[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it Hillary or bust?

Is it Hillary or bust?

I thought the same thing back in 2008 and then some guy name Obama came out of nowhere to sweep the nation up in hope and change.

Is the Democratic party going all in on Hillary or hoping for someone more electric to rise up? Who else is out there and are they more centrist?

Re: Is it Hillary or bust?

Hillary is the centrist /establishment candidate.

There will be no one running from the Dem side who is more centrist than Hillary.

If Hillary does not run then I believe Elizabeth Warren is the person most likely embraced by the Dem base to get the nomination - and she is more leftist than Obama. Some on the left would argue much more leftist.

My "more centrist" comment was supposed to be directed at Obama not Hillary. I hate to ask since I know where you stand, but do you think this country needs/wants a leader/gov't that is MORE leftist?

Interesting about Warren - she voted as a Republican for many years saying, "I was a Republican because I thought that those were the people who best supported markets". She states that in 1995 she began to vote Democratic because she no longer believed that to be true, but she says that she has voted for both parties because she believed that neither party should dominate.

I agree.

It's probably Hillary, but keep an eye on Brian Schweitzer.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/magaz...ption-20140618
    You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Vikize:

I do think the country wants a President at least as liberal as Obama. And given how crazy the GOP is it's not difficult to see why.

And believe it or not I do believe that one party domination is generally not a good idea. However, and in the short term, occasionally one of the parties loses their collective minds and in that circumstance I favor 1 party domination whether it was the GOP in post Civil War America or the Democrats now while the GOP has an existential psychological melt down. When her dust clears and the GOP is back to being a generally sane party I can think about bringing more balance to government. Until then it is time for the left to take control of government.

Schweitzer is interesting and I think he has a great shot at the VP slot. A red state populist with a keen sense of humor makes a nice match for Hillary or Warren.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizike
    I thought the same thing back in 2008 and then some guy name Obama came out of nowhere to sweep the nation up in hope and change.

Is the Democratic party going all in on Hillary or hoping for someone more electric to rise up? Who else is out there and are they more centrist?
    I can't think of anybody they have, but I think Hillary is vulnerable on age (mainly), height, and controversial SOS tenure. I think a bright young politician could rise up like Bill did in the early 90s (if there is any bright, young Dem already in a high enough position of power......governor, big city mayor, cabinet member, high profile House member with 5 or more terms in office, Senator, flag officer)

Hillary will not be running,

She took the ice bucket challenge and melted.

:mrgreen:

LOL @ Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Tribe92
    It's probably Hillary, but keep an eye on Brian Schweitzer.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/magaz...ption-20140618
    That article probably did Schweitzer's candidacy in. I like Schweitzer a lot and think he was a good governor, but he doesn't have that makeup to beat Hillary in the primary. Hillary is only going to be vulnerable from the left, and unless Elizabeth Warren were to challenge her, I don't see her being beaten this time.

Everything was much different in 2007/08. The country was only in Iraq at that point for 4-5 years, which made the issue much more significant in the primaries. Obama was the liberal lightning in a bottle that was suited to challenge her at that time. People didn't like that Iraq War and wanted less partisanship and divisiveness from Washington. Hillary earned respect from a lot of liberals by supporting Obama and then working for him as Secretary of State. After Obama being somewhat ineffective in many areas of his presidency, I think idea of an insider who knows how to work this system is much more palatable than it was in 2008.

I will be curious to see who runs against Hillary in the primary. Martin O'Malley looks like he will jump in, but outside of him, it doesn't really seem like anyone wants to challenge Hillary.

Hillary booked a lot of favors for the party over the past 7 years - and is now going to cash every last one of them.

Obama will do his best to make sure his core voters come out big time for Hillary.

I like how full blown Fascists are now considered "centrist candidates".
    I am going to tear down your safe space
    Brick by brick I shall smash it with glee
    You cannot stop me from getting inside
    I am cold and I am hard and my name is 'Reality'

I like how full blown big government crony capitalists are mainstream Republican candidates.

Oh, I definitely agree with you there. That doesn't change the fact that Hillary is about as scary as it gets when it comes to personal freedoms.

She will get challenged hard from the left in the primary. They'll say she's the same as bush, call her a war hawk etc.

It will be a tough primary. Her nomination is not guaranteed at all.

But I think obama was a rare figure, and there will be no one of his caliber this time around.

You mean that there's no one with so little track record that nobody could harp on. He's as big a Fascist as Hillary is. It's just that nobody knew it at the time because he hadn't done anything.

What freedom have you lost since Obama took office?

Dude, he signed away our Habeas Corpus for one thing. Check out the fine print in the NDAA 2012.

Let's see is the section regarding habeas corpus of citizens being taken away holds up in SCOTUS.

Regardless, I hardly see how that has impinged on the lives of Americans. has any American citizens beeen denied habeas on home soil since it became law.

Got anything else?

They've already tried to fight it. Rand Paul led the charge but it was struck down.

Don't you understand what this means? It was our greatest liberty, and now it's gone. Signed away by Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by NoleSoup4U
    Dude, he signed away our Habeas Corpus for one thing. Check out the fine print in the NDAA 2012.
    That is a procedure to provide flexibility in dealing with terror suspects. The quasi-military, quasi-civil justice system is still being written on the fly when it comes to prosecuting citizens who are fighting the US with Jihad.

Call me when the NDAA procedures are being used against ordinary american citizens, not accused of terrorist activities, and I'll join you in the street protests.

Until then, relax.

Thread Information