[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Megyn Kelly Airs George W. Bush’s Warning on Iraq

Banned

Megyn Kelly Airs George W. Bush’s Warning on Iraq

Fox News Host Airs George W. Bush’s ‘Frighteningly Accurate’ 2007 Warning on Iraq

Fox News host Megyn Kelly aired a warning issued by former President George W. Bush on Iraq Thursday night, calling it “frighteningly accurate.”

Video Here---> http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...rning-on-iraq/

The clip was taken from a 2007 press conference and features Bush warn that if the U.S. withdrew too early from Iraq, troops would eventually have to return to face a stronger enemy.

“To begin withdrawing before our commanders tell us we are ready … would mean surrendering the future of Iraq to al Qaeda,” Bush said. “It would mean that we’d be risking mass killings on a horrific scale. It would mean we’d allow the terrorists to establish a safe haven in Iraq to replace the one they lost in Afghanistan.”

“It would mean increasing the probability that American troops would have to return at some later date to confront an enemy that is even more dangerous,” he concluded.

Kelly aired the video ahead of a segment focusing on the growing threat from the Islamic State terror group.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...rning-on-iraq/

Re: Megyn Kelly Airs George W. Bush’s Warning on Iraq

such a dope, right?

Banned

:D Dumbest president out of all 57 states!

It's 2014, and Bush didn't want to stay in Iraq this long. He signed off on the SoFA while he was in office and set a timetable for the exit of US forces. They thought Iraq was ready to stand on its own. Unfortunately, I think we're only now beginning to appreciate how serious the Sunni/Shia divide is in the ME. Every time we intervene or don't intervene, we're taking a side in that conflict.

I thought this was a pretty good piece on it:

http://<br /> <a href="http://www.ny....html?_r=0</a>

Banned

I believe he was pressured by the Idiots who were controlling congress at that time,...

Here's another fun quote to show that you can't take one quote and understand a situation:

I would guess if we had gone in there, we would still have forces in Baghdad today. We'd be running the country. We would not have been able to get everybody out and bring everybody home.
    And the final point that I think needs to be made is this question of casualties. I don't think you could have done all of that without significant additional U.S. casualties, and while everybody was tremendously impressed with the low cost of the (1991) conflict, for the 146 Americans who were killed in action and for their families, it wasn't a cheap war.
    And the question in my mind is, how many additional American casualties is Saddam (Hussein) worth? And the answer is, not that damned many. So, I think we got it right, both when we decided to expel him from Kuwait, but also when the President made the decision that we'd achieved our objectives and we were not going to go get bogged down in the problems of trying to take over and govern Iraq.[118]
    — Dick Cheney - 1992
    King Jackass

But that was before 9/11 Belem - and after Clinton significantly cut defense. We just had to kill a bunch of people somewhere to pump up our defense budget - not to mention pay off private contractors like Blackwater.

Never mind Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 - it was a perfect excuse to convince Americans to go kill more people and spend billions while low income Americans couldn't afford health insurance.

And then conservatives wonder why that get pissed on by the rest of the country,

Banned

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by Guckster
    I believe he was pressured by the Idiots who were controlling congress at that time,...
    Well...no...he was "pressured" by the fact that on December 31st of 2008 the UN mandate governing our presence in Iraq was set to expire and we had to have a bilateral agreement with the Iraqis in order to remain. And he was "pressured" by the Iraqi National Security Advisor who said, "We will not accept any memorandum of understanding if it does not give a specific date for a complete withdrawal of foreign troops". And he was "pressured" by al-Maliki who said that Iraq wouldn't agree to extend the UN mandate and the US would have to pull out immediately if the Iraqi parliament failed to approve an agreement.

But you have that fairy tale in your head so stick with that.
    "The transition from democracy to tyranny is most easily brought about by a popular leader who knows how to exploit the class antagonism between the rich and the poor within the democratic state, and who succeeds in building up a bodyguard of a private army of his own. The people who have hailed him first as the champion of freedom are soon enslaved."

-From Things Plato Never Said

Banned

Damn you are ate up with it, You need some help.

I posted no opinion there. Everything you read is completely factual. If you think otherwise...REFUTE IT or, in your own terms, STFU. Better to remain silent and be thought the fool...you seem to be totally committed to removing all doubt. And you are being spectacularly successful.
    "The transition from democracy to tyranny is most easily brought about by a popular leader who knows how to exploit the class antagonism between the rich and the poor within the democratic state, and who succeeds in building up a bodyguard of a private army of his own. The people who have hailed him first as the champion of freedom are soon enslaved."

...dp...

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Nole
    But that was before 9/11 Belem - and after Clinton significantly cut defense. We just had to kill a bunch of people somewhere to pump up our defense budget - not to mention pay off private contractors like Blackwater.

Never mind Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 - it was a perfect excuse to convince Americans to go kill more people and spend billions while low income Americans couldn't afford health insurance.

And then conservatives wonder why that get pissed on by the rest of the country,
    \

Health care isn't a right nor is it owed to anyone.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tarheelbybirth
    I posted no opinion there. Everything you read is completely factual. If you think otherwise...REFUTE IT or, in your own terms, STFU. Better to remain silent and be thought the fool...you seem to be totally committed to removing all doubt. And you are being spectacularly successful.
    I do not give a Fugg about anything but what Bush Predicted in 2007. Seems he was right. That is all that matters,...not you idiots who like to change the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Nole
    Never mind Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 - it was a perfect excuse to convince Americans to go kill more people and spend billions
    9/11 happened because we had troops stationed in the Middle East (specifically Saudi Arabia) as part of a containment policy that the Bush-Clinton-Bush administrations all enforced. That's no small part in why we withdrew those troops in 2003. Without Saddam there was no justification their presence was politically inconvenient for the king.

I do not give a Fugg about anything but what Bush Predicted in 2007. Seems he was right. That is all that matters,...not you idiots who like to change the subject.
    The why did you claim he was pressured into leaving Iraq by Congress. THAT was your lie I was refuting. Do you not believe what you post or do you just vomit out the first thought that pops into your head?

Spectacularly successful you are at removing all doubt.

Banned

The why did you claim he was pressured into leaving Iraq by Congress. THAT was your lie I was refuting. Do you not believe what you post or do you just vomit out the first thought that pops into your head?

Naaah I just like giving you something to have a hissy fit about,... Damn I am good. I suggest you find someone else to pester... You are like a nat, flying about my face....you are about to become the first person I put on Ignore.

Naaah I just like giving you something to have a hissy fit about,... Damn I am good. I suggest you find someone else to pester... You are like a nat, flying about my face....you are about to become the first person I put on Ignore.
    If you feel that you can't defend your lying moronic posts, feel free to ignore me, coward. And the "g" in "gnat" is silent but still necessary.

Banned

[quote=tarheelbybirth]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Guckster":aqx2zz1k

If you feel that you can't defend your lying moronic posts, feel free to ignore me, coward. And the "g" in "gnat" is silent but still necessary.[/quote:aqx2zz1k]

Yawn.... you done with the self righteous BS yet? I love the grammar police.

What he said wasn't prophetic, it was common sense. The thing is, we still have troops fighting over there. 500 mercs were just killed when ISIS took the northern part of Iraq. Here's the real problem though...when will they be ready? It's been a f***ing decade already.
    I am going to tear down your safe space
    Brick by brick I shall smash it with glee
    You cannot stop me from getting inside
    I am cold and I am hard and my name is 'Reality'

Thread Information