[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Thread: The Plagiarizer in Chief BHO

The Plagiarizer in Chief BHO

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... lier-bush/

I would imagine that if you are really a Democrat, his speech last night had to make you go into a full spin cycle caniption fit.

Re: The Plagiarizer in Chief BHO

Quote Originally Posted by Pacedog
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/sep/10/chastened-obama-sounds-awful-lot-earlier-bush/

I would imagine that if you are really a Democrat, his speech last night had to make you go into a full spin cycle caniption fit.

I'm a democrat and like most according to polling, i liked the speech. Why would democrats in particular object?

Quote Originally Posted by wordjazz
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/sep/10/chastened-obama-sounds-awful-lot-earlier-bush/

I'm a democrat and like most according to polling, i liked the speech. Why would democrats in particular object?

His entire 2008/2012 campaign was vilifying Bush 41 on Iraq involvement and here we are again with already 1500 boots on the ground in Iraq and more headed that direction. Get up to speed and quit living in denial.

All that was missing was the word "yellowcake" and it would have sounded just like a Bush speech.

His entire 2008/2012 campaign was vilifying Bush 41 on Iraq involvement and here we are again with already 1500 boots on the ground in Iraq and more headed that direction. Get up to speed and quit living in denial.
    To be fair, and we must try to be fair, none of those 1500 troops are designated as combat troops by Obama.

Now I don't know the answer, but I'd be asking if those troops are getting combat pay. To that end, if I'm a soldier stationed in a hostile area, and subject to getting shot at or blown up, I'm wondering why I don't get combat pay. Actually, I know the answer, which is the CiC cares more about the label than he cares about my life, and my family's livelihood.

Yeah, absolutely no difference between a full scale invasion and target bombing. None.

Thanks for making this point.

Yeah, absolutely no difference between a full scale invasion and target bombing. None.

you're not going to defeat Islamic state with only the passing game. it'll take a ground game to win.

I think Chris Berman that used to say "You can't stop him, you can only hope to contain him!"

That's how I feel about ISIS, al Qaeda, etc. We can't defeat an ideology and we can't defeat a birthrate. The only option is to try to contain these groups and limit their reach and influence.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tradition

you're not going to defeat Islamic state with only the passing game. it'll take a ground game to win.
    Sorry, you're on the wrong thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMtNole
    I think Chris Berman that used to say "You can't stop him, you can only hope to contain him!"

That's how I feel about ISIS, al Qaeda, etc. We can't defeat an ideology and we can't defeat a birthrate. The only option is to try to contain these groups and limit their reach and influence.
    Really? Saddam contained his people quite well. He was ruthless in doing so and was equally efficient at making an example out of most anyone he thought would upset his egg cart.

You can do more than contain these morons. It would take fighting like we did in WW II. I don't know how many people here had grandfathers and such that fought WW II, but it was fought in a way to WIN and not TIE or make it to where the former enemy would like us after we were done whipping their butt. It would require letting the generals do what they need to do and untying the hand we have had tied behind our back since March 2003. We got close in the first Gulf War of making an example of the Republican Guard on the road to Basra....the carnage there was unbelievable, but it sent a message and when Schwartzkopf took that message to Iraq, "Surrender or we will do this all the way to Baghdad and beyond", the Iraqis were more than willing to cooperate. We should fight to break the will of the enemy. Some of that can be unpleasant, but war isn't a Sunday morning church service. Have the Japanese and the Germans ever wanted to start some _____ since 1945? Nope.

* Actually this "hand tied behind the back" idea goes back to Korea and Truman. Until first Gulf War, we played for the tie or to not piss someone off in Korea and Vietnam.

Thread Information