[Timezone Detection]
X
Really Fast Registration - Join in seconds!

User Name: Email Address: Over 13 and agree
to Forum Rules?  
Human Verification

Thread: So, my wife and I shopped around for health insurance...

So, my wife and I shopped around for health insurance...

As our open enrollment season is here, my wife and I decided to see if we could get a better deal than that offered by our employers.

She recently decided to take some time off of work to tackle some personal projects, so our options were: her COBRA continuation of the coverage we're already on; switch to the coverage offered by my employer; or find something else in the marketplace.

So, we dropped by Healthcare.gov. It's not open enrollment season with obamacare yet, but you're still supposed to be able to enroll if you've had a "life-change event" (i.e., my wife's job change). Clicking the link to "See if you qualify for a special enrollment" resulted in the website thinking about it for a couple of minutes, and then telling me that the website can't help me now, and to try again later.

Moving on, we picked up the phone and called some insurance agents. Bing Bam Boom. We got two very competitive quotes very quickly with no hassles, no exposure of my personal data to hackers, and old-school personal service.

Why'd we need to spend a trillion dollars on this stupid website that doesn't work? Before Obamacare, call an agent. After Obamacare, you can still call an agent. Obamacare seems more and more like a solution in search of a problem.

Re: So, my wife and I shopped around for health insurance...

Ha Ha, you went to a market place where you are offered a very competitive rate where BCBS competes against BCBS.

I think most areas are like this, obamacare market place only has BlueCross BlueSheild... that makes for a real good fair market setup huh...

The price of insurance is ridiculous now. I'm going to wait until Christ gets elected and I'm just going to get on medicaid.
    I am going to tear down your safe space
    Brick by brick I shall smash it with glee
    You cannot stop me from getting inside
    I am cold and I am hard and my name is 'Reality'

Quote Originally Posted by NoleSoup4U
    The price of insurance is ridiculous now. I'm going to wait until Christ gets elected and I'm just going to get on medicaid.

Christ is running for an elected office? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Pacedog

I'd probably vote for him. No way he gets elected in a red state, though.
    "The transition from democracy to tyranny is most easily brought about by a popular leader who knows how to exploit the class antagonism between the rich and the poor within the democratic state, and who succeeds in building up a bodyguard of a private army of his own. The people who have hailed him first as the champion of freedom are soon enslaved."

-From Things Plato Never Said

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tarheelbybirth
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacedog

I'd probably vote for him. No way he gets elected in a red state, though.
    It just shows that you don't do a whole lot of research on your candidates and vote the party line. Crist might be the worst governor we ever had. I haven't liked everything Rick Scott does, and I personally think he's a douche bag as well, but Crist was beyond terrible. He wrecked the whole f***ing state and then he ran away from the problems he created and tried to run for the Senate and was beaten out by douche bag Marco Rubio. Hell, even Rubio isn't as big of a douche bag as Crist is. Just think about that last statement. Rubio is a HUGE douche and he's still better than Crist.

gov't. is a disease masquerading as its own cure...
    http://www.bigdelivery.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31&dateline=142444635  1

Quote Originally Posted by noles2952
    gov't. is a disease masquerading as its own cure...
    Truer words have never been spoken (or in this case, typed)

Thread Information