[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Thread: ‘11 Ways You Know You Live in a Country Run by Idiots’

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Home of the Syrupmakers
    Posts
    10,817

    ‘11 Ways You Know You Live in a Country Run by Idiots’

    The first one is pretty telling to the argument I was making about the Dollar Crashing. ;)

    Glenn Beck Reads ‘11 Ways You Know You Live in a Country Run by Idiots’

    Glenn Beck opened his radio show Wednesday by reading an article titled, “11 Ways You Know You Live in a Country Run by Idiots.”

    “If your government believes that the best way to eradicate trillions of dollars of debt is to spend trillions more, you live in a country run by idiots,” he said. “If an 80-year-old woman can be strip-searched by the TSA but a woman in a hijab is only subject to having her neck and head searched, you live in a country run by idiots.”

    Beck came across the article on Zero Hedge, but it was posted on the Fellowship of the Minds blog before that. There appears to be some confusion about the original author — Fellowship of the Minds notes that the original author is believed to be Junius P. Long.

    Here are the first five items from the list, via Zero Hedge:

    1. If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally, you live in a country run by idiots.

    2. If you have to get your parents’ permission to go on a field trip or take an aspirin in school, but not to get an abortion, you live in a country run by idiots.

    3. If you have to show identification to board an airplane, cash a check, buy liquor or check out a library book, but not to vote on who runs the government, you live in a country run by idiots.

    4. If the government wants to ban stable, law-abiding citizens from owning gun magazines with more than ten rounds, but gives 20 F-16 fighter jets to the crazy leaders in Egypt, you live in a country run by idiots.

    5. If, in the largest city, you can buy two 16-ounce sodas, but not a 24-ounce soda because 24 ounces of a sugary drink might make you fat, you live in a country run by idiots.

    Beck said he has a friend whose child, around 6 years old, can’t have dairy. Beck said the boy comes home crying because the school forces him to get milk in the cafeteria, even when he says he can’t have it.

    “The mom goes to the lunchroom and says, ‘Guys, he’s got the doctor’s note. He can’t have dairy,’” Beck continued. “The lunch attendants actually say to her, ‘Well, I’m sorry, there’s nothing we can do about it. He has to take all the dairy. … We have to report that we have put all of these things on his plate. So I don’t care if he goes to the end of the line after he checks out and he throws it all in the garbage. He has to throw it all in the garbage.”

    Beck said that with the cost of milk rising, it makes no sense to waste it when there are people who actually need it. He said that’s what happens in a country run by idiots where people are being trained not to think.

    “Don’t think. Don’t use common sense. Doesn’t matter what you know is right. Don’t think,” he said. “This is the beginning of the end of common sense.”

    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...run-by-idiots/

  2. #2

    Re: ‘11 Ways You Know You Live in a Country Run by Idiots’

    That list could go on and on.

  3. #3

    Re: ‘11 Ways You Know You Live in a Country Run by Idiots’

    An article by Glen Beck that rips off a dated Jeff Foxworthy joke. I think the only idiots are the people who take stuff like this seriously.

  4. #4

    Re: ‘11 Ways You Know You Live in a Country Run by Idiots’

    Quote Originally Posted by Huey Grey
    An article by Glen Beck that rips off a dated Jeff Foxworthy joke. I think the only idiots are the people who take stuff like this seriously.
    These things aren't the only problems with the country, but they are problems with the country. To dismiss them so easily is foolish.
    I am going to tear down your safe space
    Brick by brick I shall smash it with glee
    You cannot stop me from getting inside
    I am cold and I am hard and my name is 'Reality'

  5. #5

    Re: ‘11 Ways You Know You Live in a Country Run by Idiots’

    Quote Originally Posted by NoleSoup4U
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey Grey
    An article by Glen Beck that rips off a dated Jeff Foxworthy joke. I think the only idiots are the people who take stuff like this seriously.
    These things aren't the only problems with the country, but they are problems with the country. To dismiss them so easily is foolish.
    Not having easy access to 50 round magazines is a problem?

