looked and talked like John Wayne. You know how impressionable these foreign leaders are - like little children.
    So stupid.

I say we let the Muslim world deal with their Muslim psycho cousins if they can't participate.

I would imagine the problem is being allied with the Kurds.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacedog
    I say we let the Muslim world deal with their Muslim psycho cousins if they can't participate.
    We need to do this regardless.
    I am going to tear down your safe space
    Brick by brick I shall smash it with glee
    You cannot stop me from getting inside
    I am cold and I am hard and my name is 'Reality'

Thread Information