[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Thread: Do You Believe Goodel and the NFL

Do You Believe Goodel and the NFL

They claim that they did not have the video from inside the elevator. That may be true, but they knew there was another video; but it didn't seem that they worked real hard to obtain it. I also love how the NFL's lap dog ESPN didn't obtain the video...leave it up to little ol' TMZ Sports.

Re: Do You Believe Goodel and the NFL

No, I don't believe that.

And what kind of an arrogant, narcisistic prick makes a comment like this, in particular the bolded part.

In a press conference in July, Rice said his actions were "inexcusable" and that he and his wife are in counseling.

"We're taking the necessary steps to move forward," he said. "My job is to lead my family. My job is to lead my wife. My job is to lead in whatever I do. And If I'm not being the example, then my family crumbles."

I believe one of the people who said the NFL had tape from inside the elevator was Jane McManus of ESPN.

The league said that they did not have the footage from inside the elevator.

Quote Originally Posted by Fijimn
    The league said that they did not have the footage from inside the elevator.
    Looks like that may have been a big lie.

Not sure what to believe. I do know that people like Ray Rice do not belong in the nfl.

I like how he waits until the doors are closed to cold-cock her. Does that make you feel like a man, Ray? Why not beat her in front of the hotel guests? That would make you feel like a real man, dude.

Hope the Canadian and the Arena leagues won't hire him, either. Lets see if his wife "stands by her man" when he's broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Fijimn
    They claim that they did not have the video from inside the elevator. That may be true, but they knew there was another video; but it didn't seem that they worked real hard to obtain it. I also love how the NFL's lap dog ESPN didn't obtain the video...leave it up to little ol' TMZ Sports.

Jay Glazer was on Le Betard. Dan was asserting the same thing. However, Glazer stated that he has the only copy of the 'spygate' Patriots video and the NFL and Sen Arlen Spector both asked him for copies and he declined. 6 months later TMZ had the tape. A couple mil can get you almost anything.
    For the left the cause is always more important than the people who suffer for it.

The bigger fool than the fellow who knows it all is the one who'll argue with him.

The local sports show was reviewing the reports and back in July, Peter King, Mort and McManus reported or tweeted that several sources say that the league has reviewed both tapes. Moreover, Rice's attorney had a copy of the tape and the hotel employees are reporting today (on TMZ) that they would have handed it over to the league, but no one asked for it.

Goodell is running the league like a benevolent dictator. I suspect someone in the league saw the footage, informed Goodell that it was really bad--Goodell insituted a plan to isolate himself by intentionally avoiding seeing the tape. Now the tape is released, and he gives the lifetime ban hammer which is in violation of the level of punishment that he instituted two weeks ago (6 games for first offense); therefore, the players association will need to protest and appeal the punishment. An arbitrator will reduce the punishment (because he/she has to, it's what the league calls for) and Goodell can walk away saying he tried to do more, but those union guys are the devil. F-in evil genius.

My guess is the NFL didn't have the tape because nobody in the NFL wanted to pay for the tape. TMZ has never had much problem paying for pictures or videos.

Thread Information