  6. #6

    Re: ‘11 Ways You Know You Live in a Country Run by Idiots’

    Come on. Beck had to ignore the fact that deportations are actually up under Obama to make his number one fit. This article is nothing more than crap.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Home of the Syrupmakers
    Posts
    10,817

    Re: ‘11 Ways You Know You Live in a Country Run by Idiots’

    Quote Originally Posted by NoleSoup4U
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey Grey
    An article by Glen Beck that rips off a dated Jeff Foxworthy joke. I think the only idiots are the people who take stuff like this seriously.
    These things aren't the only problems with the country, but they are problems with the country. To dismiss them so easily is foolish.

    ^^ this

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Home of the Syrupmakers
    Posts
    10,817

    Re: ‘11 Ways You Know You Live in a Country Run by Idiots’

    Quote Originally Posted by Huey Grey
    Come on. Beck had to ignore the fact that deportations are actually up under Obama to make his number one fit. This article is nothing more than crap.

    Deportation Numbers are EXTREMELY FUDGED. But you believe what you want...

  9. #9

    Re: ‘11 Ways You Know You Live in a Country Run by Idiots’

    Quote Originally Posted by Guckster
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey Grey
    Come on. Beck had to ignore the fact that deportations are actually up under Obama to make his number one fit. This article is nothing more than crap.

    Deportation Numbers are EXTREMELY FUDGED. But you believe what you want...
    Lol. This is the GOPs out for every bit of information they don't like from immigration to evolution to climate change. If you cry wolf enough times people tend to start not believing you. Oh and I guess Beck forgot all about Reagan's Iran contra cover up while writing his number four.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Home of the Syrupmakers
    Posts
    10,817

    Re: ‘11 Ways You Know You Live in a Country Run by Idiots’

    [quote=Huey Grey]
    Quote Originally Posted by Guckster
    Quote Originally Posted by "Huey Grey":2rhqwifa
    Come on. Beck had to ignore the fact that deportations are actually up under Obama to make his number one fit. This article is nothing more than crap.

    Deportation Numbers are EXTREMELY FUDGED. But you believe what you want...
    Lol. This is the GOPs out for every bit of information they don't like from immigration to evolution to climate change. If you cry wolf enough times people tend to start not believing you. Oh and I guess Beck forgot all about Reagan's Iran contra cover up while writing his number four.[/quote:2rhqwifa]


    You are an Idiot, You believe what ever is Spoon fed to you.

  11. #11

    Re: ‘11 Ways You Know You Live in a Country Run by Idiots’

    [quote=Huey Grey]
    Quote Originally Posted by NoleSoup4U
    Quote Originally Posted by "Huey Grey":k1znjevg
    An article by Glen Beck that rips off a dated Jeff Foxworthy joke. I think the only idiots are the people who take stuff like this seriously.
    These things aren't the only problems with the country, but they are problems with the country. To dismiss them so easily is foolish.
    Not having easy access to 50 round magazines is a problem?[/quote:k1znjevg]

    The real problem I took from that was the jets we give away to people that hate us, but yes...there should be no limit to the size of magazines.
    I am going to tear down your safe space
    Brick by brick I shall smash it with glee
    You cannot stop me from getting inside
    I am cold and I am hard and my name is 'Reality'

  12. #12

    Re: ‘11 Ways You Know You Live in a Country Run by Idiots’

    [quote=NoleSoup4U]
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey Grey
    Quote Originally Posted by NoleSoup4U
    Quote Originally Posted by "Huey Grey":2fqxbphd
    An article by Glen Beck that rips off a dated Jeff Foxworthy joke. I think the only idiots are the people who take stuff like this seriously.
    These things aren't the only problems with the country, but they are problems with the country. To dismiss them so easily is foolish.
    Not having easy access to 50 round magazines is a problem?
    The real problem I took from that was the jets we give away to people that hate us, but yes...there should be no limit to the size of magazines.[/quote:2fqxbphd]
    That is a matter of opinion, not fact.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Home of the Syrupmakers
    Posts
    10,817

    Re: ‘11 Ways You Know You Live in a Country Run by Idiots’

    Any attack on FREEDOM is wrong dude.

