[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sixth graders asked to compare Bush and Hitler

Sixth graders asked to compare Bush and Hitler

A sixth-grade teacher at a Washington, D.C. public school will apologize to students but otherwise is receiving no punishment whatsoever for sending students home with an assignment this week instructing them to use a Venn diagram to compare former President George W. Bush and Adolf Hitler.

The teacher is employed at McKinley Tech Middle School, a taxpayer-funded school in the Northeast quadrant of the nation’s capital, NBC Washington reports.

The Washington Times obtained a copy of the assignment, which innovatively melds together the Holocaust and the Iraq war.

“Now that we have read about two men of power who abused their power in various ways, we will compare and contrast them and their actions,” the directions explain. “Please refer to your texts, ‘Fighting Hitler — A Holocaust Story’ and ‘Bush: Iraq War Justified Despite No WMD’ to compare and contrast former President George W. Bush and Hitler. We will use this in class tomorrow for an activity!”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/11/sixth ... z3D1CyKkm3

I would have simply wrote "There's no comparison." Homework's done!

Re: Sixth graders asked to compare Bush and Hitler

You would have written, not wrote.

Can't wait for all of the "we hate PC" crowd to chime in.

I'd think if you looked deep enough you could likely find one comparison, even if miniscule. Hell, you could probably find one comparison between Hitler and every president.

How could this teacher think that this was at all appropriate?

People need to stop trying to compare everything and everyone to the Holocaust and to Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne

I'd think if you looked deep enough you could likely find one comparison, even if miniscule. Hell, you could probably find one comparison between Hitler and every president.

Let's see.

1. Forced invasion of a sovereign state in violation of international law - check.

2. Torture - check.

3. Illegal government spying on its own citizens - check.

And that's for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by michael222
    People need to stop trying to compare everything and everyone to the Holocaust and to Hitler.
    Agreed. It denigrates the horror of what really took place during this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Huey Grey

OK - so Bush is not a Satan worshipping Nazi who started a world war and killed millions.

Still, hundreds of 1000's died because of his illegal and blood thirsty act. When he meets St. Peter he's got lots of 'splaining to do.

[quote=Brooklyn Nole]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Huey Grey":2ztf76pb

OK - so Bush is not a Satan worshipping Nazi who started a world war and killed millions.

Still, hundreds of 1000's died because of his illegal and blood thirsty act. When he meets St. Peter he's got lots of 'splaining to do.[/quote:2ztf76pb]

Selective memory is a great thing

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Nole

Let's see.

1. Forced invasion of a sovereign state in violation of international law - check.

2. Torture - check.

And that's for starters.
    I'm sorry... was Poland shooting at Nazi planes attempting to enforce a U.N. mandated "no fly" zone?

It wasn't even a League of Nations mandated 'no fly zone'.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

[quote=BigBlueNole]
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Nole
    Quote Originally Posted by "Huey Grey":2fe7k29k

Still, hundreds of 1000's died because of his illegal and blood thirsty act. When he meets St. Peter he's got lots of 'splaining to do.

Selective memory is a great thing[/quote:2fe7k29k]

What was selective? There are some comparisons between Bush and Hitler. That doesn't make Bush equivalent to Hitler.

[quote=The Tradition]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Brooklyn Nole":2qyo7jk6

Let's see.

2. Torture - check.

And that's for starters.
    I'm sorry... was Poland shooting at Nazi planes attempting to enforce a U.N. mandated "no fly" zone?[/quote:2qyo7jk6]

Right. Taking a few shots at our planes totally justified a full scale invasion resulting in 100's of 1000's of dead people. I see you haven't taken your Xanex today Trad.

Like he said, selective memory at its finest.

Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

Quote Originally Posted by NoleGrad83
    Like he said, selective memory at its finest.

Like I said - protect mass murderer Bush at all costs.

Perhaps you should have taken your Xanax today.

Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

Quote Originally Posted by NoleGrad83
    Perhaps you should have taken your Xanax today.

What a POS tool you are for even trying to deflect away the obvious truth of all the piles of dead bodies resulting from Bush's illegal invasion.

Folks - it's a Venn diagram. It's not just comparing the two. It's compare AND contrast. Heck, you can even do this for apples and oranges. However, I don't think it's a valuable lesson for sixth graders at this time. This should be more in the early HS years.

Quote Originally Posted by Huey Grey
    How could this teacher think that this was at all appropriate?
    Because some Dems still can't get over W?

I am glad you asked that question, though. There have been times I've been concerned that you just went by the talking points. :D

Quote Originally Posted by caller
    Folks - it's a Venn diagram. It's not just comparing the two. It's compare AND contrast. Heck, you can even do this for apples and oranges. However, I don't think it's a valuable lesson for sixth graders at this time. This should be more in the early HS years.
    Hitler and any US POTUS should never be in the same sentence. This teacher should be fired.

it's shooting at our country's war planes and pilots is not an act of war, then I don't know what is.

Thread Information