[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Thread: Okay, let's get this party started....

Okay, let's get this party started....

WASHINGTON — When President Obama announced in June that he planned to bypass congressional gridlock and overhaul the nation’s immigration system on his own, he did so in a most public way: a speech in the White House Rose Garden.

Since then, the process of drafting what will likely be the only significant immigration changes of his presidency — and his most consequential use of executive power — has been conducted almost entirely behind closed doors, where lobbyists and interest groups invited to the White House are making their case out of public view.

Mr. Obama’s increasingly expansive appetite for the use of unilateral action on issues including immigration, tax policy and gay rights has emboldened activists and businesses to flock to the administration with their policy wish lists. It also has opened the president, already facing charges of executive overreach, to criticism that he is presiding over opaque policy-making, with the potential to reward political backers at the expense of other interests, including some on the losing side who are threatening to sue.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/19/us/po ... .html?_r=0

Re: Okay, let's get this party started....

In....SoProud here..

Obama doing what he has to do. He has, and has had for a long time, no other real options.

That's some real transparency if I've ever seen it.

Oh yeah, and y'all should know who I am. :twisted:
    I am going to tear down your safe space
    Brick by brick I shall smash it with glee
    You cannot stop me from getting inside
    I am cold and I am hard and my name is 'Reality'

I thought he was going to usher in a new era of transparency.

Banned

Imagine that.

Most transparent admin EVAH! He's going to do this until the brutal end.
    Generally speakin’: You ain’t learnin’ nothing when you’re the one doin’ the talkin

GOP are pussies so Obama will continue to stomp them, knowing they won't do a thing about it. As well he should.

Hey, this IS the RC

Obama's pretty much irrelevant. I hope the GOP wins control of both houses just to see him pout.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Nole
    GOP are playing this correctly so Obama will continue to annoy them, knowing they decided not to do a thing about it.
    Fixed
    Generally speakin’: You ain’t learnin’ nothing when you’re the one doin’ the talkin

Thread Information