  14. #14

    Re: ‘11 Ways You Know You Live in a Country Run by Idiots’

    [quote=Huey Grey][quote=NoleSoup4U]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Huey Grey":2bjpt4ma
    Quote Originally Posted by NoleSoup4U
    Quote Originally Posted by "Huey Grey":2bjpt4ma
    An article by Glen Beck that rips off a dated Jeff Foxworthy joke. I think the only idiots are the people who take stuff like this seriously.
    These things aren't the only problems with the country, but they are problems with the country. To dismiss them so easily is foolish.
    Not having easy access to 50 round magazines is a problem?
    The real problem I took from that was the jets we give away to people that hate us, but yes...there should be no limit to the size of magazines.[/quote:2bjpt4ma]
    That is a matter of opinion, not fact.[/quote:2bjpt4ma]

    Pretty much everything we discuss here is a matter of opinion and not fact. What is your point? Are you happy that people starve in this country while your president is giving away fighter jets to people who are just as likely to use them on us as they are our common enemy(at least at this point in time)?
    I am going to tear down your safe space
    Brick by brick I shall smash it with glee
    You cannot stop me from getting inside
    I am cold and I am hard and my name is 'Reality'

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Home of the Syrupmakers
    Posts
    10,817

    Re: ‘11 Ways You Know You Live in a Country Run by Idiots’


  16. #16

    Re: ‘11 Ways You Know You Live in a Country Run by Idiots’

    Quote Originally Posted by Huey Grey
    Come on. Beck had to ignore the fact that deportations are actually up under Obama to make his number one fit. This article is nothing more than crap.
    You know this administration changed how the stats work, right? They now count those turned away as deportations, in addition to those who are actually deported the old fashioned way.

  17. #17

    Re: ‘11 Ways You Know You Live in a Country Run by Idiots’

    Beck is certainly a joke in many ways, but he's on target with these things as symptoms that everyone can understand to demonstrate how f*cked up everything is.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Home of the Syrupmakers
    Posts
    10,817

    Re: ‘11 Ways You Know You Live in a Country Run by Idiots’

    Quote Originally Posted by finance85
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey Grey
    Come on. Beck had to ignore the fact that deportations are actually up under Obama to make his number one fit. This article is nothing more than crap.
    You know this administration changed how the stats work, right? They now count those turned away as deportations, in addition to those who are actually deported the old fashioned way.

    ^^This,... this is exactly what I was referring to.

  19. #19

    Re: ‘11 Ways You Know You Live in a Country Run by Idiots’

    Quote Originally Posted by finance85
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey Grey
    Come on. Beck had to ignore the fact that deportations are actually up under Obama to make his number one fit. This article is nothing more than crap.
    You know this administration changed how the stats work, right? They now count those turned away as deportations, in addition to those who are actually deported the old fashioned way.
    It wasn't this administration. The method of counting deportation was changed in 2008, before the Bammer took office.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Home of the Syrupmakers
    Posts
    10,817

    Re: ‘11 Ways You Know You Live in a Country Run by Idiots’

    Quote Originally Posted by Fijimn
    Quote Originally Posted by finance85
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey Grey
    Come on. Beck had to ignore the fact that deportations are actually up under Obama to make his number one fit. This article is nothing more than crap.
    You know this administration changed how the stats work, right? They now count those turned away as deportations, in addition to those who are actually deported the old fashioned way.
    It wasn't this administration. The method of counting deportation was changed in 2008, before the Bammer took office.

    Right before....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Copyright © 2013 www.BigDelivery.com - All Rights Reserved - Copyright © 2014 www.TheDailyNole.com - All Rights Reserved
This website is an independently operated source of news and information not affiliated with any school or team.
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO