[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Thread: New* Ray Rice Video

New* Ray Rice Video

It is posted on the front page of the website. The Ravens canceled his contract this morning after the video was released.

Does the NFL have the balls to ban Rice for life?

Re: New* Ray Rice Video

Quote Originally Posted by FSU_Jeep
    It is posted on the front page of the website. The Ravens canceled his contract this morning after the video was released.

Does the NFL have the balls to ban Rice for life?
    Not a chance.
    He didn't make racially insensitive remarks he merely knocked his fiance the eff out.
    For the left the cause is always more important than the people who suffer for it.

The bigger fool than the fellow who knows it all is the one who'll argue with him.

The NFL has screwed this entire thing up so badly that I'm about done with the entire league.

Some guy gets a year for smoking weed, and a guy gets two games for beating his fiance? Give me a freaking break.

Violence is reprehensible. Battering a woman is especially so. The league and society should make strong statements and now have.

But why? Did they do the morally right thing or did they do the financially right thing?

Let's not kid ourselves. Money runs business and the world. We can all be outraged by stuff but in the end moneys gonna rule. Not saying it's right. Just saying it's so.

Another thing. The victim has forgiven him and in fact committed to spend the rest of her life with him. But society and by proxy the league has not. is a ban from ever working in your chosen field a just punishment? And if so..... is it fair that not only does the woman now get knocked out... but she gets financially knocked out. Sure....if they wisely manage their money they won't ever be poor but it sure as hell will affect their lives forever.

If joe the plumber knocked his wife out would he banned from working on toilets? I don't know. It just seems that societal outrage sometimes has unintended victims and results. I get that society says "We must make an example of this high profile celebrity to make a statement and fight domestic violence." But will it? Actors, musicians,politicians, can knock their wives out and still roll on to some extent. But this guy's done?

If I was charged with domestic violence (or any other felony or crime of moral terpitude), I would have to self-report that charge to the state bar and be subject to disciplinary measures for that crime, which could include having my license suspended. So, NFL player is not the only profession where you actions outside the workplace may affect your ability to continue working in that profession.

And she has now spoken and is PISSED. Justifiably so I'd say.

Her: "NFL! WTF?

League (from their high horse) :We stand tall and strong for you and women everywhere! God bless you! And hey... we'll toss you some free tickets here and there. better now?

Quote Originally Posted by Fijimn
    If I was charged with domestic violence (or any other felony or crime of moral terpitude), I would have to self-report that charge to the state bar and be subject to disciplinary measures for that crime, which could include having my license suspended. So, NFL player is not the only profession where you actions outside the workplace may affect your ability to continue working in that profession.

OK...higher standard. You should be punished. But taking away your livelihood? This guy has what? Five productive years (if that) left. Say a person like you is 30. So you have 30-40 more productive years (at least). Even if Rice only misses one year that would equate to six years for you. If you smacked your wife would you be cool with being sat down for six years? Is that just? Would your wife be cool with that? Mac and cheese for 6 years while you cut grass for a living?

How bout let him work but take a good chunk of his pay. Donate that money toward org.s that assist victims. Wouldn't that make a MUCH bigger difference than this token? People will continue to smack people around. We can and should do what we can to stop it and aid victims. But we should be wise and make effective decisions and not just give lip service to the issue.

The NFL has a personal conduct policy that, although extremely broad and vague, grants Goddell borad descretion to levy punishment for acts (which may not reach the level of a criminal offense...see Ben Rothlesberger). The players, through their representation, agreed to this clause. Therefore, the basis for Rice's complaint is that the punishment increase is retro-active to the already levied 2 game suspension and violates Goodell's own (new) guidelines of 6 games for first time offense.

With respect to stopping domestic violence, i do not think that the league should be in the business of righting wrongs. It's in the business of policing its own employees, which it does a very poor job of. It can raise money and awareness and be a good corporate citizen but I think that is the extent of the league's involvement.

The real question is how long it takes for Ray Rice to contact Tony Dungy. This whole story could really use an injection of Dungy's patented moralizing crap.

Quote Originally Posted by MuchasVeces
    The real question is how long it takes for Ray Rice to contact Tony Dungy. This whole store could really use an injection of Dungy's patented moralizing crap.

Sure to follow

Thread Information